Old August 5th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Hiroshima

Not long from now, it will be Monday morning, August 6 in Hiroshima, Japan.

Let's pause, and remember the time when men were men, and the sheep knew their
place. A time when we actually gave our enemies the thumping they so thoroughly
deserved, without endlessly whining about it.

Yes, it will soon be the 62nd Anniversary of the Atomic bombing of Hiroshima.

And, I'm certain it will be mentioned on shortwave, so keep your radio on.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 5th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:
Not long from now, it will be Monday morning, August 6 in Hiroshima, Japan.

Let's pause, and remember the time when men were men, and the sheep knew their
place. A time when we actually gave our enemies the thumping they so thoroughly
deserved, without endlessly whining about it.

Yes, it will soon be the 62nd Anniversary of the Atomic bombing of Hiroshima.

And, I'm certain it will be mentioned on shortwave, so keep your radio on.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Steve, normally I would be amused by this. Lord knows I long for a
time when men were men, sheep were nervous, and Oprah wasn't mother to
US ALL. But that morning in Hiroshima, we entered an age from which we
cannot retreat. The end of innocence. The end of simplicity. The end of
nations minding their own damned business.

Truth is, if it hadn't been us, it would have been someone else.
Delaying our entry into that war, it would have been Germany. Or the
Soviets. Or, God help us, Japan. So, it was an era into which we as a
species were going to enter, no matter who threw down the gauntlet.

And that day were planted the seeds of much of the dissent that
threatens civility in our own land. And fertilized them with the loam
created by easier living.

Lack of natural enemies leads to cannibalism within a culture.

There is no doubt that Hiroshima, and the second kiss, Nagasaki,
ended a war that would have continued on for years. With millions dead,
and, eventually, WWII fought on our own soil. Japan, believing that
death was more desireable than defeat, would have fought until there
was no one left. On either side. And two of the most astonishingly
adaptive and productive cultures would would lie in ruins. And the boom
that was to follow that war, the boom in technology, in culture, in
manufacturing, in agriculture, in economy, that fed, clothed, rebuilt,
restocked, renourished, and labor-saved life in the world would not have
come. Life was hard before the war. Not so much, after. To the degree
that children then had to worry about invasion, bombing raids, enough
food to eat, and separation of family. Children today have to worry
about fading batteries in their iPods and why mom won't pay for texting
overruns on their cell phones. And which government agency to call to
swat her down when she doesn't.

In a lot of ways Hiroshima was the entry fee to the New Age.

It was a terrible price. It was a no-win decision for Truman,
who--give the man his props--had the balls to make the agonizing call
between the horrors of those milliseconds of atomic release, and the
horrors of the war that would have continued. True to the vision of the
founding fathers, the biggest decisions were made by a common man.

Whose inate humility should have remained an inspiration to us all.

Yes, not long from now, it will be Monday morning, August 6 in
Hiroshima, Japan. Let's pause, and remember the time when men were men,
life was hard, and values were easily grasped, and we shared them across
the land. And let's bow our heads, and take a moment for prayer, or
silence... but let's observe a moment of humility and homage to the
souls that were lost to pave the way to the New Age.

David Peter Maus
Old August 5th 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Not long from now, it will be Monday morning, August 6 in Hiroshima,
Japan.

Let's pause, and remember the time when men were men, and the sheep
knew their place. A time when we actually gave our enemies the
thumping they so thoroughly deserved, without endlessly whining about
it.

Yes, it will soon be the 62nd Anniversary of the Atomic bombing of
Hiroshima.

And, I'm certain it will be mentioned on shortwave, so keep your
radio on.

Some people don't get it. This page in Wikipedia states "100,000
innocent civilians killed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki

Stupid idiots in this country never learn. This makes the Japanese
smarter than us because they did learn this lesson. The Japanese fought
a brutal war and understand what it would take to beat them. People
today think of war as a police action when the purpose of war is to
destroy or nearly destroy EVERYTHING in the fighting arena forcing
complete capitulation by the enemy. If you don't level the place you get
Iraq for example. I hope the American on Wednesday is not an idiot.

What's Up Japan
North America
0:00 - 1:00 UTC on 6145
1:00 - 2:00 UTC on 17825
17:00 - 18:00 UTC on 9535
Mon.-Fri.14:10-14:30 (repeat) 19:10,23:10,2:10,9:10,10:10 This program
features current topics in politics, economics, sport and other fields
in Japan and across Asia, giving insight into the world of Japan and
Asia now. It will also be presented in 20 languages on Radio Japan
Focus at various broadcasting times, dependent on the language service.

