Old March 31st 07, 10:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default RHF's Plan For The "HD" AM/MW Radio Band - Going All Digital And Beyond !

Burr,

Many believe that "HD" Radio -aka- IBOC will when fully
implemented in the USofA will create a Digital {White}
Noise Barrier across the AM/MW Band.

Effectively -then- all AM/MW Radio reception will be 'Local'
-with-in- the so called 10mv/m Contour.

Yes - This effectively will end DXing as we know it. ~ RHF

- - - REPOST - - -

IBOC Digital "Hash" {Noise} - It is a "Additive" Problem that Grows
both Day and Night and Raises the Local and Distant Noise Levels
with respect to Radio Signal reception.

Local - 7 IBOC IBOC Digital "Hash" {Noise} Generators
-aka- AM "HD" Radio Stations
Maybe Adds One S-Unit of Added Noise to the S/N Across the Band

Regional Area - 49 IBOC IBOC Digital "Hash" {Noise} Generators
-aka- AM "HD" Radio Stations
Maybe Adds One S-Unit of Added Noise to the S/N Across the Band
- - - Adds Up to Two S-Units of Added Noise

State - 343 IBOC IBOC Digital "Hash" {Noise} Generators
-aka- AM "HD" Radio Stations
Maybe Adds One S-Unit of Added Noise to the S/N Across the Band
- - - Adds Up to Three S-Units of Added Noise

Nationally - 2401 IBOC IBOC Digital "Hash" {Noise} Generators
-aka- AM "HD" Radio Stations
Maybe Adds One S-Unit of Added Noise to the S/N Across the Band
- - - Adds Up to Four S-Units of Added Noise

IMHO - Full implimentation of IBOC Across the Nation on the
majority of AM/MW Radio Stations : Will mean that "All" AM/MW
Radio Reception will be Local. The 10mv/m Contour with be a
[Boundry] that No-Out-Side-Signal will be able to penetrate beyond.

and that is the way i see (hear) it ~ RHF
- - - E O F - - -

Burr - Then there is the Nasty Little Secret of the New
"HD" Digital Signal "Designed" Broadcast Limits:
* Typical FM Signal Design Range 92KM (58 Miles)
* Typical AM Signal Design Range 150KM (93 Miles)
Yes -This is the 'ever' "Limiting" 10 mv/m Contour of
a "HD" Radio Station's Area of Service.

TBL - This 'results' in More "Localized" Radio Stations
-and- More "Local" Advertising Dollar $ $ $

READ - why not, Why Not. WHY NOT ! - Leave AM Radio Alone
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...4c4f482b701d06

Point # 1 - Why Not - Expand the FM Band !
Yes "HD" Radio makes sense in an "Expanded"
FM Radio Band to cover 76 MHz to 88 MHz to
create and additional 60 Channels for many of
the AM/MW Radio Stations to Transition to . . .

Point # 2 - Re-Configure the AM/MW Band !
YES "HD" Radio will Trash the AM/MW Radio Band [.]
So -Why-Not- Clear-Out the AM/MW Radio Band of All
Analog Radio Broadcasting and go to All Digital "HD"
AM/MW Radio Broadcasting.

RHF's PLAN FOR THE "HD" AM/MW RADIO BAND
{ Yes - I Have A Plan ! } -Cause- I Think 'Digital' 24/7 !

SPACING - Space the AM "HD" Radio Stations at 25 kHz :
550 - 575 - 600 - 625 - 650 - 675 - 700 - 725 - 750 - 775 -
800 - 825 - 850 - 875 - 900 - 925 - 950 - 975 -
1000 - 1025 - 1050 - 1075 - 1100 - 1125 - 1150 - 1175 -
1200 - 1225 - 1250 - 1275 - 1300 - 1325 - 1350 - 1375 -
1400 - 1425 - 1450 - 1475 - 1500 - 1525 - 1550 - 1575 -
1600 - 1625 - 1650 - 1675 - 1700 kHzs
* Which adds up to 47 AM/MW Radio Channels to be
used for AM/MW "HD" {Ditigal} Radio Broadcasting.

POWER AND NUMBER OF STATIONS
AM/MW "HD" {Ditigal} Radio Broadcasting ERP Levels
{and Limited Number of Radio Stations} :

* Regional Area Market ERP 27 KW {Limit 50 Stations}
Broadcasting on Seven (7) Channels {Frequencies} :
550 - 625 - 700 - 775 - 850 - 925 - 1000
- - - Target Signal Service Area 270 Mile Radius.

* Large Metro Area Market ERP 9 KW {Limit 150 Stations}
Broadcasting on Fourteen (14) Channels {Frequencies} :
1050 - 1100 - 1150 - 1200 - 1250 - 1300 - 1350 - 1400 -
1450 - 1500 - 1550 - 1600 - 1650 - 1700
- - - Target Signal Service Area 90 Mile Radius.

