Old August 14th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default info request for an old receiver

I just picked up an old Realistic receiver that has 5 bands; AM, FM, Marine
Band, SW1 & SW2. It's a rectangular receiver taller than it is wide, and
runs off 4 C-cell batteries (or an electrical outlet adaptor). All I can
find on it for a model is "12-1433" on a label on the back, along with the
following info: 23 solid state devices, 12 transistors, 10 diodes, 1
thermistor. Does anyone have any pointers to specs, pix, manuals, whatever?

Old August 14th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Rachael Caldwell wrote:

I just picked up an old Realistic receiver that has 5 bands; AM, FM, Marine
Band, SW1 & SW2. It's a rectangular receiver taller than it is wide, and
runs off 4 C-cell batteries (or an electrical outlet adaptor). All I can
find on it for a model is "12-1433" on a label on the back, along with the
following info: 23 solid state devices, 12 transistors, 10 diodes, 1
thermistor. Does anyone have any pointers to specs, pix, manuals, whatever?

I looked on the Radio Shack site and could find nothing. You might wish to ask
Radio Shack directly:

http://www.radioshack.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=store&subdisplay=contact&stillHa veQuestion=yes

Good luck.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 15th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 14, 1:02 pm, "Rachael Caldwell" wrote:
I just picked up an old Realistic receiver that has 5 bands; AM, FM, Marine
Band, SW1 & SW2. It's a rectangular receiver taller than it is wide, and
runs off 4 C-cell batteries (or an electrical outlet adaptor). All I can
find on it for a model is "12-1433" on a label on the back, along with the
following info: 23 solid state devices, 12 transistors, 10 diodes, 1
thermistor. Does anyone have any pointers to specs, pix, manuals, whatever?

Radio Shack radios actually had TWO model names per radio: the
official model (what you cited) and a fancy name for promotional
literature. I suspect that you've got one of the "Astronaut" named
radios from the 70s. Open it up and see if there's a paper label
listing exactly what each transistor and diode is, along with a crude
schematic. On that label may be the actual radio name.

Old August 15th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That sounds about as easy as finding info/spec's on the radio; got any
useful suggestions?

"rat" wrote in message
oups.com...
Get a radio shack catalog from the mid 70's. They made a lot of those
multiband junkboxes.

Old August 15th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Where does one find these catalogues?

"BDK" wrote in message
In article .com,
says...
Get a radio shack catalog from the mid 70's. They made a lot of those
multiband junkboxes.

You should find it in a 70, 71, or so Radio Shack Catalog. I bet they
must have made a million of those things if you added up all the names
they were sold under.

BDK

Midland 13-500 info request Joe LeKostaj Equipment 0 July 5th 07 05:41 AM
TenTec RX-340 Info Request Al Shortwave 4 November 17th 05 03:01 AM
Off topic request for info Larry Benko Antenna 4 August 28th 05 07:05 AM
Request Info TV station Rich Swap 4 July 24th 05 05:27 AM
K1MAN Info Request Rob Sheldon Policy 4 July 15th 05 11:31 PM