Old April 4th 07, 06:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default S 350 DL

I was browsing in Radio Shack today, and I bought a black Grundig S 350 DL.
I've had a regular 350 for quite a while now, and have always loved it, so I
thought I would pick up on the new version. I haven't had time to tune
around on it yet, but it looks like it will be a fine addition to my
portable collection. It looks very cool in black. I like the idea of the FM
stereo and the fact it will take AA batteries too. I always have a good
supply of them in the house, but I never have that many extra D cells
around.

Last month I bought The small black Grundig Mini-300, and have had a barrel
of fun with it. The size and performance for 29 bucks made it a great
deal. The S350 DL was only 99 plus tax. I like the new steam of portables
that is hitting America. Neat radios for a great prices. It kind of juices
up the old hobby. I love collecting radios as much as listening to them.

Old April 4th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 4, 4:02�am, "SWL-2010" wrote:
[...]

The S350 is poison - stay away from it:

"Survey #2 - What is the most over rated radio that you have ever
owned?"

http://www.radiointel.com/results2.htm

Old April 4th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 4, 4:02?am, "SWL-2010" wrote:
[...]

Poison? That's a little dramatic. It's a radio. I've owned a 350 for
several years and I love. I dont care anymore about radio reviews than I do
movie reviews. They're someone elses opinion. I'm capable of forming my own
opinions.

Old April 4th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 4, 9:09 am, wrote:
On Apr 4, 4:02?am, "SWL-2010" wrote:

[...]

Congratulations. I think you will find the S350DL will do exactly
what it is designed to ddo. Which is deliver excellent good audio for
broadcast stations on AM, shortwave and FM with the minimum number of
controls.

I think of the S350DL and S350 as a volks-radio along the lines of the
very popular Panasonic analog/digitals of th 1980's. None of them
were designed to be DX machines but they will pull in a lot of
stations with the built-in antenna.

Old April 15th 07, 04:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed your S350. I just picked one up
today as my first radio for SWL. I noticed the DL model you were
describing in black, but I didn't see a drastic difference and
decided on a $70.00 unit for my first listening device. The only thing
I was disappointed in was that the sales rep. told me I could also
tune WX frequencies, but I haven't found that to be the case. Not a
huge disappointment though.
Anyhow, thanks for the info as it reinforced my decision to grab this
radio today.

Old April 18th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You say Huh??????????? Those stuck up cats in that
rec.amateur.radio+phonograph (or whatever they call it) so-called news
group.I DESPISE them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just because they think they know how to work on AM radios and tv sets
and phonographs,,,, they think they are hot snot and roasted boogers.I
have to watch this other Sanford & Son program on Radi tb now,,, next
up,,, Trees Company.
cuhulin

Old April 4th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 4, 1:18?pm, lsmyer wrote:
Congratulations on your cool new radio. I have a Tecsun BCL-2000
(Chinese version of the S-350) which I really like, and I've also
considered the S-350DL.

How does your new radio's performance (sensitivity, sound, drifting,
tuning) compare with your original S-350?

For some reason, some of the people who post here get really worked up
over the S-350DL. Don't let their criticism ruin your enjoyment of your
new radio.

The S350s are garbage - open yours up and see what I mean.

Old April 4th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"lsmyer" wrote in message
Congratulations on your cool new radio. I have a Tecsun BCL-2000
(Chinese version of the S-350) which I really like, and I've also
considered the S-350DL.

How does your new radio's performance (sensitivity, sound, drifting,
tuning) compare with your original S-350?

I havn't had time to sit down and tune it much yet, but so far so good. I
can't detect any drift to amount to anything. The sound is great. The two
tone controls make it rich, or flat, any way you want it. And so far, like
my older S350, the sensitivity is very good. I've used my S350 a great deal,
so I thought I would get the newer verision since the price was right at
only a hundred bucks.

For some reason, some of the people who post here get really worked up
over the S-350DL. Don't let their criticism ruin your enjoyment of your
new radio.

Negative and/or foolish people don't affect me or rain on my parade.
Unfortunatly they do live among us, all we can do is tolerate their petty
jealousy and insecurities. They're kind of like the bratty kid who shows up
at your grandsons bithday party, just give them some cake and hope their
parents take them home first so they dont spoil the party for everyone else.

Old April 5th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I've had my Tecsun BCL3000 for about a year and a half with no problems. It
works just as I expected.

I had a Grundig FR200 radio that I used at the office, but after three
months of use, the volume control got very noisy. I got a replacement, and
it developed the same problem. My BCL3000 did not develop this problem and
all the controls work well. The tuning knob was a little stiff when I first
got it, but it has loosened up a bit since, and it's easy to tune. Despite
all the negative comments, I find my BCL3000 is an all around fun radio to
use. I use a PK AM loop antenna with my radio, and I can pick up weak
stations just fine.