* Metro Area Market ERP 3 KW {Limit 450 Stations}
Assigned to the Non-Regional Channels from 575 to
975 kHz; which is Twelve (12) Frequencies.
- - - Target Signal Service Area 30 Mile Radius.

* Local Small Area Market ERP 1 KW {Limit 1350 Stations}
Assigned to the Non-Large Metro Area Channels from 1075
to 1675 kHz; which is Thirteen (13) Frequencies.
- - - Target Signal Service Area 10 Mile Radius.

-Note- This is the Digital Signal ERP and there would be "NO"
Analog AM/MW Broadcasting by these Radio Stations [.]

This adds up to 2000 'possible' AM/MW "HD" {Ditigal} Radio
Stations Nation-Wide with 200 of the Higher Powered Radio
Stations in the Larger Metro Areas and a Total of 650 for All
Metro Areas with the remaining 1350 for the Smaller Towns
and Cities across the Nation.

FWIW "TIS" and LPFM Community Broadcasters would all be
moved to the Expanded FM Band and be allowed and ERP of :
* 10 Watts Omni for a Site {Airport}
* 30 Watts Bi-Directional Road Advisory {Highway}
* 90 Watts Omni for a Area {City}

oh yes... if - i ruled the world ! ) ~ RHF
Old March 31st 07, 11:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...
Burr,

Many believe that "HD" Radio -aka- IBOC will when fully
implemented in the USofA will create a Digital {White}
Noise Barrier across the AM/MW Band.

Effectively -then- all AM/MW Radio reception will be 'Local'
-with-in- the so called 10mv/m Contour.

Yes - This effectively will end DXing as we know it. ~ RHF

THEN, post the names of members of Congress who are working on these
programs so we can ask that they be stopped until they can assure that they
will not mess-up Shortwave!!!

Burr

Old March 31st 07, 01:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

READ - why not, Why Not. WHY NOT ! - Leave AM Radio Alonehttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/f64c4f482b701d06

[...]

.
PS - They Said It Could Not Be Done - And It Can't !
.
Insanity is the Normal Condition of a mad, Mad. MAD ! World.
.
.
. .

There are only about 175 out of the 4,000+ AM stations broadcasting in
HD and most are owned by the HD Radio Alliance partners. There is
little incentive to other broadcasters to go AM-HD:

"RW Opinion: Rethinking AM's future"

"Only 175 or so AM stations have even licensed AM-HD. For a number of
reasons, quite a few have tried it and taken it off the air, or so the
anecdotal evidence suggests. (Ibiquity no longer reports in its public
summaries whether a station is on the air.) Making AM-HD work well as
a long-term investment is seen as an expensive and risky challenge for
most stations and their owners. With the bulk of successful AMs airing
news, talk and sports, the improved fidelity advantage of HD and
stereo seem only marginally attractive. There is the significant
downside of potential new interference to some of their own AM analog
listeners as well as listeners of adjacent-channel stations. And of
course we still have no nighttime authority for AM-HD."

http://www.rwonline.com/pages/s.0044/t.557.html

Old March 31st 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"download.com" wrote in message

"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...
Burr,

Many believe that "HD" Radio -aka- IBOC will when fully
implemented in the USofA will create a Digital {White}
Noise Barrier across the AM/MW Band.

Effectively -then- all AM/MW Radio reception will be 'Local'
-with-in- the so called 10mv/m Contour.

Yes - This effectively will end DXing as we know it. ~ RHF

THEN, post the names of members of Congress who are working on these
programs so we can ask that they be stopped until they can assure that
they will not mess-up Shortwave!!!

The FCC, not Congress, "works on" such issues. And they approved HD two
weeks ago.

Old March 31st 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 31, 9:00�am, "download.com" wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message

oups.com... Burr,

Many believe that "HD" Radio -aka- IBOC will when fully
implemented in the USofA will create a Digital {White}
Noise Barrier across the AM/MW Band.

Effectively -then- all AM/MW Radio reception will be 'Local'
-with-in- the so called 10mv/m Contour.

Yes - This effectively will end DXing as we know it. *~ RHF

THEN, post the names of members of Congress who are working on these
programs so we can ask that they be stopped until they can assure that they
will not mess-up Shortwave!!!

Burr

I emailed Senator Sununu, who is working on legislation to block FCC
tech mandates.

Old March 31st 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 31, 12:34�pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"download.com" wrote in message

"RHF" wrote in message
roups.com...
Burr,

Many believe that "HD" Radio -aka- IBOC will when fully
implemented in the USofA will create a Digital {White}
Noise Barrier across the AM/MW Band.

