RadioBanter

-   -   Canada hahaha! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/118936-canada-hahaha.html)

Tommy Tootles June 2nd 07 02:33 PM

(OT) : The Canadian National Psychosis - American Envy !

wrote:
350 jobs planned for hard-hit West Point.
www.clarionledger.com
(Business section) West Point,Mississippi.
www.internationaldelivers.com Those Armored vehicles will save some
lives.

About time!

At the recent West Point graduation ceremony, Shotgun Cheney promised
the graduates that the Army will have all the manpower, *equipment* and
support it needs.

So, does that mean that our guys don't have to scour the Baghdad junk
yards for sheet steel to weld on to make their own Humvee armor and have
their parents mail them good body armor and other equipment Cheapskate
Cheney wouldn't issue to them?

[email protected] June 2nd 07 03:43 PM

(OT) : The Canadian National Psychosis - American Envy !

Machines wear out,especially War Machines in War time and they wear out
much faster,they have to be replaced from time to time with new
Machines.
As far as I think I know,there are three West Points in America.New
York,Mississippi,and Utah.
cuhulin

[email protected] June 2nd 07 04:09 PM

(OT) : The Canadian National Psychosis - American Envy !

www.devilfinder.com Manufacturing in World War Two

A lot of those factories switched over to manufacturing things for the
War effort.A lot of those factories don't exist anymore.A lot of those
factories have moved to Asia and Mexico.
cuhulin

[email protected] June 3rd 07 08:40 PM

(OT) : Oh Canada - You've Got Rain Forests !

On Jun 2, 4:50 am, RHF wrote:
On Jun 1, 8:17 am, wrote:

On May 15, 2:43 am, Eric F. Richards wrote:

- - - snipe - - -
Unfortunately, it's true we resemble Americans too much; Canadians are
indeed a nation of polluters and fatty mcbutterpants but I for one am
not cheering. As regards beaches and beachside homes, some of the
ugliest developments I have ever seen are in Florida.

- Just heard Cohen on the CBC talking
- a little too rapidly for his own good.
- I distinctly heard him say that we Canadians
- are not "crawling around a rain forest".
- Who is?

BarkerPL - Oh Contraire !

Good News Canada !
Canada's British Columbia - Holds fully a Quarter (1/4th)
of All the World's remaining Tracts of Temperate Rain Forest.http://www.rainforestweb.org/Rainfor...nd_Central_Ame...
It is a mist-shrouded land of rugged fjords, storm-battered islands
and magnificent valleys lined with cathedral forests of cedar,
hemlock, spruces and firs.
.
Canadian National News !
Why even the good Canadian Folks at the CBC know thathttp://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2006/02/07/bc_rainfor...
Premier Gordon Campbell has unveiled an agreement to preserve 1.8
million hectares of land along B.C.'s Central and North Coast,
including one of the largest intact Temperate Rain Forests in the
World.
.
Canadian International News !
Also Radio Canada International (RCI) is telling the World
"CANADIAN RAIN FOREST THREATENED AGAIN"http://www.rcinet.ca/rci/en/emissions/archives/archivesDetails_1439_0...
On Canada's West Coast a Rare Rain Forest . . .
.
see americans can be nice to canadians -cause-
to a great extent 'they' are very much like us ~ RHF
.
.
. .

There are indeed rain forests in Canada. I should have meade my point
of contention a little clearer. Would you like it if someone described
you "crawling around" these forests in a quadripedal fashion? That
would be a tad offensive, no?

[email protected] June 3rd 07 09:35 PM

(OT) : Oh Canada - You've Got Rain Forests !

I knew there are a lot of forest in Canada and some parts of Canada does
get a lot of rain,Vancouver and out that way,I think.But I never thought
of them as being Rain Forest.Usually,I think of Rain Forest as being in
Asia and South America.
Mississippi has more Forest than any other U.S.State.
www.devilfinder.com Mississippi Trivia
cuhulin

Cato June 4th 07 03:46 AM

On Jun 3, 12:40 pm, wrote:
On Jun 2, 4:50 am, RHF wrote:

On Jun 1, 8:17 am, wrote:

[...]

would be a tad offensive, no?- Hide quoted text -

Rainforest in Canada and Alaska.

