Old May 21st 07, 12:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default pocket radio

On May 20, 1:55 pm, N9NEO wrote:
I need pocket radio for AM/FM for the 10 minute bicycle ride into
work. Only has to do the two bands aND FIT INTO My shirt pocket. I
would like digital and lock button,

I am thinking grundig miniworld 100pe or similar radio. Grundig has
mixed reviews so I am asking for opinions.

regards,

NEO

Grundig Mini 300PE only gets 1 / 5/8 stars in passport;
review is pretty bad

Old May 21st 07, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
IR IR is offline

N9NEO wrote:
I need pocket radio for AM/FM for the 10 minute bicycle ride into
work. Only has to do the two bands aND FIT INTO My shirt pocket. I
would like digital and lock button,

I am thinking grundig miniworld 100pe or similar radio. Grundig has
mixed reviews so I am asking for opinions.

regards,

NEO

100pe is hard to tune, esp on bike. Have had some good rides
listening to sw, but I think the bad reviews of the am section
are correct. It's not digital either.
Old May 21st 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Not bad for the price, but the downsides include a tiny analog dial
and AM coverage that only goes to 1650khz on the test model. Digital
tuning with a tuning lock would be far more useful for the purpose
described by the original poster.

NEO

For just AM/FM, I would highly-recommend the Sony ICFS10MK2 - it is
handsome, rugged, and a great DX'er:

http://www.radiointel.com/review-sonys10mk2.htm

It can be had off SonyStyle.com, J&Rmusic.com, or Amazon.com for about
$10, including shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...0S7XK/ref=cm_c...

Most consumers gave it great reviews on Amazon.

Old May 22nd 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thanks for all replies. I'm thinking of the Sangean DT200VX or the
Sangean DT 120. Thanks Ron & Harvey for the suggestions. I like the
idea of TV reception sometimes so maybe the DT200 will win. The DT120
looks like a nice unit too so who knows maybe both if I run into some
money. I've been using the DE1107 to travel but without winter coat
with big pockets it just doesn't work out on the bike.

regards,
NEO

Old May 23rd 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 20, 10:40�pm, wrote:
On May 20, 1:55 pm, N9NEO wrote:

I need pocket radio for AM/FM for the 10 minute bicycle ride into
work. *Only has to do the two bands aND FIT INTO My shirt pocket. *I
would like digital and lock button,

I am thinking grundig miniworld 100pe or similar radio. *Grundig has
mixed reviews so I am asking for opinions.

regards,

NEO

NEO,

Check out the Sangean DT 120 AM / FM Pocket radio

http://www.123radios.com/BuyItNow.asp?PID=1114

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...alty/1048.html

fantastic little set, This is the One to get . .

~H~

It's too expensive, plus it's ugly - I could get 4 Sony ICF-S10MK2
radios for the price of one Sangean DT 120.

Old May 23rd 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 21, 12:39�pm, Roadie wrote:
Not bad for the price, but the downsides include a tiny analog dial
and AM coverage that only goes to 1650khz on the test model. * Digital
tuning with a tuning lock would be far more useful for the purpose
described by the original poster.

NEO

For just AM/FM, I would highly-recommend the Sony ICFS10MK2 - it is
handsome, rugged, and a great DX'er:

http://www.radiointel.com/review-sonys10mk2.htm

It can be had off SonyStyle.com, J&Rmusic.com, or Amazon.com for about
$10, including shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...0S7XK/ref=cm_c....

Most consumers gave it great reviews on Amazon.- Hide quoted text -

Digital tuners suck - analog tuners are boss !

Old May 23rd 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 22, 3:48 am, RHF wrote:
On May 20, 10:55 am, N9NEO wrote:

I need pocket radio for AM/FM for the 10 minute bicycle ride into
work. Only has to do the two bands aND FIT INTO My shirt pocket. I
would like digital and lock button,

I am thinking grundig miniworld 100pe or similar radio. Grundig has
mixed reviews so I am asking for opinions.

regards,

NEO

N9NEO,

Sorry i do not like the Idea of Headphones and Bike
Riding unless it is a Stationary Bike in the Gym.

Any AM/FM Radio {Analog or Digital} that you can
attach to the Handle Bars and Hear via a Speaker
while Riding will do.

RadioShack has a few . . .http://www.radioshack.com/family/ind...115&cp=2032054

The Sony ICFS10MK2 will work OK on the Bike's
Handle Bars -and- the Sangean DT200VX with fit
nicely into a Buttoned Shirt Pocket while you Ride
to Work. Be Smart - Be Alert - Ride Safely~ RHF
.
.
. .

Went for the DT200VX that Ron Recommends. Seems to have just what I
need.

Regards to all hands
NEO

The DE108 pocket SW radio switcher Shortwave 2 August 16th 06 02:18 AM
One Perfect Pocket Radio? Bob Shortwave 31 August 19th 05 06:27 PM
NEW COBY Pocket Radio Shortwave 3 May 1st 05 12:44 AM
FA - Valiant pocket radio NEW IN BOX!!! $10. N/R Barry Harper Swap 0 November 14th 04 12:49 PM
Pocket Shortwave Radio Diverd4777 Shortwave 2 April 20th 04 02:15 PM