Old May 15th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Kaito 1107 Analog Receiver.

I ordered one from "Radios4You" last week, it arrived today. It's not bad,
not bad at all. I hooked up the Kaito Window Loop antenna to it, and the
receive is stong and sensitive. I'll be able to tell more about it tonight.

I still like a small analog radio and just going slowly up and down the
bands.
I have the Tecsun R-9700DX and the old Radio Shack DX-397. The 397 is
sensitive but not accurate at all, but the 9700 DX is very accurate for a
radio in that price range. I like the layout of the 1107. Tuning and band
selector are on the side, but the volume is on the front, with the controls
for the light, clock, a 3 position sensitivity switch, and the tone control.
Nice little radio, for a very good price. Looks like fun to me.

Old May 26th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 15 May 2007 15:00:54 -0400, "swl-2010"
wrote:

I ordered one from "Radios4You" last week, it arrived today. It's not bad,
not bad at all. I hooked up the Kaito Window Loop antenna to it, and the
receive is stong and sensitive. I'll be able to tell more about it tonight.

I still like a small analog radio and just going slowly up and down the
bands.
I have the Tecsun R-9700DX and the old Radio Shack DX-397. The 397 is
sensitive but not accurate at all, but the 9700 DX is very accurate for a
radio in that price range. I like the layout of the 1107. Tuning and band
selector are on the side, but the volume is on the front, with the controls
for the light, clock, a 3 position sensitivity switch, and the tone control.
Nice little radio, for a very good price. Looks like fun to me.

I got the 1107- it's a great little radio and has quite excellent
sound coming through the front speaker. It's a nice change up from
digital push buttons. It's not as sensitive as the 1102 or the 1102,
but it does sound a hell of a lot better.