Old July 31st 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default ROK Troops

HI,
I recall friends of mine who were in awe of the ROK troops
I think one was the Tiger Squad. They terrorized the VC and NV
regulars over in "Nam. They'd behead the targed enemies and show
their officers that they did the job.
Mike

Old August 1st 07, 08:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Mike M." wrote in message
oups.com...
HI,
I recall friends of mine who were in awe of the ROK troops
I think one was the Tiger Squad. They terrorized the VC and NV
regulars over in "Nam. They'd behead the targed enemies and show
their officers that they did the job.
Mike

It was the "Monkyards" that took heads, both in WW II & Nam!!

Burr

Old August 2nd 07, 04:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Drifter" wrote in message
ink.net...
Burr wrote:
"Mike M." wrote in message
oups.com...
HI,
I recall friends of mine who were in awe of the ROK troops
I think one was the Tiger Squad. They terrorized the VC and NV
regulars over in "Nam. They'd behead the targed enemies and show
their officers that they did the job.
Mike

It was the "Monkyards" that took heads, both in WW II & Nam!!

Burr

I remember coming to a firebase, in the central highlands,

that had heads on most of the wire post. hell of a site.

we only took ears.

Drifter...

Was that your mother that got everyone hung??

Who dropped the "ace of spades"

Burr

Old August 2nd 07, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 31, 5:15 pm, "Mike M." wrote:
HI,
I recall friends of mine who were in awe of the ROK troops
I think one was the Tiger Squad. They terrorized the VC and NV
regulars over in "Nam. They'd behead the targed enemies and show
their officers that they did the job.
Mike

Gee, your announcement was certainly written to impress and I'm sure
it must have some relevance to some discussion somewhere. I wonder
what it could possibly be.

Old August 3rd 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 2, 7:41 pm, "Burr" wrote:
"Roadie" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jul 31, 5:15 pm, "Mike M." wrote:
HI,
I recall friends of mine who were in awe of the ROK troops
I think one was the Tiger Squad. They terrorized the VC and NV
regulars over in "Nam. They'd behead the targed enemies and show
their officers that they did the job.
Mike

Gee, your announcement was certainly written to impress and I'm sure
it must have some relevance to some discussion somewhere. I wonder
what it could possibly be.

Radio dude, that when I got my first (I think ) Sonny 7600 and hung my first
longwire.

Got the news from Radio Moscow, VOA and I don't remember the rest. I laid
awake many a night listening to the SW Radio and B52's walking bombs down
the road.

Burr

OK, so I take it that Burr and Mike M are one in the same because Burr
is responding to a message I posted to Mike.

What does your buying a 7600 and listening to VOA and the other
defunct radio stations have to do with a post about troops from the
ROK. Unless Mike/Burr is making some imaginary reference to the awe-
inspiring ROK troops pulling out of Afghanistan by year-end.

Old August 3rd 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My oldest sister's son was in the U.S.Air Force.He was in South Korea
back in the 1970s.He married a South Korean gal.Their daughter is a very
gracious and cordial and pretty woman.Very reserved in her manner.I met
them a few months ago here in Jackson, funeral.They live near Oklahoma
City, he works for the U.S.Post Office in Oklahoma City.
cuhulin

Old August 4th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 3, 8:50 pm, "Burr" wrote:
"Roadie" wrote in message

ps.com...

On Aug 2, 7:41 pm, "Burr" wrote:
"Roadie" wrote in message

groups.com...

On Jul 31, 5:15 pm, "Mike M." wrote:
[...]

You ain't too smart, I added radio content to keep RHF off our ass.

You replied to a tread I started and I Ain't Mike who ever!!!

Pull your head out and think, be nice and get off your high horse!!!

Burr- Hide quoted text -

I know this is difficult for you but try to follow the thread from the
beginning. Mike M posted a message to which I responded. To make it
easier for you I copied that portion of the thread below. Next time
try sending messages to the right person.

On Jul 31, 5:15 pm, "Mike M." wrote:

Mike M said:

HI,
I recall friends of mine who were in awe of the ROK troops
I think one was the Tiger Squad. They terrorized the VC and NV
regulars over in "Nam. They'd behead the targed enemies and show
their officers that they did the job.
Mike

To which Roadie responded:

Gee, your announcement was certainly written to impress and I'm sure
it must have some relevance to some discussion somewhere. I wonder
what it could possibly be.

To which Burr responded:

Old August 4th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Aug 4, 9:14 am, Roadie wrote:
On Aug 3, 8:50 pm, "Burr" wrote:

"Roadie" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Aug 2, 7:41 pm, "Burr" wrote:
"Roadie" wrote in message

groups.com...

On Jul 31, 5:15 pm, "Mike M." wrote:
Mike M said:
[...]

Roadie,

Fortunately or Unfortunately this is a Public Forum
for all to Read and all to Post To : So Anyone can
Post Anything -and- That's The Way It Is [.]

It might be considered to be 'good form' to only reply
to eMails that are directed to you -but- that is not a
"Rule" -and- Even -if- It was . . .
Rules Are Made To Be Broken !

Roadie -if- You want to have a personal-private
exchange of ideas then exchange eMails.

and yes i am being a butt-in-sky ~ RHF
Old August 6th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 4, 5:59 pm, RHF wrote:
On Aug 4, 9:14 am, Roadie wrote:

On Aug 3, 8:50 pm, "Burr" wrote:

"Roadie" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Aug 2, 7:41 pm, "Burr" wrote:
"Roadie" wrote in message

groups.com...

On Jul 31, 5:15 pm, "Mike M." wrote:
Mike M said:
[...]

.
.

You are missing the point. I don't mind someone responding from
outside of the chain, indeed if the response makes some sense or has
some tie into either the original posters message or mine then I would
certainly encourage it. Maybe Burr or you can explain how his
response tied in - I sure can't see it. And that was what I was
commenting on.