Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 20th 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default OT-Letter to Vonage

On Aug 20, 6:03 am, "Burr" wrote:
My letter to Vonage a very poor service company. They are losing customers
very fast and may go bankrupt soon.

What precisely do you base the statement that Vonage may go bankrupt
soon on.

They out source everything to the Philippines.

Everything? Or just the call answering service.

Hi,

I bought your fine service a few weeks ago and was very happy
with the ease of setup/startup. The service works great and I added your VG
stock code to my watch list at Scottrade.

You don't mean to say you are basing the purchase of their stock on
your signing up for one of those VOIP contracts do you?

Then I had a problem and I asked for service, forget it. I asked
one question before I joined and had to wait two days for an answer.

Wow - that's a long time on hold. But if it took them two days to
answer a question BEFORE you signed up why would you then hand over
good money to a company that was so unresponsive.

My
Linksys Wireless router went down because of the firmware from Vonage was
corrupt; this happens and is no problem.

The router went down and that is no problem?? Huh??? Why are you
buying their router when you can get one cheaper at Home Depot.

What is the problem is that it takes three days for your
customer service to answer then when they do answer they get it wrong. I
told them the power light was blinking, that mean that the software must be
forced to load from my computer. I did ask for away to down load the
Firmware and load it (per Linksys).

Just think, if you had landline service you would have none of the
ongoing problems of VOIP telephony. Why pay for dropped calls, poor
customer service, and phones that die when the internet hiccups.

Now I have written them again and I start the wait. If they
answer and if they get it wrong again then I'll be at start again. I asked
friends about the firmware and Vonage and what I found was a lot of your
"former customers that stopped your service because your customer service is
so very bad.

Again, why did you sign up for unreliable VOIP phone service in the
first place! If having a reliable telephone connection is a priority
then you should choose something other than VOIP. Because of it's
dependence on computers connected via the internet VOIP is even less
reliable than cell phone service. Witness the serious problems Skype
customers are having.

I am traveling and I need to try to repair the router and can't
do it until I have the software from you. If I can't save the router then I
have to buy a new one but I don't know until I try the upload.

Can you help me with your repair support are am I going to be
one of your ex-customers also?

Do you really think that Vonage is reading messages on
rec.radio.shortwave and will answer your questions?

TIA,

Burr Patterson, Jr.

PS: I'll think about your stock after I see how your repair service does.

Vonage Firmware Brian Denley Shortwave 4 August 20th 07 06:11 AM
Vonage Firmware [email protected][_2_] Shortwave 4 August 20th 07 05:41 AM
Vonage Firmware Brenda Ann Shortwave 1 August 20th 07 05:39 AM
Vonage Firmware Burr Scanner 3 August 20th 07 05:01 AM
Vonage Firmware Brenda Ann Shortwave 0 August 19th 07 01:43 PM