RadioBanter

-   -   (OT) English to become official language of EU (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/118648-ot-english-become-official-language-eu.html)

Hoodia Gordonii April 28th 07 02:02 PM

(OT) English to become official language of EU

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English
will be the official language of the European Union rather than German,
which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English
spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5 year phase-in
plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will
make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in
favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one
less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the
troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like
fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to
reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always
ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag
is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with
"z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining
"ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu
understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze
forst plas.

John Smith I April 28th 07 03:33 PM

(OT) English to become official language of EU

Hoodia Gordonii wrote:

[good stuff]

Although your example seems and is extreme, it is about time logic was
applied to the english language.

Each and every generation must wade though all these english rules and
"special cases."

About time changes where implemented to speed them on their way ...

Regards,
JS

Michael Black April 28th 07 03:39 PM

(OT) English to become official language of EU

Hoodia Gordonii ) writes:

It's bad enough that rec.radio.shortwave is now mostly off topic, thanks
to idiots like you who think it's okay to post off-topic junk, and
think you get "permission" by putting "ot" in the subject header.

But your an even greater idiot to cross-post this to rec.radio.amateur.misc
and rec.radio.amateur.policy

Cross-posting is bad enough in itself, there is rarely a good reason
to do so, but what you've done is pretty much pick a random topic
and cross-posted it to three newsgroups where it really has no
relevance. After all, you are saying it's off-topic.

Newsgroups don't need off topic junk. They need on topic material
in order to keep alive, and idiots like you then want to ride on
that success with your off-topic junk.

But the off-topic junk is more likely to drive away the actual contents
of the newsgroup, killing off any readership that you want to leech
on with the off-topic junk.

I've been reading and posting to this newsgroup for over a decade,
and there is ultimately less and less reason for me to even bother
to reply to a post, because there's hardly any on-topic posts, and
they are all hidden amonst your off-topic junk.

Go and find a newsgroup where this is relevant and stop cluttering
up newsgroups that are already damaged by junk.

Michael

David April 28th 07 03:51 PM

(OT) English to become official language of EU

On 28 Apr 2007 14:39:47 GMT, (Michael Black)
wrote:

Hoodia Gordonii ) writes:

[...]

Your reply is off topic as well.

AF6AY April 28th 07 05:59 PM

(OT) English to become official language of EU

On Apr 28, 6:33?am, John Smith I wrote:
Hoodia Gordonii wrote:

[good stuff]

No, and definitely NOT "original." The original has been cribbed by
dozens, rewritten for a specific subject, and tossed out as "new"
or "news" for years. Sigh...given some snazzy graphics this could
have been a "news" item for the "Onion." :-(

Although your example seems and is extreme, it is about time logic was
applied to the english language.

Each and every generation must wade though all these english rules and
"special cases."

Nonsense, JS, EVERY human language has its peculiarities, rules,
and convoluted forms. We can say, with some certainty, that:

"Mankind invented language to satisfy its need to complain." - anon.

73, Len AF6AY

John Smith I April 28th 07 08:40 PM

AF6AY wrote:

"Mankind invented language to satisfy its need to complain." - anon.

73, Len AF6AY

I believe every math/tech/logic student who has been forced to take
untold english classes and study the insignificant "rules of english"
has argued the insanity and illogic of english, well, at least those
with a respectable IQ have ... the waste of time learning phone instead
of phone, pneumonia instead of neumonia, etc ... etc ... is simply mind
numbing!

Regards,
JS

John Smith I April 28th 07 08:43 PM

(OT) English to become official language of EU

John Smith I wrote:

In the previous post, change:

.... phone instead of phone, ...

to:

.... phone instead of fone ...

My gawd, idiots who continue to do something just because it has been
done that way for eons!; and, done WRONG at that!

Regards,
JS

AF6AY April 28th 07 09:17 PM

On Apr 28, 11:43?am, John Smith I wrote:
John Smith I wrote:

In the previous post, change:

... phone instead of phone, ...

to:

... phone instead of fone ...

My gawd, idiots who continue to do something just because it has been
done that way for eons!; and, done WRONG at that!

Regards,
JS

Roger that...whatever you said...?

