Old July 21st 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eavesdropper Dipole

I finally got my old Eavesdropper dipole antenna up in the air again in
preparation for the 2007/2008 DX season. I've not had it installed since about
1990 or so. Seemed to be OK in preliminary tests.

Tomorrow, I'll try to finish the coax installation into the house.

I have it oriented 150/330 degrees, main interest was to hopefully get better
South American reception.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 21st 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jul 21, 1:25 pm, dxAce wrote:
I finally got my old Eavesdropper dipole antenna up in the air again in
preparation for the 2007/2008 DX season. I've not had it installed since about
1990 or so. Seemed to be OK in preliminary tests.

Tomorrow, I'll try to finish the coax installation into the house.

I have it oriented 150/330 degrees, main interest was to hopefully get better
South American reception.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

- oriented 150/330 degrees

DX Ace - Is this 150* Tip-to-Tip 330* -or-
150* & 330* perpendicular to the Sides ? ~ RHF

Eavesdropper-C Trapped Dipole Antenna
* Overall Length about 43 Feet (13.1 Metres).
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/0680.html
http://www.antennasupermarket.com/EAVESDROPPER.htm
http://www.durhamradio.com/s/product...at=1845&page=1

Any one else using a Eavesdropper Trapped Dipole Antenna ?

Or for that matter an Alpha Delta DX-Ultra Shortwave Antenna ?
* Overall Length about 80 Feet (25 Metres).
http://www.durhamradio.com/s/product...at=1845&page=1
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/3377.html
http://www.alphadeltacom.com/pg1.htm

Anyone used both ?

Anyone tried them both Side-by-Side ?

Old July 21st 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jul 21, 2:56 pm, dxAce wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Jul 21, 1:25 pm, dxAce wrote:
I finally got my old Eavesdropper dipole antenna up in the air again in
preparation for the 2007/2008 DX season. I've not had it installed since about
1990 or so. Seemed to be OK in preliminary tests.

Tomorrow, I'll try to finish the coax installation into the house.

I have it oriented 150/330 degrees, main interest was to hopefully get better
South American reception.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

- oriented 150/330 degrees

DX Ace - Is this 150* Tip-to-Tip 330* -or-
150* & 330* perpendicular to the Sides ? ~ RHF

What do you think?- Hide quoted text -

I could assume . . .

Old July 21st 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:

On Jul 21, 2:56 pm, dxAce wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Jul 21, 1:25 pm, dxAce wrote:
I finally got my old Eavesdropper dipole antenna up in the air again in
preparation for the 2007/2008 DX season. I've not had it installed since about
1990 or so. Seemed to be OK in preliminary tests.

Tomorrow, I'll try to finish the coax installation into the house.

I have it oriented 150/330 degrees, main interest was to hopefully get better
South American reception.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

- oriented 150/330 degrees

DX Ace - Is this 150* Tip-to-Tip 330* -or-
150* & 330* perpendicular to the Sides ? ~ RHF

What do you think?- Hide quoted text -

I could assume . . .

Well, if you were using a dipole antenna, and you were located here, how would you
orient it if you wanted reception from South America?

Put your thinking cap on...

Old July 22nd 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:25:31 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

I finally got my old Eavesdropper dipole antenna up in the air again in
preparation for the 2007/2008 DX season. I've not had it installed since about
1990 or so. Seemed to be OK in preliminary tests.

Tomorrow, I'll try to finish the coax installation into the house.

I have it oriented 150/330 degrees, main interest was to hopefully get better
South American reception.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Why is it called an Eavesdropper? Ya drop it from the eaves?

bob
k5qwg
Old August 19th 07, 10:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jul 21, 1:25 pm, dxAce wrote:
I finally got my old Eavesdropper dipole antenna up in the air again in
preparation for the 2007/2008 DX season. I've not had it installed since about
1990 or so. Seemed to be OK in preliminary tests.

Tomorrow, I'll try to finish the coax installation into the house.

I have it oriented 150/330 degrees, main interest was to hopefully get betterSouthAmerican reception.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DX Ace,

How Long is the Length of your Coax Cable run for
this Eavesdropper Dipole Antenna into the House ?

What is your Eavesdropper Dipole Antenna's
Mounting Height at the Center and the Tips ?

Did you consider to Eavesdropper Dipole Antenna
with the 72 Ohm Balanced feed-in-line when buying
it back in the 1990s ?

iwtk ~ RHF
Old August 19th 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:

On Jul 21, 1:25 pm, dxAce wrote:
I finally got my old Eavesdropper dipole antenna up in the air again in
preparation for the 2007/2008 DX season. I've not had it installed since about
1990 or so. Seemed to be OK in preliminary tests.

Tomorrow, I'll try to finish the coax installation into the house.

I have it oriented 150/330 degrees, main interest was to hopefully get betterSouthAmerican reception.

DX Ace,

How Long is the Length of your Coax Cable run for
this Eavesdropper Dipole Antenna into the House ?

Around 60' or so.

What is your Eavesdropper Dipole Antenna's
Mounting Height at the Center and the Tips ?

Only about 16', which is 7' higher than my other antennas.

Did you consider to Eavesdropper Dipole Antenna
with the 72 Ohm Balanced feed-in-line when buying
it back in the 1990s ?

My first Eavesdropper had the 72 Ohm feed back in the 80's.