A number of years ago I travelled out west in my VW Beetle for a
month and a half, with a buddy to look for work. The rainforest in
British Columbia and up into the Alaska Panhandle is beautiful, and
lush with thick green growth and huge trees, and much wildlife. A
great natural wilderness. Heaven on Earth. All the lush green growth
and huge trees just makes everything look so much alive. Like no where
else I've ever seen in Canada.
When I was in Prince Rupert B.C. on the coast near the Alaska
border, I bet I only saw the sun for about a half hour in the two
weeks I was there. Quite often it rained, but not a real heavy rain,
more like a misty drizzle. Clouds often hid much of the mountains. and
the humidity was always high. Lots of thick rainforest wilderness all
around for hundreds of miles up and down the coast and surrounding
islands. It was very beautiful, clean, and lots of fresh air. Not like
the city I live in near Niagara Falls.

There are actually a few different types of rainforest in the
world. But they can be grouped into two major types. Tropical
Rainforest, and Temperate Rainforest. Tropical Rainforest is the type
that most people are familiar with. Temperate Rainforest is not so
well known, because, I will guess, there is not as much of it. Much of
the world's Temperate Rainforest is on the west coast of Canada, and
extends up into the Alaska Panhandle. Temperate Rainforest might also
be found on the coast of the State of Washington, and on the Olympic
Peninsula of the State of Washington. I'm not sure, but I bet someone
on this list can tell us for sure. Temperate Rainforests, like
Tropical Rainforests, receive abundant, year-round rainfall, and are
characterized by an enclosed canopy and high species diversity, but
lack the year-round warmth and sunlight associated with Tropical
Rainforests. The huge amounts of rainfall for the Temperate Rainforest
out west is caused by the almost constant flow of moist air coming in
off the Pacific Ocean, and then dumping all the moisture as rain or
misty drizzle when the air mass start to rise in the coastal
mountains.
At least that's my guess. Whatever the case, I love that type of
forest.
Cato

Cato June 4th 07 04:32 AM

On Jun 3, 1:35 pm, wrote:
I knew there are a lot of forest in Canada and some parts of Canada does
get a lot of rain,Vancouver and out that way,I think.But I never thought
of them as being Rain Forest.Usually,I think of Rain Forest as being in
Asia and South America.
Mississippi has more Forest than any other U.S.State.www.devilfinder.com Mississippi Trivia
cuhulin

Wikipedia has a good article on Temperate Rainforest, and yes, the
Northwest States of Washington, Oregon, and northern California, also
have Temperate Rainforest. It stretches all the way from northern
California all the way north through Oregon, Washington, British
Columbia to Kodiak Island in Alaska.

There arer other areas in the world that have Temperate Rainforest
too. But in some places that used to have a lot, it is almost all
gone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperate_rain_forest
click on the pics to expand them. Some good pics there. Lots of green.
Cato

RHF June 4th 07 05:15 AM

On Jun 3, 8:32 pm, Cato wrote:
On Jun 3, 1:35 pm, wrote:

[...]

EUREKA - I am in a Rain Forrest ! ~ RHF
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_(word)
.. . . and It Is {Eureka, CA - That Is :o}
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka%2C_CA
- - - I Ar Ca Ta {CA} You Not !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcata,_California
= = = being ever so Humboldt current-ly
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humboldt_Current
* * * i county that you not bay at me
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humbold...%2C_California
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humbold...ited_States%29

RHF June 4th 07 05:18 AM

On Jun 3, 12:40 pm, wrote:
On Jun 2, 4:50 am, RHF wrote:

On Jun 1, 8:17 am, wrote:

[...]

It OK - After all I t-y-p-e with two fingers ~ RHF