Old May 20th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Differences Between Two of the Same Radio

On May 20, 2:52 am, Cato wrote:
Here's a question that I have often wondered about....

Let's say you have two of the same radio model... two Sony
7600GRs, two Kaito KA1102s, Eton E5s, Icoms, Kenwoods, etc. or
whatever...

How likely is it that they will both have the very same
sensitivity, selectivity, scanning sensitivity, (both stopping on the
same stations during a scan etc.) etc.??

Or will one of the two always be a bit better then the other? Both
a bit different??

Cato

Dear Cato,

I own two samples of the Sony ICF-SW7600G (these are currently not in
use) and five samples of the ICF-SW7600GR (which are all in current
use). In addition, I own five samples of the AN-LP1 antenna, all in
current use. I use this antenna almost exclusively in conjunction with
my Sony radios, rarely, with these radios, using the whip or any other
antenna.

All of the above items are made in Japan.

All (including the 'G models) perform identically. All are totally
interchangeable and I can see absolutely no performance differences
whatsoever. (The features offered on the 'GR model are superior, hence
the "retirement" of the 'G models.)

My radios were purchased over several years - the first 'GR in 2001,
two more in 2002, and the final two in 2005. (The 'G models were
purchased in 1998 and 2000.) The AN-LP1s were also bought over a
period of several years.

I am very impressed with the very high quality of Sony's construction
(and performance) with regard to this radio.

(I might also mention also that I own two samples of the Sony ICF-SW35
which we keep in each of our cars. Though made in China, their
construction and consistency of performance is also exemplary but
please note that the two were bought together and their serial numbers
are only 2 numbers apart.)

This represents my personal experience. I own other shortwave radios
but only one sample of each.

Best,

Joe

Differences Between Two of the Same Radio BDK[_2_] Shortwave 0 May 20th 07 09:33 AM
Heath SB-101 and 102 differences? John Crane Equipment 2 December 7th 06 05:47 AM
what are the differences between RRS and the old CB radio days? the captain Shortwave 9 April 1st 04 06:05 AM
AX.25 version differences Ian Digital 2 October 21st 03 04:42 AM
new scanner differences? Zerotwist Scanner 0 July 3rd 03 02:10 AM