Old March 25th 07, 07:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default what mode am I hearing?

In the vicinity of 2306-2307 kHz, LSB, there's a digital mode that
I've never heard before. (Actually there are a lot of modes I can't
recognize by ear, but this particular one I just stumbled upon is loud
and has a funky beat.)

Old March 25th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Jim Shaffer" wrote in message
In the vicinity of 2306-2307 kHz, LSB, there's a digital mode that
I've never heard before. (Actually there are a lot of modes I can't
recognize by ear, but this particular one I just stumbled upon is loud
and has a funky beat.)

Late last night I heard something like CW at
2306.6. (west coast) It was faint and it was
either keying on-off or was changing amplitude.
Hearing nothing in the morning, as one would
expect.

--
rb

Old March 26th 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Jim Shaffer" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 11:04:53 -0700, "Ron Baker, Pluralitas!"
wrote:

"Jim Shaffer" wrote in message
. ..
In the vicinity of 2306-2307 kHz, LSB, there's a digital mode that
I've never heard before. (Actually there are a lot of modes I can't
recognize by ear, but this particular one I just stumbled upon is loud
and has a funky beat.)

Late last night I heard something like CW at
2306.6. (west coast) It was faint and it was
either keying on-off or was changing amplitude.
Hearing nothing in the morning, as one would
expect.

What I heard sounded sort of like CW except that there was a data
burst in sync with the tones.

SITOR maybe? Have you heard SITOR before?

--
rb

Old March 27th 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:29:16 -0700, "Ron Baker, Pluralitas!"
wrote:

What I heard sounded sort of like CW except that there was a data
burst in sync with the tones.

SITOR maybe? Have you heard SITOR before?

I think I've heard SITOR, but this sounded slower. Are there
different speeds of SITOR?