Old July 17th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Received CCRadio-SW today

Received the new CCRadio-SW today. My first impressions are as
follows. On MW, just a slight tad below the CCRadio in sensitivity,
and about the same as the S350. On FM, superior to both the CCRadio
and the S350. I get perfect reception of a hard-to-get FM station
that I like on the CCRadio-SW where the same station on the S350 is
noisy with interference, and on the CCRadio the station is noisy (but
not quite as bad as the S350). On SW, reception is better on the
CCRadio-SW than on the S350, not to mention that tuning is much easier
on the CCRadio-SW. Please note than on the CCRadio-SW, SW tuning is
in 5 mhz, so you can't fine tune. But I find it quite adequate.
Sound on the CCRadio-SW is much better than on either the CCRadio or
the S350.

There are pros and cons as far as purchasing a new radio when it first
comes out. I have been told that during the first production run,
every unit is checked for quality control. My CCRadio, if I recall,
was one of the first sets made, and it is MORE sensitive than either
of two RF-2200s that I have owned, and more sensitive than the GE
Superadio III. My Grundig Satellit 800 was in the FIRST batch made
for retail, and it had NONE of the problems that others experienced.
It has always been a gem - NO wobbly knobs, etc. So I expect my
CCRadio-SW to be a good unit also.

I recommend the CCRadio-SW as a better choice than the S350.

Old July 17th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 16, 4:00 pm, wrote:
Please note than on the CCRadio-SW, SW tuning is
in 5 mhz, so you can't fine tune.

I was in error - SW tuning on the CCRadio-SW is in 1 khz when using
SLOW tuning and 5 when using FAST tuning. The more I use this radio
the more I like it.

Old July 17th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 16, 4:00 pm, wrote:
Please note than on the CCRadio-SW, SW tuning is
in 5 mhz, so you can't fine tune.

I was in error - SW tuning on the CCRadio-SW is in 1 khz when using
SLOW tuning and 5 when using FAST tuning. The more I use this radio
the more I like it.

That's the same radio as the Redsun RP2100, is it not?

Old July 17th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My error - the CCRadio-SW tunes in 1 khz on SW in the SLOW tuning
mode.

I tried the TERK AM ADVANTAGE passive antenna on MW and on some
stations it made a big difference. Pulled in distant stations loud
and clear that otherwise had a lot of background noise.

Old July 17th 07, 06:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jul 16, 5:00 pm, wrote:
[...]

GA - Very Good First Impressions Report ~ RHF

Old July 17th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 16, 6:38 pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jul 16, 4:00 pm, wrote:
Please note than on the CCRadio-SW, SW tuning is
in 5 mhz, so you can't fine tune.

I was in error - SW tuning on the CCRadio-SW is in 1 khz when using
SLOW tuning and 5 when using FAST tuning. The more I use this radio
the more I like it.

That's the same radio as the Redsun RP2100, is it not?

With modifications, including the CCrane twin-coil antenna built in.

Old July 17th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 17, 1:05 am, RHF wrote:
On Jul 16, 5:00 pm, wrote:

[...]

.
.

Is there anything worth listening to on SW still, or is that why you
bought the ****ty HD radio ?

Old July 18th 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:24:01 -0700, wrote:

On Jul 17, 1:05 am, RHF wrote:
On Jul 16, 5:00 pm, wrote:

[...]

Ah, on SW? In English, for a North American curmudgeon?

Well, Deutsche Welle, R. Nederland, The Beeb, R. Australia, R. Japan,
R. New Zealand International, and a swag of "foreign-language"
transmissions that delight the ears with music.

That lot should broaden your mental horizon just a teensie-weensie
bit.

Of course, a more moralizing bent would require locking on to a
hell-fire and brimstone Ammurican diet.

And gawd forbid you'd touch R. Habana Cuba or CRI?

Case closed, as is your mind, obviously.

Old July 18th 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jul 17, 7:24 am, wrote:
On Jul 17, 1:05 am, RHF wrote:

On Jul 16, 5:00 pm, wrote:

[...]

bought the ****ty HD radio ?- Hide quoted text -

OK "Iboc-is--a-Crazy" so...
You think the Redsun RP2100 being rebadged
as the CCradio-SW makes it a "HD" Radio.
http://www.ccrane.com/radios/shortwa...cradio-sw.aspx

I got news for you - It Ain't [.]
- - - Just a very good 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio.
http://www.ccrane.com/images/highres/ccradio-sw.htm

-and- -IF- You have to ask the Question :
"Is there anything worth listening to on SW still"
-then- Why do you bother to Read and Post to
a Shortwave Radio NewsGroup ?

"Iboc-is--a-Crazy" - Have a Nice Day
unless you have made other plans ~ RHF