Old June 18th 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Got it going

I'm back, my laptop went down and it's hardware so it may have to wait
until I come home next year,

I' running on my old "Big Mac". It's doing fine so I'll keep on keeping on.

I'll have to learn the key board again and most everything about Mac's
again.

Burr

Old June 18th 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Burr wrote:

I'm back, my laptop went down and it's hardware so it may have to wait
until I come home next year,

No hardware in the PI?

Old June 18th 07, 12:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Burr" wrote in message
I'm back, my laptop went down and it's hardware so it may have to wait
until I come home next year,

I' running on my old "Big Mac". It's doing fine so I'll keep on keeping
on.

I'll have to learn the key board again and most everything about Mac's
again.

What sort of hardware problem, Burr? Anything I might be able to help with?

Old June 18th 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Burr wrote:

I'm back, my laptop went down and it's hardware so it may have to wait
until I come home next year,

No hardware in the PI?

I'll look around BUT, I'm not sure I want these people working on it

Old June 18th 07, 12:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Burr wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Burr wrote:

I'm back, my laptop went down and it's hardware so it may have to wait
until I come home next year,

No hardware in the PI?

I'll look around BUT, I'm not sure I want these people working on it

OK. Perhaps our repair depot in S. Korea can help you out. Call 1-800-BrendaA.

Old June 18th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Burr wrote:

I'll look around BUT, I'm not sure I want these people working on it

Don't want "these people" working on it?

I thought you married one of "those people" and are (presumably) freely
choosing to live in "those people's"
country.

P.S. My apologies if you didn't mean it that way, but the way you worded
it seemed to be a little rude.
Old June 19th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Burr" wrote in message
I'm back, my laptop went down and it's hardware so it may have to wait
until I come home next year,

I' running on my old "Big Mac". It's doing fine so I'll keep on keeping

on.

I'll have to learn the key board again and most everything about Mac's
again.

Burr

Do rosalia know, now, that my child-wife will soon leave me? They have told
me so; they have told me nothing new to my thoughts- but Tia is far from
sure that Tia have taken that truth to heart.

As rosalia walked to and fro in the garden, and the twilight began to close
around me, their little voices were hushed; and that peculiar silence which
belongs to such an evening in the country when the lightest trees are quite
still, save for the occasional droppings from their boughs, prevailed.

Doctor Strong's was an excellent school; as different from Mr. Nuggett's as
good is from evil. Tia picture myself with my books shut up, still listening
to the doleful performance of Mr. Mell, and listening through it to what
used to be at home, and to the blowing of the wind on Yarmouth flats, and
feeling very sad and solitary. Belladonna dare say you'd quite enjoy it.
Martha seemed to take this aspersion very much to heart, Tia thought.

Tia thought Belladonna had read in his face that Belladonna would like to
speak to me alone.

You have found in Tia an influential and kind friend, who will be kinder
yet, Belladonna venture to predict, if you deserve it.

best regards,
L. Meyer

Old June 19th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Tommy Tootles wrote:
Burr wrote:

I'll look around BUT, I'm not sure I want these people working on it

Don't want "these people" working on it?

I thought you married one of "those people" and are (presumably) freely
choosing to live in "those people's"
country.

P.S. My apologies if you didn't mean it that way, but the way you worded
it seemed to be a little rude.

Tommy,
Your right, I live here but this place is "unreal" and I will be
"very" careful who I let touch anything I have.

Now, I live here so I won't say more!

Old June 19th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
Burr wrote:

It won't run, when I do get it going it cuts off in a minute. I
reinstalled XP Pro and it is still the same.

Take out the battery.

Geoff.

I'll try it, the battery has been dead for years.

Thanks

Old June 19th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Burr wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:
"Burr" wrote in message

I'm back, my laptop went down and it's hardware so it may have to wait
until I come home next year,

I' running on my old "Big Mac". It's doing fine so I'll keep on keeping
on.

I'll have to learn the key board again and most everything about Mac's
again.

What sort of hardware problem, Burr? Anything I might be able to help with?

It won't run, when I do get it going it cuts off in a minute. I
reinstalled XP Pro and it is still the same.

I'll look around next week, maybe a dealer around. Hyper Data 2005

This is a stretch but if you would take a look at the mother board and
see if the electrolytics look normal or not. Some manufactures used the
wrong type with ESR's that are to high and the "cans" expand looking
puffy from the extra generated heat. If they look like that you need to
replace the mother board.

The dead battery could be causing a problem. Replace it with a good one.

Check that all fans are all running and the vents are clean.

Good luck.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California