RadioBanter

-   -   HD radio means Half Dead radio (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/125265-hd-radio-means-half-dead-radio.html)

Telamon September 24th 07 02:33 AM

HD radio means Half Dead radio

Interesting changes in HD marketing afoot.

http://gormanmediablog.blogspot.com/2007/09/halif-dead-radio.html

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Pete KE9OA September 24th 07 10:55 AM

HD radio means Half Dead radio

It is bad enough that they are trying to peddle that junk. What really makes
it bad is that they don't even care about the adjacent channels they are
wiping out. Now, the evening broadcasting takes it to new heights.
Quite disgusting.

Pete

IBOCcrock September 24th 07 11:27 AM

HD radio means Half Dead radio

On Sep 23, 9:33 pm, Telamon
wrote:
Interesting changes in HD marketing afoot.

http://gormanmediablog.blogspot.com/2007/09/halif-dead-radio.html

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

"HD Radio: Stunts and symbols at your expense"

http://www.hear2.com/2007/09/hd-radi....html#comments

"HD on QVC -- Lipstick on a (Roast) Pig"

"Can you imagine how ****ed buyers are going to be.I'm going to turn
QVC on and have a few laughs. (If I'm a lawyer, I'm recording it)."

http://insidemusicmedia.blogspot.com...roast-pig.html

HD Radio gets more comical by-the-minute!

Eric F. Richards September 24th 07 02:43 PM

Telamon wrote:

Interesting changes in HD marketing afoot.

http://gormanmediablog.blogspot.com/2007/09/halif-dead-radio.html

I like this response:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for having the balls to challenge Ibiquity and the NAB.
They are doing serious damage to our once great industry.

Bring broadcasters back to broadcasting otherwise you may as well
sign the stations off.

September 21, 2007 3:04 PM

Hmmmmm...
--
Eric F. Richards,
"It's the Din of iBiquity." -- Frank Dresser

Billy Smith September 24th 07 03:01 PM

"Telamon" wrote in message
Interesting changes in HD marketing afoot.

http://gormanmediablog.blogspot.com/2007/09/halif-dead-radio.html

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

It's pretty much a big fraud being foisted upon the American consumer to
trash their perfectly good AM/FM radios in their homes and cars and instead
spend 200 to 400 dollars to buy one of the HD sets. So what are we going to
do with all these old radios? Are we going to send them to Chad via Ebay or
just let them collect dust. The FCC said they would let the market decide so
hopefully the END User consumer will drop this idea like a hot potato. And
fortunately, it seems that they are doing just that. But instead the radio
mafia still wants to jam this retarded idea down our throats. Not to mention
sell everyone a bill of goods with their 300 dollar crappy looking junk
boxes.

I noticed that WTAM was wiping out adjacent channels last night on 1100 khz
and WBT which is usually audible here was getting splattered. The best thing
to do is for people to start writing the Commission and let them know what a
boondoogle this is. Ridiculous

Roadie September 24th 07 03:07 PM

wrote:
Interesting changes in HD marketing afoot.

http://gormanmediablog.blogspot.com/2007/09/halif-dead-radio.html

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

I don't particularly like QVC or ShopNBC because their merchandise is
mostly low-class stuff like NeverSharp knives, George Foreman Grills,
Cubic Zirconia rings, etc. They rely on high-sizzle merchandising
including overstated MSRP's that are cut by absurd discounts. Not
much has really changed in that industry from when Ron Popeil was
first marketing Veg-O-Matics.

However, a lot of people buy stuff from venues like that so think of
it as just another successful distribution channel like Overstock.Com,
Amazon.Com, etc.

Steve September 24th 07 03:16 PM

HD radio means Half Dead radio

On Sep 24, 10:07 am, Roadie wrote:
On Sep 23, 9:33 pm, Telamon

wrote:
Interesting changes in HD marketing afoot.

http://gormanmediablog.blogspot.com/2007/09/halif-dead-radio.html

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

I don't particularly like QVC or ShopNBC because their merchandise is
mostly low-class stuff like NeverSharp knives, George Foreman Grills,
Cubic Zirconia rings, etc. They rely on high-sizzle merchandising
including overstated MSRP's that are cut by absurd discounts. Not
much has really changed in that industry from when Ron Popeil was
first marketing Veg-O-Matics.

However, a lot of people buy stuff from venues like that so think of
it as just another successful distribution channel like Overstock.Com,
Amazon.Com, etc.

I suspect the allure for Tardo is the prospect of getting his
colloidal silver and Amazing HGH some airtime on QVC.

Frank Dresser September 24th 07 03:58 PM

"Eric F. Richards" wrote in message
I like this response:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for having the balls to challenge Ibiquity and the NAB.
They are doing serious damage to our once great industry.

Bring broadcasters back to broadcasting otherwise you may as well
sign the stations off.

September 21, 2007 3:04 PM

Hmmmmm...

That's IF the broadcasters want to stick exclusively with broadcasting, at
least free broadcasting. Consider that the broadcasters have spent millions
on IBOC radio interference transmitter equipment and only a pittance on HD
radio content. And they've spent millions more on advertising HD radio
before adaquate mass market radios were available.

HD radio might not have been designed to fail, but it sure doesn't look like
the smart guys have thought out the elements of success, either.

But now we have a FCC decision which will mark the latest first start date
in which very important things got fixed. Inexpensive low power consumption
chips are in the pipeline and I'll bet these new, improved chips are
subscription radio ready.

Frank Dresser

IBOCcrock September 24th 07 04:01 PM

wrote:
Interesting changes in HD marketing afoot.

http://gormanmediablog.blogspot.com/2007/09/halif-dead-radio.html

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

I don't particularly like QVC or ShopNBC because their merchandise is
mostly low-class stuff like NeverSharp knives, George Foreman Grills,
Cubic Zirconia rings, etc. They rely on high-sizzle merchandising
including overstated MSRP's that are cut by absurd discounts. Not
much has really changed in that industry from when Ron Popeil was
first marketing Veg-O-Matics.

However, a lot of people buy stuff from venues like that so think of
it as just another successful distribution channel like Overstock.Com,
Amazon.Com, etc.

Amazon.com, as with Best Buy, Radio Shack, Wal-Mart, and Circuit City
have all been miserable failures for HD Radio. Jerry Del Colliano made
the point that even if people buy HD radios, the radios do not work as
advertised and will be returned promptly.

Roadie September 24th 07 04:27 PM

wrote:
[...]

I have no idea who the self-proclaimed expert Jerry D.C. is, but his
and other claims about poor sales and high returns of HD radios are
unsupportable now. Such claims will either be verified or dismissed
in the next 9 months which includes the christmas selling season.