Old August 11th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default KAIJ QRM.

19:35 rasping QRM on LSB. miki.

Old August 13th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
k35454 wrote:
19:35 rasping QRM on LSB. miki.

Seattle, Sunday evening, 5755 kHz was S9 and in the clear at 7:00 PM
and up to S9+10dB at 8:15 PM, PDT.

I was picking up some crud at 5749 this morning, but my noise canceler
box, with a short antenna, cleared it out, so that's a good indication
that it was my or one of my neighbor's computer gear.

Sounds like a neighborhood walkabout with a portable receiver may
be a good idea.

Mark Zenier

Old August 13th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Aug 12, 8:23 pm, (Mark Zenier) wrote:
In article ,

k35454 wrote:
19:35 rasping QRM on LSB. miki.

Seattle, Sunday evening, 5755 kHz was S9 and in the clear at 7:00 PM
and up to S9+10dB at 8:15 PM, PDT.

I was picking up some crud at 5749 this morning, but my noise canceler
box, with a short antenna, cleared it out, so that's a good indication
that it was my or one of my neighbor's computer gear.

- Sounds like a neighborhood walkabout with a
- portable receiver may be a good idea.

MZ - Always a very good idea. ~ RHF

My last visit to Oakland had some hours had a
S9 Noise Level across the Bands below 10 MHz.

My next door neighbors kids had a Band practicing
in their backyard garage. Their Amps and Equipment
were the Source.
* Three Reversed Two Prong {Only} Electical Outlets
plus they were using a Power Strips with the Round
Pin Cut-Off - Rewired the Outlets with Three Prong
Receptacles and gave them two new Power Strips.
* Installed Snap-On Ferrite Cores (10+) on all the
Power Leads and Equipment Cables.

This dropped the Noise Level down to below S3.
Old August 14th 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article . com,
RHF wrote:

My last visit to Oakland had some hours had a
S9 Noise Level across the Bands below 10 MHz.

My next door neighbors kids had a Band practicing
in their backyard garage. Their Amps and Equipment
were the Source.
* Three Reversed Two Prong {Only} Electical Outlets
plus they were using a Power Strips with the Round
Pin Cut-Off - Rewired the Outlets with Three Prong
Receptacles and gave them two new Power Strips.

Yow, bucking for the Darwin Award, sounds like. What is
it with some of these music dudes...

I'd suggest some GFI power cords, like they use for power
tools, but it sounds like, given the state of their equipment,
that they'd probably bin them the second or third time they
tripped. (The GFI breaker, not the musicians).

* Installed Snap-On Ferrite Cores (10+) on all the
Power Leads and Equipment Cables.

What brand, or, where do you get them?

KAIJ QRM. k35454 Shortwave 1 August 10th 07 07:44 AM
KAIJ - "The Power Hour" on 9480 kHz @ 12:10 UTC RHF Shortwave 0 August 3rd 07 01:19 PM
KAIJ - "The Power Hour" on 5755 kHz @ 07:25 UTC RHF Shortwave 0 August 3rd 07 08:52 AM
Dr. euGene Scott on KAIJ 13.815 MHz - - - He Is Alive on Greg Shortwave 0 October 30th 05 05:30 PM
Dr. euGene Scott on KAIJ 13.815 MHz - - - He Is Alive on Shortwave ! :o) [email protected] Shortwave 3 October 19th 05 07:11 AM