73, Len AF6AY

[email protected] April 29th 07 12:15 AM

(OT) English to become official language of EU

I forget when it was,but one time in America,it was put to a vote
whether America should keep the English language or adopt the German
language.The English language won by one vote.And I am glad it did.
cuhulin

John Smith I April 29th 07 01:12 AM

AF6AY wrote:

Roger that...whatever you said...?

73, Len AF6AY

LOL!

Just can't shake 'ya today, can I?

Darn, where is Mark when 'ya need him? ;-)

Regards,
JS

John Smith I April 29th 07 01:12 AM

(OT) English to become official language of EU

deltaex wrote:

"Where" or "were"?

You get an "F" for English, and an "A" for making an ass of yourself.

IDIOT!

PLONKERS!

JS

[email protected] April 29th 07 01:20 AM

(OT) English to become official language of EU

Hoodia,you took the words right out of my mouth.

Canadians should start looking in their own back yards before they go
gripeing about anybody else.I vote we fold down our U.S.Military
umbrella from over Canada and watch them Squirm.
cuhulin

[email protected] April 29th 07 02:07 AM

On Apr 28, 11:46?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

I forget when it was,but one time in America,it was put to a vote
whether America should keep the English language or adopt the German
language.The English language won by one vote.And I am glad it did.
cuhulin

Urban legend.

"U.S. automakers not jumping into HD Radio"

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv...7?pageNumber=1

"Bridge Ratings: Sweat the cell phone and don't count on HD"

"In other words, Bridge says interest in HD radio is decreasing even
as your station works hard to increase awareness. What can I possibly
add to this honest and bleak picture that I haven't said before? My
well-intended warnings about HD's "premature death" seem to be rearing
their ugly heads almost two years later."

http://www.hear2.com/2007/04/bridge_....html#comments

HD Radio - Urban legend.

a_bold_fiend April 29th 07 04:01 AM

"John Smith I" wrote in message
AF6AY wrote:

Roger that...whatever you said...?

73, Len AF6AY

LOL!

Just can't shake 'ya today, can I?

Darn, where is Mark when 'ya need him? ;-)

Regards,
JS

Heck. Mark has been writing like that for decades. He even said,
"I realy don't write that badly I do write in ore european mode [sic]"

So, what you call laziness, Mark calls economy of effort. Maybe he is simply
ahead of his time.

Or stupid.

[email protected] April 29th 07 04:12 AM

(OT) English to become official language of EU

At that rate,he will be a Five Star General.

About that one vote English language/German language thingy.I looked it
up.If I was mistaken,that Pounds bathroom reader book I read it in a
bunch of years ago was mistaken too.So we was both mistaken.That's the
last time I will read a Pounds bathroom reader book while I am sitting
on the pot! Even Popular Science and Popular Mechanics and the Clarion
(Liar) Ledger news paper lie sometimes.
cuhulin

N9NEO April 29th 07 05:38 AM

On Apr 28, 7:15 pm, wrote:
I forget when it was,but one time in America,it was put to a vote
whether America should keep the English language or adopt the German
language.The English language won by one vote.And I am glad it did.
cuhulin

Me too cause I have no idea how to speak german
NEO

David Eduardo April 29th 07 07:05 AM

wrote in message
At that rate,he will be a Five Star General.

About that one vote English language/German language thingy.I looked it
up.If I was mistaken,that Pounds bathroom reader book I read it in a
bunch of years ago was mistaken too.So we was both mistaken.That's the
last time I will read a Pounds bathroom reader book while I am sitting
on the pot! cuhulin

I think I have this straight now. You are saying that you pound while you
are on the pot?

[email protected] April 29th 07 07:32 AM

(OT) English to become official language of EU

I am taking that Gold Star back! Now,Drop and gimme Fifty!
cuhulin

RHF April 29th 07 10:13 AM

On Apr 28, 6:02 am, Hoodia Gordonii wrote:
[...]

But within a Hundred Years everyone who lives in
the EU will have to Pray 5-Times a Day in Arabic.

it's a vision thing ~ RHF

RHF April 29th 07 11:59 AM

(OT) : English Will -NOT- Become The Official Language of the USofA

On Apr 29, 3:46 am, RHF wrote:
On Apr 28, 4:15 pm, wrote:

I forget when it was,but one time in America,it was put to a vote
whether America should keep the English language or adopt the German
language.The English language won by one vote.And I am glad it did.
cuhulin

Cuhulin,

The Legendary English-Only Vote of 1795
-by- Dennis Barronhttp://www.watzmann.net/scg/german-by-one-vote.html

German-American Language Myths :
German as the Official Language of the UShttp://csumc.wisc.edu:16080/AmericanLanguages/writings/2_myths_offici...

