Old August 17th 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

Default FA: Quantum QX Loop Plus+ Ver. 2.0 Antenna

On Aug 17, 7:04 am, RHF wrote:
On Aug 16, 8:52 pm, "Guy Atkins" wrote:

I have a very little used Quantum QX Loop Plus+, Ver. 2.0 for auction:

This is the latest and best model in the highly regarded "Quantum" loop
series. It looks and works like new!

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA

GA,

This is the enhanced "Plus+" Quantum QX Loop Plus+ v2.0
QX+ LOOP =http://www.dxtools.com/QXv2+.htm
ITEM =http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ140148857608
.
Vice the standard Quantum QX Loop Antenna v2.0
QX LOOP =http://www.dxtools.com/QX.htm
.
Some claim that the Quantum QX Plus+ Loop Antenna
performs better than the Kiwa Air Core Loop Antenna
for AM/MW Radio DXing.
.
Here is a Review of the Quantum QX Loop Antenna Ver. 2
-at- RadioIntel.Com -by- Jay Allen
RADIO INTEL =http://www.radiointel.com/review-qloop.htm
.
DX Tools for the Serious Radio Listener
-by- Radio Plus+ Electronics -at- DX Tools .Com
DX TOOLS =http://www.dxtools.com/
ABOUT =http://www.dxtools.com/AboutR+.htm
Created by that American Artisan and Craftsman
Gerry Thomas [KB4JFM] -aka- Mister Radio Plus+
.
.
jm2cw ~ RHF
.
.
. .

RHF wrote
Some claim that the Quantum QX Plus+ Loop Antenna
performs better than the Kiwa Air Core Loop Antenna
for AM/MW Radio DXing.

Well I don't believe that for a moment. I get superb AM/MW DX results
from my Kiwa MW Loop and I have NEVER seen resuls from users of the
Quantim Loop to come anyhwere near it.

You can see the results of my of my DXpeditions using the Kiwa Loop
at:
Look at my Jongensgat and Seefontein results
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/

Also see my review of the Kiwa Loop at:
http://www.dxing.info/equipment/kiwa_mw_loop_plimmer.dx

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Old August 17th 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx...opcompare.html

Old August 18th 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap
RHF RHF is offline

On Aug 17, 3:20 pm, Steve wrote:
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx...opcompare.html

Steve - That is the Report that I remember reading
and which I based my prior statement on.

I have two Kiwas and the 15" and older 7.5" Quantums
and to me they are about the same. But that is most
likely me and my abilities and not a true test of the
'equipment' ~ RHF
Old August 18th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Aug 17, 10:10 pm, RHF wrote:
On Aug 17, 3:20 pm, Steve wrote:

http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx...opcompare.html

Steve - That is the Report that I remember reading
and which I based my prior statement on.

I have two Kiwas and the 15" and older 7.5" Quantums
and to me they are about the same. But that is most
likely me and my abilities and not a true test of the
'equipment' ~ RHF
.
.
. .

There are also some comparative reviews he

http://hometown.aol.com/RKDX/Equipment.html

This guy (RKDX) actually found the Quantum to have a slight edge:

"From a performance standpoint, the Quantum Loop 2 is the best antenna
I have ever used. In side by side comparisons with both the Radio West
and Kiwa Loops it came out superior in all measurements. When compared
to the Radio West Loop I found the nulls to be far better and the gain
at least 20db greater. Against the Kiwa Loop, the Quantum 2 had
slightly better nulls and a gain improvement of 7-10db."

Steve

Old August 18th 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

I've owned and used a Kiwa MW Loop previously, but not at the same time as
the Quantum.

You can't go wrong with either, although the Radio Plus+ unit is probably
better from a support/repair standpoint, should anything go wrong, because
it's a currently made unit.

The one I'm selling is a hot performer for a compact loop, but I'm just not
making much use of it. I'm not much of a collector of "radio stuff," so to
Ebay it goes...

With my busy work life these days, most of my DXing is on scheduled
DXpeditions. I'm looking forward to an upcoming trip for comparing my
Wellbrook Phased Array against another identical system, and against some
BOG and Beverage antennas.

Guy

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...