Old May 20th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default pocket radio

I need pocket radio for AM/FM for the 10 minute bicycle ride into
work. Only has to do the two bands aND FIT INTO My shirt pocket. I
would like digital and lock button,

I am thinking grundig miniworld 100pe or similar radio. Grundig has
mixed reviews so I am asking for opinions.

regards,

NEO

Old May 20th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 20, 4:55�pm, N9NEO wrote:
I need pocket radio for AM/FM for the 10 minute bicycle ride into
work. *Only has to do the two bands aND FIT INTO My shirt pocket. *I
would like digital and lock button,

I am thinking grundig miniworld 100pe or similar radio. *Grundig has
mixed reviews so I am asking for opinions.

regards,

NEO

For just AM/FM, I would highly-recommend the Sony ICFS10MK2 - it is
handsome, rugged, and a great DX'er:

http://www.radiointel.com/review-sonys10mk2.htm

It can be had off SonyStyle.com, J&Rmusic.com, or Amazon.com for about
$10, including shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...tomerRev iews

Most consumers gave it great reviews on Amazon.

Old May 21st 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 20, 9:17?pm, "Paul Zak" wrote:
try the Grundig Mini 300 PE

wrote in message

ups.com...
On May 20, 4:55?pm, N9NEO wrote:

I need pocket radio for AM/FM for the 10 minute bicycle ride into
work. Only has to do the two bands aND FIT INTO My shirt pocket. I
would like digital and lock button,

I am thinking grundig miniworld 100pe or similar radio. Grundig has
mixed reviews so I am asking for opinions.

regards,

NEO

For just AM/FM, I would highly-recommend the Sony ICFS10MK2 - it is
handsome, rugged, and a great DX'er:

http://www.radiointel.com/review-sonys10mk2.htm

It can be had off SonyStyle.com, J&Rmusic.com, or Amazon.com for about
$10, including shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...0S7XK/ref=cm_c...

Most consumers gave it great reviews on Amazon.

All of the digital AM/FM radios are ugly - plus, the Sony ICF-S10MK2
is analog-tuned an narrowed filtered, so it blocks out some of the
IBOC/IBLOC/IBUZZ on AM. My $25 cheap digital PLL radio is too wide
filtered and picks up too much IBOC/IBLOC/IBUZZ. With nighttime IBOC/
IBLOC/IBUZZ coming, I wouldn't spend too much on a radio, until the
affects of skywave IBOC/IBLOC/IBUZZ are known.

Old May 21st 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 20, 9:17?pm, "Paul Zak" wrote:
try the Grundig Mini 300 PE

wrote in message

ups.com...
On May 20, 4:55?pm, N9NEO wrote:

I need pocket radio for AM/FM for the 10 minute bicycle ride into
work. Only has to do the two bands aND FIT INTO My shirt pocket. I
would like digital and lock button,

I am thinking grundig miniworld 100pe or similar radio. Grundig has
mixed reviews so I am asking for opinions.

regards,

NEO

For just AM/FM, I would highly-recommend the Sony ICFS10MK2 - it is
handsome, rugged, and a great DX'er:

http://www.radiointel.com/review-sonys10mk2.htm

It can be had off SonyStyle.com, J&Rmusic.com, or Amazon.com for about
$10, including shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...0S7XK/ref=cm_c...

Most consumers gave it great reviews on Amazon.

The Grundig Mini 300 PE sucks on AM:

"This is poorer AM performance than a '60s shirt pocket six transistor
radio."

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4761

Old May 21st 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Not bad for the price, but the downsides include a tiny analog dial
and AM coverage that only goes to 1650khz on the test model. Digital
tuning with a tuning lock would be far more useful for the purpose
described by the original poster.

Old May 23rd 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 21, 12:39�pm, Roadie wrote:
Not bad for the price, but the downsides include a tiny analog dial
and AM coverage that only goes to 1650khz on the test model. * Digital
tuning with a tuning lock would be far more useful for the purpose
described by the original poster.

NEO

For just AM/FM, I would highly-recommend the Sony ICFS10MK2 - it is
handsome, rugged, and a great DX'er:

http://www.radiointel.com/review-sonys10mk2.htm

It can be had off SonyStyle.com, J&Rmusic.com, or Amazon.com for about
$10, including shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...0S7XK/ref=cm_c....

Most consumers gave it great reviews on Amazon.- Hide quoted text -

Digital tuners suck - analog tuners are boss !

Old May 20th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I've been using the Sangean DT200V for years. Very sensitive on AM.

They tend to break after a couple years and you have to replace it.
I'm on my 3rd one. Switches cease to function. But I really give
them heavy use.
--
Ron Hardin

Old May 20th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 20, 7:03�pm, Ron Hardin wrote:
I've been using the Sangean DT200V for years. *Very sensitive on AM.

They tend to break after a couple years and you have to replace it.
I'm on my 3rd one. *Switches cease to function. * But I really give
them heavy use.
--
Ron Hardin

Yea, I had one that gave out, but they are only $10 - I bought a
handful, so I would always have a newer one to listen to, and have
plenty of backups.

Old May 20th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
MRe MRe is offline

"N9NEO" schreef in bericht
ups.com...
I need pocket radio for AM/FM for the 10 minute bicycle ride into
work. Only has to do the two bands aND FIT INTO My shirt pocket. I
would like digital and lock button,

I am thinking grundig miniworld 100pe or similar radio. Grundig has
mixed reviews so I am asking for opinions.

http://www.fixup.net/tips/pktradio/pktradio.htm
Somewhat outdated, but try the Forum

MRe

The DE108 pocket SW radio switcher Shortwave 2 August 16th 06 02:18 AM
One Perfect Pocket Radio? Bob Shortwave 31 August 19th 05 06:27 PM
NEW COBY Pocket Radio Shortwave 3 May 1st 05 12:44 AM
FA - Valiant pocket radio NEW IN BOX!!! $10. N/R Barry Harper Swap 0 November 14th 04 12:49 PM
Pocket Shortwave Radio Diverd4777 Shortwave 2 April 20th 04 02:15 PM