Old April 8th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default New MW QSL - CJRJ 1200

On Apr 8, 10:43 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

just like you PROVE he ever said he wanted to be a Canadian.

Here's his quote, you go look it up, you f00kin dumbass: "I kinda'
wish
had been born in
Toronto..."

You shure don't get literary devices, do you?

Toronto is one of the world's nicest cities, and Montreal is high on
my
list, too. Saying I would love to live there does not make me any more
Canadian than loving the city of light makes me want to be French.

But you didn't state that you would love to live there, CS Boy, what
you
said
was "I kinda' wish I had been BORN in Toronto..."

Now run along and obfuscate elsewhere, remittance man.

"I kinda' wish I had been born in Toronto" simply means that the city is
friendly, diverse, beautiful, a cultural center, etc. I could say the
same
thing about San Francisco, London, Paris, Madrid, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong
and another half-dozen cities in the world I love.

Since you can not change your birthplace, anyone with the ability to
think
would understand that the statement is a compliment, an expression of
admiration, and nothing more. You sure read things literally even when
there
is NO WAY to take them literally.

You sure tell different stories when the pathological need arises!

I hope you don't try to read any Joyce or Fitzgerald or similar. Subtlety,
irony, hyperbole and other literary devices certainly escape you. Your
mentality is epitomized by your recent suggestion that we bomb Iran; we
can't win a war (Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.) and you want
to start a new one. (I will admit that our invasion of Granada, population
about that of Dothan, AL, went swimmingly, though)- Hide quoted text -

And your mentality is epitomized by your obsessive trolling of a
usenet newgroup about shortwave radio. You're hardly in a position of
advantage here.

Old April 8th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 8, 10:30 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

just like you PROVE he ever said he wanted to be a Canadian.

Here's his quote, you go look it up, you f00kin dumbass: "I kinda' wish
had been born in
Toronto..."

You shure don't get literary devices, do you?

Toronto is one of the world's nicest cities, and Montreal is high on my
list, too. Saying I would love to live there does not make me any more
Canadian than loving the city of light makes me want to be French.

But you didn't state that you would love to live there, CS Boy, what you
said
was "I kinda' wish I had been BORN in Toronto..."

Now run along and obfuscate elsewhere, remittance man.

"I kinda' wish I had been born in Toronto" simply means that the city is
friendly, diverse, beautiful, a cultural center, etc.

No, his statement means he wishes he had been born in Toronto. He may
also believe that Toronto is friendly, diverse, etc., but that is
purely incidental and does nothing to change the conventional meanings
of words.

I could say the same
thing about San Francisco, London, Paris, Madrid, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong
and another half-dozen cities in the world I love.

Yes, I suppose you could, but in that case you would be saying
something other than what the earlier speaker said.

Since you can not change your birthplace, anyone with the ability to think
would understand that the statement is a compliment, an expression of
admiration, and nothing more.

You can't change your ethnicity, either.

You sure read things literally even when there
is NO WAY to take them literally.

You appear to take them figuratively because you lack the discipline
to respect their literal meanings.

Old April 8th 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

arises!

I hope you don't try to read any Joyce or Fitzgerald or similar.
Subtlety,
irony, hyperbole and other literary devices certainly escape you.
Your
mentality is epitomized by your recent suggestion that we bomb Iran;
we
can't win a war (Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.) and
you
want
to start a new one. (I will admit that our invasion of Granada,
population
about that of Dothan, AL, went swimmingly, though)

Granada?

I think the poor boy actually meant GRENADA.

It's spelled Granada in Spanish, and that is where the name came from...
Spanin.

Verified here back in 1983 as Radio Free Grenada on 15105.

Verified on 535 decades ago.

Yeah, 1983 is decades ago, much to my dismay.

You ever listen and/or DX shortwave, Dweenie?

I listened, DXed and even owned a SW station.

I was a member of NASWA for about 10 years. I seldom QSLed SW, and mostly
quit getting MW veries in the mid-70's. On SW, my main interest was Andean
low-power stations.

I believe 535 from Grenada / Granada goes back to the 70's, in fact. Maybe,
as one of the low power WIBS staitons, even earlier... but I do not have my
old WRTVH's on hand at this location.

Which fake location might that be, Dweenie?

Old April 8th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

arises!

I hope you don't try to read any Joyce or Fitzgerald or similar.
Subtlety,
irony, hyperbole and other literary devices certainly escape you. Your
mentality is epitomized by your recent suggestion that we bomb Iran; we
can't win a war (Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.) and you
want
to start a new one. (I will admit that our invasion of Granada,
population
about that of Dothan, AL, went swimmingly, though)

Granada?

I think the poor boy actually meant GRENADA.

