Old June 4th 07, 06:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default RadioMart

Drake MS-7 speaker just went for $192! It took me 2 E-Mails but finally got
an admission that the speaker has the Drake sticky paint on it.
Someone is going to be disappointed.

W4OP

Old June 4th 07, 07:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jun 3, 10:12 pm, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:
Drake MS-7 speaker just went for $192! It took me 2 E-Mails but finally got
an admission that the speaker has the Drake sticky paint on it.
Someone is going to be disappointed.

W4OP

Dale [W4OP],

Good to see that you are still out there
-and- That "Radio-Mart" is still 'at-it' ~ RHF

Warning - Stay Out The Radio-Mart ! )
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...e&q=Radio-Mart
Old June 5th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 4, 1:12 am, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:
Drake MS-7 speaker just went for $192! It took me 2 E-Mails but finally got
an admission that the speaker has the Drake sticky paint on it.
Someone is going to be disappointed.

W4OP

Drake sticky paint????????? What is the significance of sticky vs
nonsticky Drake paint.

Old June 5th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Roadie" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 4, 1:12 am, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:
Drake MS-7 speaker just went for $192! It took me 2 E-Mails but finally
got
an admission that the speaker has the Drake sticky paint on it.
Someone is going to be disappointed.

W4OP

Drake sticky paint????????? What is the significance of sticky vs
nonsticky Drake paint.

For a period of time, the paint Drake used on their 7 line that broke down
after time and became a sticky mess. The only real alternative is to strip,
prime, paint and bake the cabinet. I have seen some fixes for the sticky
paint and they all look to be a half fix at best. You can also send the
cabinets to Hartzell to get an original finish, but that solution os not
cheap. Anyone paying almost $200 for an MS-7 that is described as near
mint, certainly is not expecting to pay out another $75--$100 to get it
made right.

Dale W4OP

Old June 5th 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dale Parfitt wrote:

"Roadie" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Dale... In RadioMart's world it was a near mint sticky paint MS7!

dxAce

Old June 5th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 5, 2:41 pm, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:
"Roadie" wrote in message

ups.com... On Jun 4, 1:12 am, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:
[...]

That's interesting information, thanks for posting it. I would have
to think that an otherwise new MS-7 speaker that had been stripped and
repainted would be worth considerably less to a collector because it
was no longer original.

Old June 5th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Roadie" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 5, 2:41 pm, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:
"Roadie" wrote in message

ups.com... On Jun 4,
1:12 am, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:
[...]

I have repainted Drake 4 line cabinets using the same splatter finish
technique that look identical to the original. You need an air brush with
some modified nozzles.
Unless you have seen the sticky paint, it is hard to imagine how disgusting
it is- everthing that touches it, hair, dust, etc gets imbedded in the
finish.
The concern of most collectors is the front panel, but one would certainly
want to know about the cabinet finish.
And you're right Steve, in Martyn World it was "sticky mint". You just have
to learn to translate.

Dale

Old June 6th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

High Sierra movie is on Radio tb now, one of my all time top notch
favorite old movies.
Did you hear that boys! hes a copper!, a dirty rotten copper! (wait,
that's the White Heat movie, I think)
Next up movie, They Drive by Night.Another one of my all time top notch
favorite movies.
cuhulin