Old October 2nd 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default HOW MANY people listen to Distant (100 mile) AM at night?

How many times have you heard someone say?

www.devilfinder.com that Song.
cuhulin

Old October 2nd 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 1:56 am, SFTV_troy wrote:

My spell checker recommends "Ass" for "dxAce".

(That was too easy.)

He don't got one. He always be bragging dat he laffed it off after
using it for F'ing. That is also why he is so full of sh*t. It ain't
got nowhere to go, except maybe out his mouth.

Old October 2nd 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

" wrote:

On Oct 2, 1:56 am, SFTV_troy wrote:

My spell checker recommends "Ass" for "dxAce".

(That was too easy.)

He don't got one. He always be bragging dat he laffed it off after
using it for F'ing. That is also why he is so full of sh*t. It ain't
got nowhere to go, except maybe out his mouth.

I hope not, 'cause then I'd be just like you!

Old October 2nd 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Tall balled headed Crag.He done parked his motorhome in skinny twin
sister's back yard, he said he works off shore too.Craig wanted to know
if if I have a piece of four by eight plywood.

Hold on a minute, Craig,,, let me put my little doggy up and we will go
see.Biggest old piece of plywood I had was about two by four feet.Craig
said he can use it.I told him, Anytime, scootch around back there and
get whatever wood he needs.
cuhulin

Old October 2nd 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
wrote in message

There is data for every hour of the day, but licensed only for use by
Arbitron subscribers. It takes a couple of clicks to get a Midnight to 6 AM
ranker or table. In fact, many stations in large metros with lots of shift
workers consider the prime morning drive time to begin at 5 AM, and they do
a 5 AM to 10 AM drive time table for sales.

If you have that information, please share. How many AM listeners are
there during the 8 to midnight hours?

Old October 2nd 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 1, 1:18 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

If a station wants to see an adjacent market, or even a distant one,
they would have to subscribe to the other market reports...
which given the cost vs. no benefits, they seldom do.

And so AM clearchannels really DON'T care about distant markets. They
don't even bother to look (too expensive).

Old October 2nd 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I have a piece of a one.Probally only a little tickler for the wimmins.
cuhulin

Old October 2nd 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
ups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
wrote in message

There is data for every hour of the day, but licensed only for use by
Arbitron subscribers. It takes a couple of clicks to get a Midnight to 6
AM
ranker or table. In fact, many stations in large metros with lots of
shift
workers consider the prime morning drive time to begin at 5 AM, and they
do
a 5 AM to 10 AM drive time table for sales.

If you have that information, please share. How many AM listeners are
there during the 8 to midnight hours?

Where? To what station? In what market? AQH listeners, cume listeners, MSA
listeners, DMA listeners?

Old October 2nd 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 1, 1:18 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

If a station wants to see an adjacent market, or even a distant one,
they would have to subscribe to the other market reports...
which given the cost vs. no benefits, they seldom do.

And so AM clearchannels really DON'T care about distant markets. They
don't even bother to look (too expensive).

And no returns.

A good example: 40% or more of the Riverside San Bernardino audience is
listening at any given time to LA stations. 3 of the top 5 stations there
are usually LA stations. But LA stations do not sell advertising there,
because the market is about 30th in the US, and spots go for $100 or less.
In LA, the top radio market for revenue, spots can be sold for way over
$1000 each. Why sell a $100 buck ad when you can sell for over a grand each?

Old October 2nd 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 3:16 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
wrote in message

There is data for every hour of the day, but licensed only for use by
Arbitron subscribers. It takes a couple of clicks to get a
Midnight to 6 AM ranker or table.

If you have that information, please share. How many AM
listeners are there during the 8 to midnight hours?

Where? To what station? In what market? AQH listeners,
cume listeners, MSA listeners, DMA listeners?

I don't really care. Just pick some random market, 8 pm to midnight,
and AQH Share. I just want a rough estimate of how many spend their
evenings listening to AM.

Thank you.