Old September 13th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default "Satellite Radio's move to OEM-driven model?"

"Satellite Radio's move to OEM-driven model?"

"I will not comment on whether or not this headline is true. But if it
is true, what do you think it suggests about the probability that
radio listeners will buy a radio - any radio - at retail? Or are they
much more likely to, as I like to say, buy something that contains a
radio - like, say, a car - and get the radio for free? Now, what does
this tell you about the near-term future of HD radio, which has a very
small footprint in the OEM world, and any footprint it currently does
have is strictly as an option? (Satellite, for all its woes, has a
comparatively strong OEM footprint - and is increasingly available as
a standard item). What does it tell you about the value of radios in
Wal-Marts and Radio Shacks (satellite or HD)? What does it tell you
about the value of the HD promos your station is running every hour?
I'm not trying to obsess on this topic. I'm only trying to put out a
few intelligent words to counter the hundreds of thousands of dollars
iBiquity spends to convince you that myth is reality, consumers are
idiots, and "hope" is something other than a four-letter word."

http://www.hear2.com/2007/09/satelli....html#comments

;-)