Old September 26th 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Question for Tardo

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey Tardo, on that rather sad exercise in narcissism that you call
your "website",

Obviously, you have no achievements you ar eproud of. I do.

you say you spent some time in college-level
journalism seminars at Michigan State University, and you display an
image of something that LOOKS like a diploma, but which you refer to
as a "certificate of achievement".

It was a summer course of study, not a 4 year program. Lots of colleges
offer them for students looking for advanced placement later.

So did you graduate from Michigan State with an actual degree?

No. The session was for advanced High School students with some jounalism
experience, like being a school paper editor. Like many such courses, they
were a good introduction to college level studies and very useful towards
acceptance at another college, often for advanced placement.

If so,
why don't you come out and say it? If not, why would you bother, after
all these many years, to roll out your ultimately insignificant
"certificate of achievement"? Inquiring minds want to know...

.... because the site is, in part, a biography. And the course is one of the
things I did.

Old September 26th 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default why?

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 04:18:57 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey Tardo, on that rather sad exercise in narcissism that you call
your "website",

Obviously, you have no achievements you ar eproud of. I do.

... because the site is, in part, a biography. And the course is one of the
things I did.

I wish I understood this obession people have with your life

"one useless man is disgrace 2 become a law firm 3 or more become a congress"
adams

woger you are a Congress all in your own head

http://kb9rqz.bravejournal.com/

and get ou the newly recovered KB9RQZ.blogspot.com as well

Old September 26th 07, 07:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 26, 12:18 am, wrote:

I wish I understood this obession people have with your life

Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds
Discuss People. That sums it up.

A.W.S.
President
GLT Shortwave Club

Old September 26th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 26, 12:18 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

ups.com...

Hey Tardo, on that rather sad exercise in narcissism that you call
your "website",

Obviously, you have no achievements you ar eproud of. I do.

Actually, I have plenty achievements I'm proud of, but I don't expect
other people to be impressed by the certificate I received upon
completion of kindergarden.

you say you spent some time in college-level
journalism seminars at Michigan State University, and you display an
image of something that LOOKS like a diploma, but which you refer to
as a "certificate of achievement".

It was a summer course of study, not a 4 year program. Lots of colleges
offer them for students looking for advanced placement later.

So did you graduate from Michigan State with an actual degree?

No. The session was for advanced High School students with some jounalism
experience, like being a school paper editor. Like many such courses, they
were a good introduction to college level studies and very useful towards
acceptance at another college, often for advanced placement.

Fascinating.

If so,
why don't you come out and say it? If not, why would you bother, after
all these many years, to roll out your ultimately insignificant
"certificate of achievement"? Inquiring minds want to know...

... because the site is, in part, a biography. And the course is one of the
things I did.

Yes, and a pretty minor thing, but it did result in something that
looks a lot like a diploma. In fact, it looks so much like a diploma
that you could reasonably expect a good proportion of visitors to your
site to see it and think it is a diploma.

Very interesting...

Old September 26th 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 26, 1:49 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 04:18:57 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hey Tardo, on that rather sad exercise in narcissism that you call
your "website",

Obviously, you have no achievements you ar eproud of. I do.

... because the site is, in part, a biography. And the course is one of
the
things I did.

I wish I understood this obession people have with your life

It goes back to my criticizing the DX community, an earned right, for
becoming anti radio instead of the traditional radio devotees that earlier
typified the hobby. To feel good, a few here need to discredit me to justify
their hatred of broadcasters who, at the end of the day, benefit not a bit
from DXers today.- Hide quoted text -

No, Tardo, we're simply jealous of your 'certificate of achievement'.

Old September 26th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Steve" wrote in message

[...]

That's our Edweenie!

Old September 26th 07, 01:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 04:18:57 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hey Tardo, on that rather sad exercise in narcissism that you call
your "website",

Obviously, you have no achievements you ar eproud of. I do.

... because the site is, in part, a biography. And the course is one of
the
things I did.

I wish I understood this obession people have with your life

It goes back to my criticizing the DX community, an earned right,

"An earned right"? What exactly did you do to earn this right? Surely
anyone can criticize the DX community if they want to.

for
becoming anti radio instead of the traditional radio devotees that earlier
typified the hobby.

Who are the non-traditional devotees that, in your mind, today typify
'the hobby'?

To feel good, a few here need to discredit me to justify
their hatred of broadcasters who, at the end of the day, benefit not a bit
from DXers today.- Hide quoted text -

No, Tardo, If I want to 'feel good', I'll just create a biographical
website showing the whole world all of the little gold stars I
received on my elementary school report cards.

And nope, I don't hate broadcasters who happen not to benefit from my
Dxing. Nor do I hate carpenters or plumbers or tax attorneys who fail
to benefit from my DXing. Why should my DXing benefit anyone other
than me? It is, after all, a hobby, not a charity.

Old September 26th 07, 01:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 26, 2:21 am, wrote:
On Sep 26, 12:18 am, wrote:

I wish I understood this obession people have with your life

Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds
Discuss People. That sums it up.

A.W.S.
President
GLT Shortwave Club

And truly vapid minds are content to simply sum things up.

Old September 26th 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 26, 2:21 am, wrote:
On Sep 26, 12:18 am, wrote:

I wish I understood this obession people have with your life

I'm primarily interested in why Tardo has such a big chip on his
shoulder. When his 'chip' is combined with his website, which
illustrates an undeniable need to compensate for some perceived
inadequacy or shortcoming, it is clear that the appropriate attitude
to take with Tardo is a clinical one.

So Tardo, can you tell us more about your college experiences? Where/
when did you go to college and what was your social life like at that
particular stage of life?