It's spelled Granada in Spanish, and that is where the name came from...
Spanin.

I'll have to be sure to add Spanin to my target list for next season. I have yet
to get a QSL from Spanin.

Old April 8th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

Did your printing press break then?

On SW, my main interest was Andean
low-power stations.

I sure it helped being right there and all.

Old April 8th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

I was a member of NASWA for about 10 years. I seldom QSLed SW, and mostly
quit getting MW veries in the mid-70's. On SW, my main interest was
Andean
low-power stations.

I believe 535 from Grenada / Granada goes back to the 70's, in fact.
Maybe,
as one of the low power WIBS staitons, even earlier... but I do not have
my
old WRTVH's on hand at this location.

Which fake location might that be, Dweenie?

Not fake, just hot. Coachella Valley, CA.

Old April 8th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

I listened, DXed and even owned a SW station.

I was a member of NASWA for about 10 years. I seldom QSLed SW, and mostly
quit getting MW veries in the mid-70's.

Did your printing press break then?

On SW, my main interest was Andean
low-power stations.

I sure it helped being right there and all.

Nope. I became interested in the Andean stations in the 70's when I was in,
mostly, Puerto Rico. On some nights when MW DX was bad, I found interesting
things on the tropical and domestic bands from South America... also enjoyed
getting the news on Radio Quito, which was so easy on its split 4923
channel.

Old April 8th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David "I dreamt it, therefore it must be true!" Gleason wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I was a member of NASWA for about 10 years. I seldom QSLed SW, and mostly
quit getting MW veries in the mid-70's. On SW, my main interest was
Andean
low-power stations.

I believe 535 from Grenada / Granada goes back to the 70's, in fact.
Maybe,
as one of the low power WIBS staitons, even earlier... but I do not have
my
old WRTVH's on hand at this location.

Which fake location might that be, Dweenie?

Not fake, just hot.

Not fake? Damn, that must be a first for you, boy!

Coachella Valley, CA.

Sure. Well Dweenie, I recommend a double dose of your meds today.

Old April 8th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I listened, DXed and even owned a SW station.

I was a member of NASWA for about 10 years. I seldom QSLed SW, and mostly
quit getting MW veries in the mid-70's.

Did your printing press break then?

On SW, my main interest was Andean
low-power stations.

I sure it helped being right there and all.

Nope. I became interested in the Andean stations in the 70's when I was in,
mostly, Puerto Rico. On some nights when MW DX was bad, I found interesting
things on the tropical and domestic bands from South America... also enjoyed
getting the news on Radio Quito, which was so easy on its split 4923
channel.

That's real nice. But what about your printing press breaking?

Old April 8th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 8, 12:40 am, "ve3..." wrote:
On Apr 7, 9:45 pm, dxAce wrote:

My hats off to you. You're Master DX Centurion #20.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """"""""
And here we see DxEcch, holder of the prestigious Head Loser Award,
and alleged collich graduate, eagerly rushing in to add more nastiness
to a world that already has too much. The **** doesn't fall far from
the bird.

"''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''
This whole uproar started because I thought that DxEcch was dissing
Terry for his QSL report by awarding him the "Master DX Centurion
#20" award. My suspicions were increased by an inability to find any
mention of such an award in the rec.radio.shortwave files.
While DXEcch is excellent at dx'ing and QSL chasing, his human
relations skills are infantile and he resents anyone on this site who
does not constantly search for ever-weaker stations and ever-higher
QSL counts.
Along comes Terry, who dares to announce a QSL site that does not
meet his lofty specifications and is not in his league. Why not insult
him and drive him off the site?. The end result of this would be a
private website only used by about ten avid QSL-chasers and not the
1000+ current members.
Also, I feel strongly that newcomers should be helped and
encouraged - not driven away.

So, DxEcch, If this " Master DX Centurian #20" award is real,
please list the following:
!.What are the criteria for the award.
2. How many have been awarded
3. Is there a certificate or other token of the award.
4. Do those who received the award know about it
5. How is the award announced and recorded.

I note that it is Easter: not a good day for prevarication
( deceptive, ambiguous, evasive, lie) so let's hear the whole truth
and nothing but the truth today. Would prevarication on Easter Sunday
be a venal or mortal sin?

CJRJ-1200 Vancouver, BC Terry Palmersheim Shortwave 3 December 19th 06 07:53 PM
WTB: IFR 1200 [email protected] Equipment 1 March 3rd 05 01:26 AM
WTB: IFR 1200 [email protected] Swap 0 March 2nd 05 10:24 PM
I F R 1200 [email protected] Swap 0 January 24th 05 08:41 AM
WTB UT-1200 Larry KG6EG Swap 0 December 8th 04 01:50 PM