Old April 1st 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default pirate?

7415kc 1854dst undercoverradio

Old April 2nd 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 1, 8:43 pm, "N9NEO" wrote:
On Apr 1, 7:56 pm, wrote:

On Apr 1, 11:56 pm, "N9NEO" wrote:

7415kc 1854dst undercoverradio

WBCQ (The Planet) carries anyone who will pay, and I guess
Dr. Benway has more money then time at the moment.

Terry

Yea, ok, Terry. Art first when I punched it in I expected it to be
WBCQ, but I listen for a while and didn't hear ID. It was still
daylight here so wasn't sure. And pirate was using Ontario po box
which is right across the lake from me. It was confusing - as to why
he would be on 7415 unless he was jamming. Then of course I know
weiner will sell airtime to anybody.

Undercover Radio has been rebroadcast on WBCQ several times.
I don't know what they charge, but I guess the price is right.

Linear Technology has a Eliptic filter with a built in oscillator and
divider that can get down to 2 kHz. The filter has a 10 pole response
and Fc can be controlled with a pot. Sweet part and I'm wondering how
it would work with the precision detector. Project is in my sights.
I'm working at Harris RFC in Rochester and engineer I work with
pointed me to the LM386 amplifier so I picked up a few. I used them
years ago on other projects. He told me that's what Harris used in the
RF590, and he swears it's the best audio going with very low
distortion. I'd like to hear your take on that.

Start with http://www.amwindow.org/tech/htm/alowdisdet.htm
and then add to it as time allows. It gives maybe 90% of the
performance of a sync detectot 90% of the time.

The spec sheet http://cache.national.com/ds/LM/LM386.pdf
shows good chartoristics. But under very marginal conditions,
a signal right at the lower limit of Intelligibility, I found nothing
beat a Class A amp. But how many of us spend enough time
listening to such marginal signals that the difference is worth
the effort? For 99.999+% of SWL the LM386 would be great.
A little underpowered at 125mW, but acceptable under most
conditions.

Harris is awsome place to work. I got an antenna farm that has no
rival. A patch panel on the second floor gets any antenna on the roof
down into the shack in the basement. Even got a big log that goes down
to 40m band. Test gear is unmatched as well. And it's US tax dollars
thats funding it all. SWEET!

Regards,
Bob
N9NEO

You are very lucky. With that type equipment I wouldn;t get any real
work done, I wuold have oddles of fun, until my lack of productivity
caught up with me.

Terry

Old April 2nd 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 1, 8:43 pm, "N9NEO" wrote:
On Apr 1, 7:56 pm, wrote:

On Apr 1, 11:56 pm, "N9NEO" wrote:

[...]

For a simplified overview of what I was trying to do see:
http://www.gold-line.com/pdf/articles/p_sti01e14.pdf
My testing had several flaws.

My data set wasn't 100% random, there was a very
slight bias in the random play mode that varied by
up to 5%.

My tests used word pairs with no context clues.

English is a language with a lot of redundency.
you can follow most non technical conversations
even if you can only understand ~50%.

But the biggest weakness was my inability to simulate
mulitpath selective fading. I was only dealling with pure
signal to noise not signal +distorted signal + noise.

I learned a lot from my remote HiFer test "beacon" and
I am glad I wpent all the time and effort. I only wish I
had a few million to build several KW transmitters at
different distances to study selective fading.

Terry

Pirate ! 6.925 USB . . . Pirate ! 00:15 UTC Pirate !! [email protected] Shortwave 2 July 8th 06 04:49 PM
fm pirate ? Henry Kolesnik Shortwave 10 November 13th 05 10:13 PM
FM pirate ?? rayindesmoines Broadcasting 0 November 12th 05 09:13 PM
FM pirate ?? Henry Kolesnik Broadcasting 0 November 10th 05 06:22 PM
pirate on now Brian Shortwave 4 April 16th 04 03:00 AM