Effectively -then- all AM/MW Radio reception will be 'Local'
-with-in- the so called 10mv/m Contour.

Yes - This effectively will end DXing as we know it. *~ RHF

THEN, post the names of members of Congress who are working on these
programs so we can ask that they be stopped until they can assure that
they will not mess-up Shortwave!!!

The FCC, not Congress, "works on" such issues. And they approved HD two
weeks ago.- Hide quoted text -

I have an idea, Eduardo - I saw in another thread that your sister is
a lawyer. How about I give you my name and address, so the HD Radio
Alliance/iBiquity can sue me for spreading links to other peoples'
works. Then I will have Kahn represent me, and we can get all the
issues with IBOC and iBiquity's sole-source, non-competitve contract
award out in the public forum ? I would welcome having the big bullies
sue me, for all the money we have, then I could counter-sue for
hundreds-of-millions, and finally get all the press coverage we want.
Sound good to you ? Wouldn't the public love that huge corporations
are ganging-up to sue a blogger ?

Old March 31st 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 31, 12:34?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

I have an idea, Eduardo - I saw in another thread that your sister is
a lawyer.

--- actually, it is one of my daughters. But reading comprehension is not
one of your strong suits.

How about I give you my name and address, so the HD Radio
Alliance/iBiquity can sue me for spreading links to other peoples'
works.

------ and for lying about things like "increased skywave" and so on.

Then I will have Kahn represent me,

------ Kahn is about 182 years ond. Hope for a quick resolution.

and we can get all the
issues with IBOC and iBiquity's sole-source, non-competitve contract
award out in the public forum ?

--------- it already has been. The FCC is aware of the system's contractual
terms, and approved it.

I would welcome having the big bullies
sue me, for all the money we have, then I could counter-sue for
hundreds-of-millions, and finally get all the press coverage we want.
Sound good to you ? Wouldn't the public love that huge corporations
are ganging-up to sue a blogger ?

------ I think the issue here is going after someone who, for months, has
been spreading lies and misinformation. It's not about blogging. It's about
the lies.

Old March 31st 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Mar 31, 5:35 am, wrote:
On Mar 31, 8:51 am, "RHF" wrote:

[...]

NSA Reject,

Actually there is - Staying Competitive in the FM Radio
Market Place -and- I will Repeat myself it is FM "HD"
Radio that will Drive the Adoption and Transition to "HD"
Radio Broadcasting -and- AM/MW Radio will just be
dragged-a-long for a very bumpy ride down the road of
technological change.

NOTE - That the 'majority' of Commercial Radio Business
in the USofA is FM Radio Broadcasting -and- the Target
Audience is those Radio Listeners Under-the-Age-of-35.

IMHO - "HD" Radio will be a Success -if- these younger
FM Radio Listeners Buy "HD" Radios because they
"WANT" {and Got-to-Have} the better Quality Sound
that FM "HD" {All Digital} Radio offers them for the
Enjoyment of their Music.

FWIW - The Future of many Analog AM Radio Stations
lies in an Expanded FM "HD" Radio Band and the
transition of their Broadcast Rights from AM to FM
as a Better Business that Serves the Interest of the
American Public more Efficiently.

OBTW - What "HD" Radio does for AM/MW Radio
is simply an after-thought :
-IF- HD Radio 'benefits' AM/MW Radio Great
-IF NOT- Oh Well AM/MW Radio is a diminishing
Con$umer Market anyway.

damn - i am beginning to sound like 'de' ~ RHF
Old March 31st 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:

On Mar 31, 5:35 am, wrote:

[...]

Do you spit or swallow?

Old April 1st 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:
IMHO - "HD" Radio will be a Success -if- these younger
FM Radio Listeners Buy "HD" Radios because they
"WANT" {and Got-to-Have} the better Quality Sound
that FM "HD" {All Digital} Radio offers them for the
Enjoyment of their Music.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Better quality sound? These kids are stuffing their ipods full of 64Kbps
mp3 files so they can get as much music as possible onto them. On top of
that, the radio is so compressed that it doesn't sound much like the
original material anyway, so why bother buying yet another radio to hear the
same old garbage?

You do realize that most young people have been into 'album music' for a
long time now, and don't even really listen to the spoon-fed pap that the
industry is trying to feed them? The only place I ever hear the radio on
base is in the mail room. Most are playing CD's (rap/hiphop) or MP3's from a
disc on boomboxes.

Now give a little thought to this: Are any of the people who fileshare
copyright music going to pay $200 for a radio to hear someone else play it
with added advertisements? I really doubt it. Think I'll do a poll on base
and see how much any of those 18-25 year old soldiers care about radio in
general, and "HD" radio in particular.