Old August 20th 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default OT-Letter to Vonage

On Aug 20, 6:03 am, "Burr" wrote:
My letter to Vonage a very poor service company. They are losing customers
very fast and may go bankrupt soon.

What precisely do you base the statement that Vonage may go bankrupt
soon on.

They out source everything to the Philippines.

Everything? Or just the call answering service.

Hi,

I bought your fine service a few weeks ago and was very happy
with the ease of setup/startup. The service works great and I added your VG
stock code to my watch list at Scottrade.

You don't mean to say you are basing the purchase of their stock on
your signing up for one of those VOIP contracts do you?

Then I had a problem and I asked for service, forget it. I asked
one question before I joined and had to wait two days for an answer.

Wow - that's a long time on hold. But if it took them two days to
answer a question BEFORE you signed up why would you then hand over
good money to a company that was so unresponsive.

My
Linksys Wireless router went down because of the firmware from Vonage was
corrupt; this happens and is no problem.

The router went down and that is no problem?? Huh??? Why are you
buying their router when you can get one cheaper at Home Depot.

What is the problem is that it takes three days for your
customer service to answer then when they do answer they get it wrong. I
told them the power light was blinking, that mean that the software must be
forced to load from my computer. I did ask for away to down load the
Firmware and load it (per Linksys).

Just think, if you had landline service you would have none of the
ongoing problems of VOIP telephony. Why pay for dropped calls, poor
customer service, and phones that die when the internet hiccups.

Now I have written them again and I start the wait. If they
answer and if they get it wrong again then I'll be at start again. I asked
friends about the firmware and Vonage and what I found was a lot of your
"former customers that stopped your service because your customer service is
so very bad.

Again, why did you sign up for unreliable VOIP phone service in the
first place! If having a reliable telephone connection is a priority
then you should choose something other than VOIP. Because of it's
dependence on computers connected via the internet VOIP is even less
reliable than cell phone service. Witness the serious problems Skype
customers are having.

I am traveling and I need to try to repair the router and can't
do it until I have the software from you. If I can't save the router then I
have to buy a new one but I don't know until I try the upload.

Can you help me with your repair support are am I going to be
one of your ex-customers also?

Do you really think that Vonage is reading messages on
rec.radio.shortwave and will answer your questions?

TIA,

Burr Patterson, Jr.

PS: I'll think about your stock after I see how your repair service does.

Old August 20th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Roadie" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Aug 20, 6:03 am, "Burr" wrote:
My letter to Vonage a very poor service company. They are losing
customers
very fast and may go bankrupt soon.

What precisely do you base the statement that Vonage may go bankrupt
soon on.

Have you cheched their stock and news reports, I did.

They out source everything to the Philippines.

Everything? Or just the call answering service.

There phone service, they are who you talk with, I called!

Hi,

I bought your fine service a few weeks ago and was very happy
with the ease of setup/startup. The service works great and I added your
VG
stock code to my watch list at Scottrade.

You don't mean to say you are basing the purchase of their stock on
your signing up for one of those VOIP contracts do you?

I put it on my watch list, like I said.

Then I had a problem and I asked for service, forget it. I
asked
one question before I joined and had to wait two days for an answer.

Wow - that's a long time on hold. But if it took them two days to
answer a question BEFORE you signed up why would you then hand over
good money to a company that was so unresponsive.

My
Linksys Wireless router went down because of the firmware from Vonage was
corrupt; this happens and is no problem.

The router went down and that is no problem?? Huh??? Why are you
buying their router when you can get one cheaper at Home Depot.

It's the VoIP

What is the problem is that it takes three days for your
customer service to answer then when they do answer they get it wrong. I
told them the power light was blinking, that mean that the software must
be
forced to load from my computer. I did ask for away to down load the
Firmware and load it (per Linksys).

Just think, if you had landline service you would have none of the
ongoing problems of VOIP telephony. Why pay for dropped calls, poor
customer service, and phones that die when the internet hiccups.

I don't think you know a lot of what you are talking about.

[...]

Again, you don't know what you are talking about.

Old August 20th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 20, 9:31 am, "Burr" wrote:
"Roadie" wrote in message

ps.com...

On Aug 20, 6:03 am, "Burr" wrote:
My letter to Vonage a very poor service company. They are losing
customers
very fast and may go bankrupt soon.

What precisely do you base the statement that Vonage may go bankrupt
soon on.

Have you cheched their stock and news reports, I did.

No mention of bankruptcy. You do understand what bankruptcy mmeans -
correct? Don't confuse it with the very different concept of lawsuit.

They out source everything to the Philippines.

Everything? Or just the call answering service.

There phone service, they are who you talk with, I called!

Oh, well you did day that they outsourced everything to the
Phillipines, so sounded like their headquarters could now be in
Makati.

Hi,

I bought your fine service a few weeks ago and was very happy
with the ease of setup/startup. The service works great and I added your
VG
stock code to my watch list at Scottrade.

You don't mean to say you are basing the purchase of their stock on
your signing up for one of those VOIP contracts do you?

I put it on my watch list, like I said.

