Old March 28th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Coast Guard rescue comms on 6640 usb

Have been hearing them for just a minute or two, but there appears to
be an operation in progress.

I'd better check my frequency lists because I don't recall hearing the
Coast Guard on this frequency before.

My apologies to the group for posting on a topic unrelated to HD
radio.

Steve

Old March 30th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
xxx xxx is offline

"Steve" wrote:

Have been hearing them for just a minute or two, but there appears to
be an operation in progress.

I'd better check my frequency lists because I don't recall hearing the
Coast Guard on this frequency before.

I was just listening to NY ATC on 6577 (Fri afternoon 3/30/07) and
they had a commercial flight QSY to 6640 to speak to his company HQ.
Old March 30th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 30, 4:06 pm, xxx wrote:
"Steve" wrote:
Have been hearing them for just a minute or two, but there appears to
be an operation in progress.

I'd better check my frequency lists because I don't recall hearing the
Coast Guard on this frequency before.

I was just listening to NY ATC on 6577 (Fri afternoon 3/30/07) and
they had a commercial flight QSY to 6640 to speak to his company HQ.

Yes, this is actually the same sort of thing I was listening to on
6640 khz the other evening. Pilot had a warning light go off and was
talking to HQ about it.

Canadian Coast Guard comms Steve Shortwave 0 October 30th 06 10:36 PM
Coast Guard dxAce Shortwave 7 August 30th 05 02:11 AM
Coast Guard dxAce Shortwave 0 August 29th 05 11:26 PM
Coast Guard Rescue in Progress Greg Shortwave 2 August 4th 05 01:40 AM
"FM" Or "NFM" For Coast Guard Freq's ? Robert11 Scanner 2 August 18th 04 06:00 PM