Old July 29th 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Radio Habana Cuba on 11875 kHz @ 3:21 UTC

Radio Habana Cuba on 11875 kHz @ 3:21 UTC
.
S-Meter : S7~ S9 with Fair Audio and Radio Habana Cuba ID
along with Spanish News Program at 3:33 UTC
.
Radio Havana Cuba (RHC)
RHC = http://www.radiohc.cu/index.htm
RHC ENGLISH = http://www.radiohc.cu/ingles/portada.htm
.
Radio Havana Cuba (RHC)
Frequencies and Broadcast Schedule
FREQ = http://www.radiohc.org/Distributions/freqtable.html
.
Radio Habana Cuba (RHC) - Horarios, Bandas y Frecuencias
http://www.radiohc.cu/espanol/frecue...as-espanol.htm
.
Radio Habana Cuba (RHC) - Programacion
http://www.radiohc.cu/espanol/programacion.htm
.
Radio Habana Cuba (RHC) "QSL" Information
QSL = http://www.schoechi.de/ac-cub.html#R%20Habana%20Cuba
.
About - Radio Havana Cuba (RHC)
RHC = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Havana_Cuba
RHC = http://www.radiohc.cu/ingles/quienes.htm
.
CUBA = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuba
.
FIDEL CASTRO = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fidel_Castro
.
.
The World Clock - Time Zones
UTC-to-Local = http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Map of Daylight-and-Nightime Around the World
UTC MAP = http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?UTC/s/0/java
.
RHF's Standard "QSL" Information Posting
for Shortwave Radio Listeners (SWL)
[ Reference Message with Links and URLs ]
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...5a245dc0f5d16f
.
My Radio/Receiver : Icom IC-R75 (R-75) with Kiwa Mods
Using an external RCA 4" Full Range Mini-Speaker [5" Cube]
.
This Week's New Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna :
Four Element Flat 5-Wire TV Rotor Cable 25 Foot
Long Horizontal Wire Antenna - - - a la John Doty
Laid-Out : South-West to North-East (Far End)
22 Foot Up about Two-Feet above the Back Roof
TV 'type' 300 Ohm to 75 Ohm Matching Transformer
RG6 Coax Cable Feed-in-Line about 25 Feet Long
.
o------------------------------------------------X 50 Feet Two
X------------------------------------------------X Wires Folded
X------------------------------------------------o 25 Feet Wire
X------------------------------------------------X 37.5 Feet 1 1/2
X----------------------x x---------------------X Wires Folded
12.5 Ft 1/2 Wire
.
= 50 Feet ~ 1/4 WL for 60M Shortwave Band
= 37.5 Feet ~ 1/4 WL for 49M Shortwave Band
= 25 Feet ~ 1/4 WL for 31M Shortwave Band
= 12.5 Feet ~ 1/4 WL for 16M Shortwave Band
.
Remember 55.5% of Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL)
is the Shortwave Antenna = http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
.
My Location : OK-Land, Cali-4-Ni-A, USofA
Metro-Area : SF Bay Area
Geographic Region : Northern California
World : West Coast of the USA (North America)
Global : N 37.78° Latitude by W 122.24° Longitude
.

/ \
........! .......

Old July 29th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Habana Cuba on 6000 kHz @ 6:18 UTC

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:25:46 -0700, RHF
wrote:

On Jul 28, 8:47 pm, RHF wrote:
Radio Habana Cuba on 11875 kHz @ 3:21 UTC
.
S-Meter : S7~ S9 with Fair Audio and Radio Habana Cuba ID
along with Spanish News Program at 3:33 UTC

Radio Habana Cuba on 6000 kHz @ 6:18 UTC
.
S-Meter : S9 with Good Audio with a YL Reading
the the Cuban Economic Report in English and
the Radio Habana Cuba ID followed by Music.

I also heard Radio Havana last night in the wee hours of the UTC
morning, with a YL reading "news" (i.e. yabbering about The Cuban
Five) just like Arnie Coro was doing on Friday night around the same
time. She sounded like someone had an Arnie voice synthesizer and had
switched it to "female" mode. :-)

I primarily chase UTEs so I didn't log the exact time but it was on
6000.0 kHz. Didn't even note S-meter reading, but moderately strong
signal and perfectly readable with no difficulty.

I also heard a station on 7335.0 playing country music for a program
they were billing as "New Music Spotlight" with decent signal levels
but some minor fading. My understanding was that WRNO's antenna had
been destroyed by Katrina, so who's broadcasting on 7335? Their
website doesn't seem to have been updated since August 2006. Did WRNO
get a new antenna or what? I didn't stick around long enough to hear
an ID because by this time I was finding it hard to stay awake.