Considering that you think they "may go bankrupt soon", and you have
have been getting poor service I still don't understand why you would
want to consider the possiiblity of buying Vonage stock.

Then I had a problem and I asked for service, forget it. I
asked
one question before I joined and had to wait two days for an answer.

Wow - that's a long time on hold. But if it took them two days to
answer a question BEFORE you signed up why would you then hand over
good money to a company that was so unresponsive.

My
Linksys Wireless router went down because of the firmware from Vonage was
corrupt; this happens and is no problem.

The router went down and that is no problem?? Huh??? Why are you
buying their router when you can get one cheaper at Home Depot.

It's the VoIP

Huh?? What is the VolP
And I still don't understand why you would hand over money on a
contract if they gave you such poor service BEFORE signing up.

What is the problem is that it takes three days for your
customer service to answer then when they do answer they get it wrong. I
told them the power light was blinking, that mean that the software must
be
forced to load from my computer. I did ask for away to down load the
Firmware and load it (per Linksys).

Just think, if you had landline service you would have none of the
ongoing problems of VOIP telephony. Why pay for dropped calls, poor
customer service, and phones that die when the internet hiccups.

I don't think you know a lot of what you are talking about.

VOIP is a fundamentally flawed way of providing telephone service if
continuity of service is important. If price is the only
consideration and you are willing to live with outages and dropped
calls, then go ahead.

[...]

To be clear, please tell us why why are you are posing questions to
your VOIP service provider on rec.radio.shortwave. You should be
sending them to Vonage.

But I'm really perplexed on a broader issue. If you believe that
Vonage "may go bankrupt soon" then why in the world would you want to
do business with them. Makes no sense to me.

Realize that VOIP is a fundamentally flawed method for voice
transmission because it relies on the internet.

Old August 20th 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Supposedly, (I have never tried it out) I can plug in a microphone in
the microphone jack on the back of my Philips Magnavox Mat 976 WebTV set
top box and send/include up to thirty seconds of my voice (or doggy
barking at whatever) in my emails to anybody.WebTV had ''Vonage'' before
computes ever did.WebTV has 128 Bit encryption, it used to be illegal
for anybody to take a WebTV set top box out of America.
cuhulin

Old August 21st 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
Supposedly, (I have never tried it out) I can plug in a microphone in
the microphone jack on the back of my Philips Magnavox Mat 976 WebTV set
top box and send/include up to thirty seconds of my voice (or doggy
barking at whatever) in my emails to anybody.WebTV had ''Vonage'' before
computes ever did.WebTV has 128 Bit encryption, it used to be illegal
for anybody to take a WebTV set top box out of America.
cuhulin

He's trolling Larry! No one is that dumb.
This is a copy of a letter/email I sent to Investor Relations.

Just so everyone know what kind of service they give. IF they fix thing fast
then I'll also post that BUT it looks like they don't care because even
Investor Relations hasn't answered yet.

Burr

Old August 21st 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default OT-Letter to Vonage, More BS

Thank you for choosing Vonage, the #1 rated digital phone service!

I understand you would like to download the firmware for your router.

I see that your router is having the latest firmware version. You no need to
upgrade the firmware for your router manually, because it will be upgraded
automatically.

If you have any questions, your Vonage team is available to assist you 24
hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact us whenever and however it suits you!

- On-Line Help Center at http://www.vonage.com/help.php

- Contact Us at http://www.vonage.com/help_contactUs.php

- Or call toll-free at 1-VONAGE-HELP (1-866-243-4357)

Thanks again for choosing Vonage, a better phone service for less!

Sincerely,

Vonage Customer Care

If the Blue light is flashing it will not upload!!

Old August 21st 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 20, 12:22 pm, wrote:
Supposedly, (I have never tried it out) I can plug in a microphone in
the microphone jack on the back of my Philips Magnavox Mat 976 WebTV set
top box and send/include up to thirty seconds of my voice (or doggy
barking at whatever) in my emails to anybody.WebTV had ''Vonage'' before
computes ever did.WebTV has 128 Bit encryption, it used to be illegal
for anybody to take a WebTV set top box out of America.
cuhulin

The point I'm trying to make is that "Burr" makes unsupported
statements about Vonage going into bankruptcy without having an
understanding of what such a statement really means.

He also signs up for a service after having problems getting simple
questions answered by Vonage beforehand. Indeed he characterizes them
as a poor company. I'm finding it difficult to understand what a
public complaint about Vonage on rec.radio.shortwave is supposed to
accomplish if he makes decisions like that.

Is he looking for sympathy?

Old August 21st 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Seal or UDT. www.cursor.org/stories/seal_or_udt.htm

They never bothered to check my skivvies.I wasen't a Seal.
cuhulin

Vonage Firmware Brian Denley Shortwave 4 August 20th 07 06:11 AM
Vonage Firmware [email protected][_2_] Shortwave 4 August 20th 07 05:41 AM
Vonage Firmware Brenda Ann Shortwave 1 August 20th 07 05:39 AM
Vonage Firmware Burr Scanner 3 August 20th 07 05:01 AM
Vonage Firmware Brenda Ann Shortwave 0 August 19th 07 01:43 PM