Old July 31st 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default looking for a small portable Battery AM/FM with good reception...

Hello everyone. I was referred here form another newsgroup where my topic
was found off topic.I hope some of you here can help...
here's what I'm looking for. I go hunting/fishing with the boys and it's
kind of boring in the evening. my portable radio am/fm have a very limited
receptor and I can get only 1 FM station, when weather permits, and like
10 really bad reception AM stations.
I would like to get my hands on a better radio with super reception..
nowadays all the portable radio that we see have lots of cheap and useless
things and they are all pretty bad for reception...
is there a make/model that stands out? it has to be affordable also...
thanks for your time
stef, Montreal, Canada.

Old July 31st 07, 06:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 30, 8:55 pm, "noname" wrote:
Hello everyone. I was referred here form another newsgroup where my topic
was found off topic.I hope some of you here can help...
here's what I'm looking for. I go hunting/fishing with the boys and it's
kind of boring in the evening. my portable radio am/fm have a very limited
receptor and I can get only 1 FM station, when weather permits, and like
10 really bad reception AM stations.
I would like to get my hands on a better radio with super reception..
nowadays all the portable radio that we see have lots of cheap and useless
things and they are all pretty bad for reception...
is there a make/model that stands out? it has to be affordable also...
thanks for your time
stef, Montreal, Canada.

Hi Stef,

Take a look at www.universal-radio.com and www.ccrane.com for some
decent am-fm-sw radios. I could recommend some models but I don't
know your price range. It may be worthwhile to stop by your local
Radio Shack, though they don't stock many portables nowadays.
Whatever you do, make sure your radio includes shortwave coverage,
even if it costs a little more. You'll enjoy listening to stations
all over the world on those long camping trips; shortwave is
definitely worth is the small extra investment. Good luck and let us
know what you find.

Sky Captain

Old July 31st 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

thanks to all for your help

Regards
Stef

Old August 2nd 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I found this link to be very interesting..
Stef

http://www.eham.net/reviews/products/8