Old June 27th 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Is it just me, or

is shortwave pretty much dead today? Can't even pick up WWV on 10 MHz.
Nothing but noise...

Dave

Old June 27th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dave wrote:

is shortwave pretty much dead today? Can't even pick up WWV on 10 MHz.
Nothing but noise...

WWV is audible here on 5, 10, 15 and 20 MHz at 1915.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B

70' and 200' wires.

Old June 27th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

There is a lot of stormy weather rolling around in some parts of America
today It is stormy with thunder and lightning here right now and I hear
some hail falling down on top of the aluminum roof of my carport right
now.
www.halandmals.com Mal's St.Paddy Parade, the weather link.
cuhulin

Old June 27th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Dave wrote:

is shortwave pretty much dead today? Can't even pick up WWV on 10 MHz.
Nothing but noise...

WWV is audible here on 5, 10, 15 and 20 MHz at 1915.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B

70' and 200' wires.

Hmm. Curious. I can usually pick up something, somewhere, but not today.
Will give it a while before theorizing further...

Thanks dxAce.

Dave

Old June 27th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

There sure are days and days.For example, when I was at Fort
Knox,Kentucky (ammo school) in 1963.I saw a beautifull tall blonde
civilian gal walking along the sidewalk.I was walking too,I started
walking faster and I caught up with her.I got to talking to her and I
asked her for a date.She said no.Later on that day in the evening, I
stepped over to the Fort Knox Post Grill.(eat joint) I saw her in there
sitting at a table with two guys.I pretended I had never seen her tall
blonde luverly self before.Himself (that's me,,, himself) turned around
and walked right on out the door.

There is a power outage in parts of New York City right now.Might affect
some parts of the subway system.
cuhulin

Old June 27th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
There is a lot of stormy weather rolling around in some parts of America
today It is stormy with thunder and lightning here right now and I hear
some hail falling down on top of the aluminum roof of my carport right
now.
www.halandmals.com Mal's St.Paddy Parade, the weather link.
cuhulin

Maybe that's part of it. I just checked again, and am able to pull in WWV
on 10 MHz and 15 MHz, but it's poor reception. Still, it's there, so I
guess it's just a conspiracy of circumstances keeping me from testing my
latest improvement on the perpetual project.

Dave
110' of wire clipped to the whip of a Sony 7600GR, in Houston TX.

Old June 28th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Networks Hit New LOWS In Grim Weekly Ratings. www.drudgereport.com

Networks,,,, U.S.Ministry Of Propaganda.
I hope they disappear OFF the face of the Earth Forever!!!!
cuhulin

Old June 28th 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 27, 2:58 pm, "Dave" wrote:
is shortwave pretty much dead today? Can't even pick up WWV on 10 MHz.
Nothing but noise...

Dave

Yesterday 6/27 I picked up WWV on 3.335 and it was pretty clear.

Old June 28th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 28, 9:36 am, msg wrote:
Bob wrote:
On Jun 27, 2:58 pm, "Dave" wrote:

is shortwave pretty much dead today? Can't even pick up WWV on 10 MHz.
Nothing but noise...

Dave

Yesterday 6/27 I picked up WWV on 3.335 and it was pretty clear.

CHU on 3330 KHz?

Yes, that could be, I remembered it was right around 3.3 KHz it
sounded the same as WWV.
CHU must be a different station. I'm not familiar with a lot of SW
stuff yet.