Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 19th 07, 06:53 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

Default A more rational approach -- how I would like to change the cell phone industry.

On Jul 1, 7:24 am, wrote in
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...0c8ed13?hl=en&
:

how would u like to change the cell phone industry?

Analog cell phones should stop using FM and should start using AM at
whatever practical radio frequencies available.

Digital cell phones should stop using the compression they use and
start using monaural WMA compression with a CBR of 20 kbps or less and
a sample rate of at least 44.1 KHz. In addition, the following must
also apply:

1. In its uncompressed form, the audio must have a bit-resolution of
at least 16-bit

2. The sample-rate of the compressed and the uncompressed version of
the audio must be the same.