Germans in America German Language in the U.S.http://usa.usembassy.de/germanamericans-language.htm

HOWEVER - Just may be we could all be saying . . .
Ich verspreche Untertanentreue zur Markierungsfahne
der Staaten von Amerika und zur Republik,
für die sie steht: eine Nation unter dem Gott,
unteilbar, mit Freiheit und Gerechtigkeit für alle.
-note- a "Sieg Heil" would be optional.

Then again some public schools may now
be saying the 'pledge' :
Prometo lealtad a la Bandera de los Estados Unidos
de América, y a la República para la cual está parada:
un Nación debajo del Dios, Indivisible, con Libertad y
Justicia para Todos.
-note- an "Arriba" would be optional.

As for Me - I Say :
"I Pledge Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God,
Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All."
-note- And I Always Say "Amen" at the end.

FWIW -IMHO- The Pledge of Allegiance is not about
"The Flag" : The Pledge of Allegiance is about Each
and Every American Citizen AFFIRMING Their Personal
COMMITMENT to America and It's Goals and Ideals;
and Giving Thanks to God for America and Being an
American. Can I Get An Amen To That ! ? ! ~ RHF

Pledge of Allegiance {to the United States of America}http://en.wikipedia..org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance
One Nation Under God !

History of the U.S. Pledge of Allegiancehttp://www.undergodprocon.org/pop/PledgeHistory.htm

The Bellamy Salute is the Hand-Arm Gesturehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellamy_salute
That was described by Francis Bellamy to accompany
his Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of the United States.
During the period when it was used with the Pledge of
Allegiance, it was sometimes known as the "Flag Salute."
It was first demonstrated on October 12, 1892 according
to Bellamy's published instructions for the "National
School Celebration of Columbus Day":

i predict that english will never be . . .
the official language of the usa ~ RHF
.
.
. .

-
- FWIW -IMHO- The Pledge of Allegiance is not about
- "The Flag" : The Pledge of Allegiance is about Each
- and Every American Citizen AFFIRMING Their Personal
- COMMITMENT to America and It's Goals and Ideals;
- and Giving Thanks to God for America and Being an
- American. Can I Get An Amen To That ! ? ! ~ RHF

IMHO - Every School Day should also include the
"American's Creed" to Build "The Spirit of American"
into the Very Being of Each and Every American Child.

THE AMERICAN'S CREED
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American%27s_Creed
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government
of the People, by the People, for the People; whose Just
Powers are Derived from the Consent of the Governed;
A Democracy in a Republic, a Sovereign Nation of many
Sovereign States; a Perfect Union, One and Inseparable;
Established upon those Principles of Freedom, Equality,
Justice, and Humanity for which American Patriots
Sacrificed their Lives and Fortunes.
I therefore Believe it is My Duty to My Country :
* To Love IT;
* To Support its Constitution;
* To Obey Its Laws;
* To Respect Its Flag; -and-
* To Defend It Against All Enemies. {Foreign and Domestic}

God {Allah} Bless America and All Americans
- - - amen, Amen and AMEN ! ~ RHF
.
.
.. .

RHF April 29th 07 01:52 PM

(OT) : The Islamization of Europe -and- The EU Caliphate

On Apr 29, 2:13 am, RHF wrote:
[...]

The EU Caliphate -is- one possible future for Europe as
the the Islamization of Europe continues into the future.
EU CALIPHATE = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliphate
EU ISLAMISATION = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamisation

Remember the Muslims Ruled "Al-Andalus"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Andalus
* Map - Al-Andalus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Al_Andalus.gif
Spain {The Iberian Peninsula} } for 700 Years . . .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Spain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iberian_Peninsula
* Map - The Age of Caliphs {Caliphate}
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Age_of_Caliphs.png

Bonus - The Muslims made it half-way through France
before they were stopped at the Battle of Tours in 732.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tours
MAP = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Tours_dot.png

one again - it's a vision thing ~ RHF

[email protected] April 29th 07 03:00 PM

(OT) : English Will -NOT- Become The Official Language of theU...

