Old July 26th 07, 11:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default XM Cancels Radio Theater shows

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 07:03:54 -0700, Joe Bev
wrote:

Hi gang,

XM Radio has canceled most of the radio theater on their channels,
including my show. They were right in the middle of running my
Sherlock Holmes series when Josephine Reed e-mailed me that my show
was being taken off the air! I do not take it personally, but since
Jo Reed replaced Steve Karesh as 163's PD, things have rapidly gone
downhill. They suddenly stopped playing my promos, aired my shows out
of order and mislabeled and all sorts of mistakes were made. You will
note that this is a trend against any kind of radio theater across the
entire radio landscape. MediaBay/Radio Spirits are also going out of
business... the nationally syndicated "When Radio Was" has also been
canceled, XM channel 164 is going away in September, and Media Bay is
going out of business and selling of its assets. Also, Lodestone,
which sold radio theater on CD for many years, has also closed own.

Since this coming Sunday is my last show on XM, I have replaced the
next Holmes show with the newest (and mostly likely) last radio
theater I will ever produce, new stories using characters from OTR. I
am also going out of business because of this trend.

Feel free to complain to: and
.

Best to you,

Right now, there are Congressional hearings being held with regard to
the proposed merger between XM and Sirius. If you have any comments
which may be relevant to the merger you might wish to submit them. Do
a google on hearings xm sirius.

XM Cancels Radio Theater shows Roadie Shortwave 0 July 26th 07 04:04 AM
N.C. cancels BPL trial Hamguy Swap 1 October 2nd 04 06:55 PM
N.C. cancels BPL trial Hamguy General 1 October 2nd 04 06:44 PM
Belgium cancels last CW exam! Rene Policy 0 August 1st 03 11:44 PM