73 de John, KC2HMZ, KNY2VS
Tonawanda, NY, USA
TS-450S-AT, DX-394, Wires
http://www.kc2hmz.net

Old July 29th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

On Jul 28, 8:47 pm, RHF wrote:
[...]

Most likely WHRI (World Harvest Radio).

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 29th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:

On Jul 28, 8:47 pm, RHF wrote:
[...]

Nice to read your report John and keep chasing those UTE

Hope some day to hear Radio Habana Cuba
broadcasting "Cada Noche El Informe De Negocio"
with Pablo Kangez
-aka- "The Nightly Business Report" with Paul Kangas
NBR = http://www.pbs.org/nbr/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightly_Business_Report
Old July 30th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

On Jul 28, 8:47 pm, RHF wrote:
[...]

There used to be a SW station out of Kentucky that broadcast country
type gospel music 24/7. I don't remember their callsign. This was in
the early 2000s. I immediately thought of them when I read the above.
It could be WHRI, though. I don't follow American domestic SW all that
closely.

Cuba has occupied 6000 in the local evenings for a very long time. I
can usually get 6000 in very strong in California. Sometimes it's
strong, but very noisy. It can have so much static that understanding
what they're saying can be a challenge.

7335 was occupied 24/7 by RFPI in the late 90s before University For
Peace canned them. I wasn't aware that WRNO was still on the air as
late as 2005. I thought they had disappeared years before that. WRNO-
FM in the New Orleans metro area never went under, just changed owners
(a lot), but I thought that WRNO-SW had gone under in the 90s and the
tx sold then used for a station with another call.

Old July 30th 07, 04:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
msg msg is offline

American Insurgent wrote:

snip

7335 was occupied 24/7 by RFPI in the late 90s before University For
Peace canned them. I wasn't aware that WRNO was still on the air as
late as 2005. I thought they had disappeared years before that.

Really? Where was this station located? How could this persist for
any length of time on top of CHU in view of international agreements
and treaties?

Regards,

Michael
Old July 30th 07, 05:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

msg ) writes:
American Insurgent wrote:

snip

7335 was occupied 24/7 by RFPI in the late 90s before University For
Peace canned them. I wasn't aware that WRNO was still on the air as
late as 2005. I thought they had disappeared years before that.

Really? Where was this station located? How could this persist for
any length of time on top of CHU in view of international agreements
and treaties?

The frequency is wrong, RFPI was somewhat higher in freqency (actually
I seem to recall there may have been a number of frequencies somewhat
above the 40metre ham band, since I think they used different
frequencies for SSB and AM).

The transmitter was down in Costa Rica.

Of course, there was talk earlier this year that CHU would have
to move or even shut down (if the cost of a frequency move was
too prohibitive) since it uses a frequency allocated to shortwave
broadcast, while time stations are classified as something else.
I can't remember how that was resolved.

Michael

Old July 30th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Old - Radio For Peace International (RFPI) Shortwave Radio Broadcast Frequencies

On Jul 29, 9:25 pm, (Michael Black) wrote:
msg ) writes:
American Insurgent wrote:

snip

[...]

A brief web search for RFPI Shortwave reveals :

The Radio For Peace International (RFPI) Shortwave
Radio Broadcasts were on : 15039 or 15040 kHz,
7445 kHz and 21815 kHz {USB}
http://www.fsrn.org/broadcast.html

Also RFPI used : 6980 kHz {USB}, 7385 kHz,
15050 kHz, and 21.465 hHz (USB)

7335 vice 7445 is easy to mis-remember
over the years ~ RHF
Old August 1st 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 30, 1:25 am, dxAce wrote:
msg wrote:
American Insurgent wrote:

snip

7335 was occupied 24/7 by RFPI in the late 90s before University For
Peace canned them. I wasn't aware that WRNO was still on the air as
late as 2005. I thought they had disappeared years before that.

Really? Where was this station located? How could this persist for
any length of time on top of CHU in view of international agreements
and treaties?

Other stations have used 7335 over the years, so it's nothing new. As for Radio
for Peace International (Costa Rica), I don't recall them using 7335, however
they did use 7385. WRNO made use of 7355 many years ago.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

You're right, it WAS 7385. Duh! But it's been so LONG since RFPI was
on air, at least 7 or 8 years, and my memory has always been terrible.
I never paid a whole lot of attention to RFPI, anyway. But apparently
they had a small but loyal band of listeners, as they discovered when
the standoff with the university came about and they were locked in
the studio for several months. People showed up to pass cans of food
through the fence.

Old August 1st 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

American Insurgent wrote:

On Jul 30, 1:25 am, dxAce wrote:
msg wrote:
American Insurgent wrote:

snip

[...]

Didn't they go on-line after that whole debacle was over? Maybe they're still on.
Like you, I never paid a lot of attention to them.

dxAce
Michigan
USA