Now I think I remember,Poundstone,,, Poundstone Bathroom Reader Books.
www.devilfinder.com them,if you want to.I have two or three of those
books around here somewhere.(I am not neat and tidy,it would take me all
day to find those books) That married Irish woman wayyyy over yonder
across the big pond in England once told me she knows five languages.I
know a few words Gaelic and Italian and German language and more than a
few words of the Vietnamese language.Most of the Vietnamse words I
know,I naturally picked them up by rote when I was over there.I think it
is true if you live in a foreign country long enough,it is much easier
to learn the language they speak.
It is Official,I live in America and I speak the American style of the
English Language,,,,, with my Mississippi Southern Drawl.
cuhulin

Michael Black April 29th 07 03:05 PM

(OT) : The Islamization of Europe -and- The EU Caliphate

RHF ) writes:

Hey bozo, if you can't control yourself within rec.radio.shortwave,
at least don't let it flood out into other groups where it doesn't
belong either.

Michael

RHF April 29th 07 05:39 PM

On Apr 29, 7:05 am, (Michael Black) wrote:
RHF ) writes:

Hey bozo, if you can't control yourself within rec.radio.shortwave,
at least don't let it flood out into other groups where it doesn't
belong either.

Michael

MB,

My Bad - I will have to double check the NewsGroups
Distribution next time - Before I Post a Reply.

but i shall reply -for- i am forever a bozo ~ RHF

m II April 29th 07 06:04 PM

(OT) English to become official language of EU

Not Roger wrote:

Islam is NOT a religion of peace. It is a religion of violence, vengeance,
and wanton slaughter.

So, they're as bad as the zionist Christians? They can't be. The body
count production is vastly in favour of the followers of the 'Prince of
Peace'.

mike

m II April 29th 07 06:26 PM

dxAcehole wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

I think I have this straight now.

Straight? You'll never be straight.

That would explain why you are so attracted to him, Bozo.

mike

dxAce April 29th 07 06:36 PM

I'm a dumbass II wrote:

dxAcehole wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

I think I have this straight now.

Straight? You'll never be straight.

That would explain why you are so attracted to him, Bozo.

You're hallucinating again, 'tard boy.

m II April 29th 07 06:41 PM

dxAce wrote:

I'm a dumbass II wrote:

dxAcehole wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:
I think I have this straight now.
Straight? You'll never be straight.

That would explain why you are so attracted to him, Bozo.

You're hallucinating again, 'tard boy.

Yes, the large shipment of LSD you sent is excellent. I see your drug
and gun running helps to pad the old 'pension' plan quite nicely. Will
you still be supplying tax free alcohol next month?

mike

dxAce April 29th 07 06:47 PM

I'm a dumbass II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

I'm a dumbass II wrote:

dxAcehole wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:
I think I have this straight now.
Straight? You'll never be straight.

That would explain why you are so attracted to him, Bozo.

You're hallucinating again, 'tard boy.

Yes, the large shipment of LSD you sent is excellent. I see your drug
and gun running helps to pad the old 'pension' plan quite nicely. Will
you still be supplying tax free alcohol next month?

As I just stated, you're hallucinating again, 'tard boy.

David Eduardo April 29th 07 10:14 PM

"dalaph" anon@anonn wrote in message ...

"m II" wrote in message news:xe4Zh.12424$JF6.54@edtnps90...
Not Roger wrote:

Islam is NOT a religion of peace. It is a religion of violence,

vengeance,
and wanton slaughter.

So, they're as bad as the zionist Christians? They can't be. The body
count production is vastly in favour of the followers of the 'Prince of
Peace'.

mike

All I need to know about Islam, I learned on Sept 11th, 2001.
And when Christians start televising beheadings on the internet, then you
can cast stones.

Torquemada did not have a TV station....

