Old August 26th 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default It's an indictment of AM-FM radio... Ha Ha Eduardo !

"Radio may survive this, too"

"It's an indictment of AM-FM radio that people will pay 13 dollars a
month not to listen to it," he said.

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/ba...RTPR092COVU55H

Ha Ha Eduardo !

Old August 26th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article om,
IBOCcrock wrote:

"Radio may survive this, too"

"It's an indictment of AM-FM radio that people will pay 13 dollars a
month not to listen to it," he said.

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/ba...RTPR092COVU55H

Ha Ha Eduardo !

Content is another issue besides the fact that IBOC HD radio is a poor
engineering solution for digital radio. If it really was a better
solution than the current analog scheme people would buy it.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old August 27th 07, 02:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

.
(OT) : IBOC Crock & HD Radio - Keeping A Straight-Face & Trying Not To
Laugh !
.
IBOC Crock - Crock-On !
.
The "HD Radio" Newsgroup 'exists' for such Posts
HD RADIO = http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio
After-all you have posted there several times
and for the most part : There Is No There - There !
.
Let US Remember - This Is A Shortwave Radio NewsGroup.
.
mr. crock - keeping a straight-face & trying not to laugh ~ RHF
.

This is a DC to Daylight. analog and digital radio group.
Old August 27th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:

[...]

This is a DC to Daylight. analog and digital radio group.- Hide quoted text -

David,

It is evident that the NewsGroups Metality is
* We Love Analog -and- Hate Digital *

IBOC et al is encouraged and d'Eduardo is Bashed.

Anyone who says anything positive about
IBOC "HD" Radio is called a "Shill"

iboc haters - i 'feel' your pain ~ RHF

Old August 28th 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 16:35:31 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

Well, there is nothing positive about IBOC/HD.

It helps FM a whole bunch here on the back side of the San Gabriels.
It's very multipath forgiving.
Old August 28th 07, 07:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

wrote:

Well, there is nothing positive about IBOC/HD.

It helps FM a whole bunch here on the back side of the San Gabriels.
It's very multipath forgiving.

David - Yes i think over time IBOC will be a Winner
or a Loser because of FM "HD" Radio; and AM/MW
Radio may Die because of it . ~ RHF
Old August 28th 07, 11:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Well, there is nothing positive about IBOC/HD.

It helps FM a whole bunch here on the back side of the San Gabriels.
It's very multipath forgiving.

Frackeltonian Thinking.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Don't do business with the Huntington Investment Company.

Old August 28th 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Well, there is nothing positive about IBOC/HD.

It helps FM a whole bunch here on the back side of the San Gabriels.
It's very multipath forgiving.

Frackeltonian Thinking.

If you actually went to that message board and read the comment about
iBiquity's confidentiality agreement, and the gag clause, it does kind
of explain why so many, not only here and in other locations speak so
passionately about IBOC. And why you never really hear much more than
the corporate line come out of anyone's mouth.

I know before IBOC was approved, I used to hear a lot of commentary
and complaints about potential problems, inteference, noise and such,
from the engineers I hung out with.

Today, they never say a word.

If for no other reason than that, support for iBiquity should be
withdrawn.

I don't know what happened in this country, or when we made the turn,
but I'm heartily dismayed at the number of times every day I run into
someone unwilling, or unable to speak a truth due to the potential for
legal repercussion. I thought The Truth was the ultimate defense.

Apparently, not so anymore.

"I remember when this was a free country."

--G. Gordon Liddy.

Old August 28th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Well, there is nothing positive about IBOC/HD.

It helps FM a whole bunch here on the back side of the San Gabriels.
It's very multipath forgiving.

Frackeltonian Thinking.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Don't do business with the Huntington Investment Company.

It's the only way I can get a listenable signal, where none existed
before. Dwardo would tell you I don't count because I'm 30 miles from
downtown.