Old April 2nd 07, 10:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Kenwood r-500

Hi, I have a kenwood r-500 and in need of a power cord. I can use the cord
off my external hard drive to power the radio. Wonder what theese radios
sells for? I am a blind person, and don't mess with ebay that much. If I
can't found a power cord for this radio, I will sell it. if anyone is
interested, e-mail back.
http://www.randomc.com/~dana/oldies

Old April 2nd 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 2, 4:51 am, Dana wrote:
Hi, I have a kenwood r-500 and in need of a power cord. I can use the cord
off my external hard drive to power the radio. Wonder what theese radios
sells for? I am a blind person, and don't mess with ebay that much. If I
can't found a power cord for this radio, I will sell it. if anyone is
interested, e-mail back.http://www.randomc.com/~dana/oldies

Unless my memory is failing me, the R5000 uses a 2 conductorIEC power
cable. A standard Pc IEC cable will work fine. The difference is the
R2000
and R5000 female sockets don't have the ground pin. So a standard 3
conductor IEC "PC" power uspply cable as is found on PCs, monitors,
and many other modern devices will work fine.

For anyo0ne who might care about the different flavors of IEC cables,
see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_connector

PCs uses C13 and C14 connectors, and many receivers and HifFi
equipement
useC17 and C18 Connectors.

Terry