[email protected] April 29th 07 10:38 PM

(OT) English to become official language of EU

Fox tv talking heads news,,, Bay area freeway collaspses after tanker
fire melts road.Four people shot at a Kansas City mall.Lardboy Edweenie
and m II off their meds.
Just another normal day.
cuhulin

[email protected] April 29th 07 10:53 PM

(OT) English to become official language of EU

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 14:52:18 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

I'm a ****head II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

wrote in message
I forget when it was,but one time in America,it was put to a vote
whether America should keep the English language or adopt the German
language.The English language won by one vote.And I am glad it did.
cuhulin

Urban legend.

Fake Hispanic.

Fake Miami Indian.

Hardly.

One thing is certain however, you are a dumbass Canuck!

And he is getting dumber by the post!

[email protected] April 29th 07 10:54 PM

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 18:04:37 GMT, m II wrote:

dxAcehole wrote:

dxAcehole wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:
I think I have this straight now.
Straight? You'll never be straight.
That would explain why you are so attracted to him, Bozo.
You're hallucinating again, 'tard boy.
Yes, the large shipment of LSD you sent is excellent. I see your drug
and gun running helps to pad the old 'pension' plan quite nicely. Will
you still be supplying tax free alcohol next month?
As I just stated, you're hallucinating again, 'tard boy.
And as *I* have just stated Yes, the large shipment of LSD you sent is
excellent. Please try to pay attention here. Payment will follow as usual.

Once again, you're merely hallucinating. Try to get in line tomorrow at Health
CanaDuh.

Not 'merely' hallucinating. This is the best crap you've ever sent. I
thought you were lying when you said you had access to the psychotropic
drug stash in Guantanamo. I'm sorry for having doubted you.

Keep the flow coming.

mike

You sure you aren't getting it from your mom?

dxAce April 30th 07 12:44 AM

wrote:

I'm a ****head II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:

wrote in message
I forget when it was,but one time in America,it was put to a vote
whether America should keep the English language or adopt the German
language.The English language won by one vote.And I am glad it did.
cuhulin

Urban legend.

Fake Hispanic.

Fake Miami Indian.

Hardly.

One thing is certain however, you are a dumbass Canuck!

And he is getting dumber by the post!

He and Edweena are running neck and neck!

[email protected] April 30th 07 01:50 AM

(OT) English to become official language of EU

Edweena? Isn't that sort of a girls name?
Good One!
cuhulin

[email protected] April 30th 07 04:10 AM

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 19:50:43 -0500, wrote:

Edweena? Isn't that sort of a girls name?
Good One!
cuhulin

mII is a girl, right?

[email protected] April 30th 07 05:13 AM

(OT) English to become official language of EU

mll definetly sounds like a girls name,mll,short for Millie.Edna is a
girls name.When I was in the eight grade at school,there was a guy from
New Jersey in the same class I was in.His sister's name is Edna.Not sure
how to spell his last name,I think it's something like Treutline.
cuhulin

RHF April 30th 07 08:13 AM

Spain {The Iberian Peninsula} } for 700 Years . . .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_...rian_Peninsula
* Map - The Age of Caliphs {Caliphate}http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Age_of_Caliphs.png

Bonus - The Muslims made it half-way through France
before they were stopped at the Battle of Tours in 732.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tours
MAP =http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Tours_dot.png

one again - it's a vision thing ~ RHF
.
.

The Chernobylization of France and the EU by the
Islam-O-Terrorist.

The Islamization of Europe starts with Destruction of
France's Nuclear Power Plants and rendering France
a Radioactivity Wasteland.
http://www.icjt.org/an/tech/jesvet/evropa_an.gif
This is followed by the same type of events in Germany,
Belgium, Netherlands and Switzerland. Once the Center
{Core} of the EU is contaminated and the European
Union's Economy is Destroyed : The Reconquest of
Europe will start through Aid, Treaty, Migration and War.

it's a vision thing ~ RHF

Brenda Ann April 30th 07 08:35 AM

Not Roger wrote:

Islam is NOT a religion of peace. It is a religion of violence,

vengeance,
and wanton slaughter.

So, they're as bad as the zionist Christians? They can't be. The body
count production is vastly in favour of the followers of the 'Prince of
Peace'.

mike

All I need to know about Islam, I learned on Sept 11th, 2001.
And when Christians start televising beheadings on the internet, then you
can cast stones.

They don't televise abortion clinic bombings or cross burnings. They didn't
have television during the Crusades or the witch trials. Not excusing either
party's actions, only pointing up facts.