Old August 15th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Tupelo Buffalo Park Monkey escapes again

www.devilfinder.com it.I saw the WLBT noon day tv news video on tv, it
was funny.
cuhulin

Old August 15th 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 14, 4:11 pm, wrote:
www.devilfinder.com it.I saw the WLBT noon day tv news video on tv, it
was funny.
cuhulin

Royer Park in Roseville, CA had two brown bears in deplorable
conditions-simple cages with concrete floors-for decades. Somebody in
the 60s thought of the bear idea to attract people to the declining
center of town, and eventually the bears were forgotten, fed and
cleaned but trapped in their tiny cages 24/7. Finally some teenager
got enough people enraged at the city that the bears were handed off
to the small zoo in Folsom. By the time the bear exhibit at Folsom was
built, the female bear had died, but the male got to live his last few
years in rather nice conditions.

Then there was the mall somewhere in the Midwest that bought a baby
gorilla when it opened in the 60s as a marketing gimmick. The gorilla
grew up, and watched that mall gradually empty and decay. Finally the
mall went bankrupt, and only then, when the building was due to be
demolished, did the gorilla get out of his pen and into a real zoo.
That's what happens when marketing whizzes decide that animals exist
as gewgaws. Obviously this monkey is smarter than the city bureaucrats
handling it. Maybe it's time to hand it off to a zoo, and get it out
of what must be horrible conditions.

Old August 15th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

American Insurgent wrote:

I'd much rather see a politician in a cage at a mall. It would be more
interesting and gratifying to me; plus, it would keep, at least
that/those caged politician(s), from working to thwart his/their
constituents wishes ...

Regards,
JS
Old August 15th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article . com,
American Insurgent wrote:
Then there was the mall somewhere in the Midwest that bought a baby
gorilla when it opened in the 60s as a marketing gimmick. The gorilla
grew up, and watched that mall gradually empty and decay. Finally the
mall went bankrupt, and only then, when the building was due to be
demolished, did the gorilla get out of his pen and into a real zoo.

The B&I Circus Store in Tacoma, Washington. I think they shipped
him off to Atlanta. (Where I suspect he got a job as a CNN executive).

Mark Zenier