Aug. 6,Mon. Sketch of Hiroshima in the summer of 2007
Aug. 7,Tue. The war poems of Hirohiko Okano
Aug. 8,Wed. An American to spread the message of Hiroshima to the world
Aug. 9,Thu. Atomic Bomb Victim Autobiographies
Aug.10,Fri. Passing down the story of the Himeyuri Corps

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old August 5th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
D Peter Maus wrote:

dxAce wrote:
[...]

Snip

You understand that if the Japanese had a nuke they would have dropped
it on Pearl Harbor. They would not have needed to send a whole fleet
just one carrier, one plane, and one bomb. The Germans would have been
sending nukes on those V2 rockets they had at the time instead of
conventional warheads. The V2 would not have to be very accurate to
cause mass destruction in England.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old August 5th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 5, 12:49 pm, dxAce wrote:
Not long from now, it will be Monday morning, August 6 in Hiroshima, Japan.

Let's pause, and remember the time when men were men, and the sheep knew their
place. A time when we actually gave our enemies the thumping they so thoroughly
deserved, without endlessly whining about it.

Yes, it will soon be the 62nd Anniversary of the Atomic bombing of Hiroshima.

And, I'm certain it will be mentioned on shortwave, so keep your radio on.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Be sure to change your adult diapers and don't put your dentures in
backwards when you celebrate the murder of hundreds of thousands of
innocent civilians (mostly women and children). How American.

Did you get your government welfare check aka "social security" for
August yet Mr. CONservative small government? Heavy emphasis on the
CON as in CON artists.

How much have you cost the workers who are forced to support you to
date? Have you joined the million dollar club yet? Between your
monthly welfare payment and free (to you, not the taxpayers)
"medicare" I'm guessing you have. Please tell!

Old August 5th 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

wrote:

On Aug 5, 12:49 pm, dxAce wrote:
Not long from now, it will be Monday morning, August 6 in Hiroshima, Japan.

Let's pause, and remember the time when men were men, and the sheep knew their
place. A time when we actually gave our enemies the thumping they so thoroughly
deserved, without endlessly whining about it.

Yes, it will soon be the 62nd Anniversary of the Atomic bombing of Hiroshima.

And, I'm certain it will be mentioned on shortwave, so keep your radio on.

Be sure to change your adult diapers and don't put your dentures in
backwards when you celebrate the murder of hundreds of thousands of
innocent civilians (mostly women and children). How American.

Did you get your government welfare check aka "social security" for
August yet Mr. CONservative small government?

Actually, I'll get my *July* payment on or about August 22.

Oh yes, I'll get my Union pension check on September 1 as well. And, beginning April 1,
2008, I'll get my pension check from the company as well!

Heavy emphasis on the
CON as in CON artists.

How much have you cost the workers who are forced to support you to
date?

Heck, how much did it cost me, all those years?

Have you joined the million dollar club yet?

Not quite, but I creep ever closer, day by day.

Between your
monthly welfare payment and free (to you, not the taxpayers)
"medicare" I'm guessing you have. Please tell!

Thanks for asking, and please, continue to go to work.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 5th 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

[...]

I'm wondering if you might be able to hear 17870 beamed to Hawaii and 17825 to
North America (at least according to EiBi) at 2100-2200? Not certain if they'll
mention anything, but might be worth a listen.

I'll be listening for sure at 0000 to 6145 via The 'Stan.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 5th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Aug 5, 12:31 pm, dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:
wrote:

On Aug 5, 12:49 pm, dxAce wrote:
[...]

USA- Hide quoted text -

DX Ace,

Live Long and Keep Them Check Coming ! )

You Earned Them All ~ RHF
Old August 5th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Aug 5, 10:49 am, dxAce wrote:
Not long from now, it will be Monday morning, August 6 in Hiroshima, Japan.

Let's pause, and remember the time when men were men, and the sheep knew their
place. A time when we actually gave our enemies the thumping they so thoroughly
deserved, without endlessly whining about it.

Yes, it will soon be the 62nd Anniversary of the Atomic bombing of Hiroshima.

And, I'm certain it will be mentioned on shortwave, so keep your radio on.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DX Ace,

While We In the USA Must Always Remember 9/11
and Pearl Harbor : The Japanese Remember Hiroshima !

Americans Should Remember "Hiroshima" and
The Resolve It Takes To Win Wars [.]

Let Us Pray for the Souls Of All Those Who Died
On Those Days - Amen ~ RHF