RadioBanter

-   -   Coast Guard rescue comms on 6640 usb (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/117356-coast-guard-rescue-comms-6640-usb.html)

Steve March 28th 07 01:33 AM

Coast Guard rescue comms on 6640 usb

Have been hearing them for just a minute or two, but there appears to
be an operation in progress.

I'd better check my frequency lists because I don't recall hearing the
Coast Guard on this frequency before.

My apologies to the group for posting on a topic unrelated to HD
radio.

Steve

xxx March 30th 07 09:06 PM

"Steve" wrote:

Have been hearing them for just a minute or two, but there appears to
be an operation in progress.

I'd better check my frequency lists because I don't recall hearing the
Coast Guard on this frequency before.

I was just listening to NY ATC on 6577 (Fri afternoon 3/30/07) and
they had a commercial flight QSY to 6640 to speak to his company HQ.

Steve March 30th 07 09:35 PM

On Mar 30, 4:06 pm, xxx wrote:
"Steve" wrote:
Have been hearing them for just a minute or two, but there appears to
be an operation in progress.

I'd better check my frequency lists because I don't recall hearing the
Coast Guard on this frequency before.

I was just listening to NY ATC on 6577 (Fri afternoon 3/30/07) and
they had a commercial flight QSY to 6640 to speak to his company HQ.

Yes, this is actually the same sort of thing I was listening to on
6640 khz the other evening. Pilot had a warning light go off and was
talking to HQ about it.