Old July 18th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Just WTF is Radio Weather on WBCQ?

On Jul 12, 5:47 pm, ShortwaveLoonWatch LtD
wrote:
I used to think that listening to Profit Stair in Walterboro was
like listening to nails being scraped across a blackboard
or stray cats being fed into a Troybilt wood chipper machine.
Boy was I wrong. Now we have this goofy program called
Radio Weather taking up huge blocks of time onWBCQ.
I am still trying to figure out if it's just another wacky christian
broadcaster, a geeky nerd broadcast or BOTH. This guy can't
possibly be serious. The R-W guy should hook up with
Profit Stair and they ought to "tag-team preach" like some of those
old time great black apostolic ministers used to do! Now that
would be freakin funny to listen to! In the meantime can anyone
tell me just WTF Radio Weather is all about? One thing is fer
sure, Weiner is really scraping up the dregs at the bottom of the
old corn-mash bargain-basement airtime prices barrel to give
this kosher dill pickle goofball airtime.

Yes, thank glub for USA domestic shortwave, home to more kooks
and heavy-metal mentally derranged crazies than you can find apart
from the insides of an old 816 or 866A mercury vapor rectifier tube.

I wish that Elizabeth Border and that insane Doug from Jerimiah 33.3
were back on the air. Now there were two true nutcases if there ever
was!
Much better than these lame-asses we got now like James "henhouse"
Lloyd
and that Nazi goose-stepping asswipe from Laporte CO who's last name
is the same as a slang expression for one's tallywhacker.

And the show goes on and the hits just keep on comming on Domestic
SW !!

My GOD if you hate WBCQ so much WHY DON"T YOU CHANGE THE STATION
ON YOUR RECEIVER ???? You've either got a masochistic tendency, or
you
secretly enjoy the stuff to which you refer.
The shows you call 'lame-ass" and "henhouse" happen to pay a
significant fee for us to broadcast their programs. They pay, and
they pay in full and on time. Were it not for them, I promise you we
couldn't afford to stay on the air to play the stuff you DO like.

Don't be so fast and loose with the criticism...one radio station
cannot possibly
make everyone happy all the time. But we do okay, don't we ???

Old July 20th 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

Geez, chill out. Do a sudoku, like the potted plant on the USPS
commercial suggests to the legal document. A little touchy about how
we pay the bills, are we? Don't worry, the rest of us hate our jobs
too, and we also started out liking them, like you did. Most people DO
enjoy the kooks, except those of us who ARE kooks and whose heads have
that same monologue you hear on the radio going 24/7. From a normal
person's perspective, the rantings of the kooks are hilarious. I
assure you that when you can't turn the voices off because they're in
your head, it's not so funny. Don't be so uptight, we all whore
ourselves out for the almighty dollar, it's a fact of life. My local
MW stations have plenty of quacks who pay hefty fees to get on the
air, only they come on at 2 am. SW doesn't know night and day, so the
kook element is readily apparent. Unfortunately for you, Alan's dream
of legalizing the pirates ran headlong into a brick wall of hefty
electric bills, and the bills won, and now WBCQ is just another kook
station. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. If you really
are this uptight about your pleasant fantasy going into the toilet,
quit, shut down the station and find some other way to make a living
besides whoring yourself out to weirdoes. That's what I'd do.

Just WTF is Radio Weather on WBCQ? I.P. Yurin Shortwave 0 July 13th 07 08:29 PM
WBCQ-Undercover Radio dxAce Shortwave 0 August 10th 05 10:02 PM
WBCQ RADIO George S Thurman Shortwave 7 July 6th 05 11:24 PM
WBCQ rebroadcasting Radio Caroline?? J999w Shortwave 6 January 6th 04 10:18 PM
Weather Radios and Weather Warning Service The Dawn Soliloquy Shortwave 7 July 12th 03 08:45 PM