Old October 1st 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default WABC's HD/IBOC destroying reception in the Poconos!

"Left in the dark"

"Local ratings show that plenty of Pocono listeners tune in to AM 770.
But about two weeks ago, WABC radio became impossible to hear in the
Poconos after sundown. And although the daytime signal is still
strong, WABC it is not likely to he heard here in the dark again. What
happened. An advancement in broadcast technology. WABC flipped the
switch for HD Radio. Something many stations are doing with, so far,
little notice from the public."

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...LENT/710010324

Old October 2nd 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 1, 6:02?pm, dxAce wrote:
wrote:
"Left in the dark"

"Local ratings show that plenty of Pocono listeners tune in to AM 770.
But about two weeks ago, WABC radio became impossible to hear in the
Poconos after sundown. And although the daytime signal is still
strong, WABC it is not likely to he heard here in the dark again. What
happened. An advancement in broadcast technology. WABC flipped the
switch for HD Radio. Something many stations are doing with, so far,
little notice from the public."

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...20071001/LOCAL...

Just like Edweenie, IBOC sucks.

I'm surprised that he hasn't jumped in here, screaming that no one
matters outside of protected contours.

Old October 2nd 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 1, 6:02?pm, dxAce wrote:
wrote:
"Left in the dark"

"Local ratings show that plenty of Pocono listeners tune in to AM 770.
But about two weeks ago, WABC radio became impossible to hear in the
Poconos after sundown. And although the daytime signal is still
strong, WABC it is not likely to he heard here in the dark again. What
happened. An advancement in broadcast technology. WABC flipped the
switch for HD Radio. Something many stations are doing with, so far,
little notice from the public."

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...20071001/LOCAL...

Just like Edweenie, IBOC sucks.

Interesting that the daytime signal can be heard, but no nighttime
signal - anyway, I emailed the article to WABC, not that it matters...

Old October 2nd 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 1, 6:02?pm, dxAce wrote:
wrote:
"Left in the dark"

"Local ratings show that plenty of Pocono listeners tune in to AM 770.
But about two weeks ago, WABC radio became impossible to hear in the
Poconos after sundown. And although the daytime signal is still
strong, WABC it is not likely to he heard here in the dark again. What
happened. An advancement in broadcast technology. WABC flipped the
switch for HD Radio. Something many stations are doing with, so far,
little notice from the public."

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...20071001/LOCAL...

Just like Edweenie, IBOC sucks.

I'm surprised that he hasn't jumped in here, screaming that no one
matters outside of protected contours.

No, the PD of WABC already said it.

Old October 2nd 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Oct 1, 6:02?pm, dxAce wrote:
wrote:
"Left in the dark"

"Local ratings show that plenty of Pocono listeners tune in to AM 770.
But about two weeks ago, WABC radio became impossible to hear in the
Poconos after sundown. And although the daytime signal is still
strong, WABC it is not likely to he heard here in the dark again. What
happened. An advancement in broadcast technology. WABC flipped the
switch for HD Radio. Something many stations are doing with, so far,
little notice from the public."

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...20071001/LOCAL...

Just like Edweenie, IBOC sucks.

Interesting that the daytime signal can be heard, but no nighttime
signal - anyway, I emailed the article to WABC, not that it matters...

Phil Boyce, PD of WABC, which just had the second highest book in the last 7
years, already said it did not matter.

Old October 2nd 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 1, 8:34?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

On Oct 1, 6:02?pm, dxAce wrote:
wrote:
"Left in the dark"

"Local ratings show that plenty of Pocono listeners tune in to AM 770.
But about two weeks ago, WABC radio became impossible to hear in the
Poconos after sundown. And although the daytime signal is still
strong, WABC it is not likely to he heard here in the dark again. What
happened. An advancement in broadcast technology. WABC flipped the
switch for HD Radio. Something many stations are doing with, so far,
little notice from the public."

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...20071001/LOCAL...

Just like Edweenie, IBOC sucks.

Interesting that the daytime signal can be heard, but no nighttime
signal - anyway, I emailed the article to WABC, not that it matters...

Phil Boyce, PD of WABC, which just had the second highest book in the last 7
years, already said it did not matter.- Hide quoted text -

Good - he has just ****ed off all of the "don't matter" listeners in
the Poconos! No wonder, your arrogant industry is headed into the
toilet!

Old October 2nd 07, 09:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Oct 1, 6:02?pm, dxAce wrote:
wrote:
"Left in the dark"

"Local ratings show that plenty of Pocono listeners tune in to AM 770.
But about two weeks ago, WABC radio became impossible to hear in the
Poconos after sundown. And although the daytime signal is still
strong, WABC it is not likely to he heard here in the dark again. What
happened. An advancement in broadcast technology. WABC flipped the
switch for HD Radio. Something many stations are doing with, so far,
little notice from the public."

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...20071001/LOCAL...

Just like Edweenie, IBOC sucks.

Interesting that the daytime signal can be heard, but no nighttime
signal - anyway, I emailed the article to WABC, not that it matters...

Phil Boyce, PD of WABC, which just had the second highest book in the last 7
years, already said it did not matter.

Book? Edweenie, you're stuck on stupid and locked on dumb.

And, your lecture is getting kinda old.

Old October 2nd 07, 09:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

--
William Smith
Indiana

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 1, 8:34?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

On Oct 1, 6:02?pm, dxAce wrote:
wrote:
[...]

The shame of it is that the media companies that own the AM stations don't
really know who listens and from where. So much for interesting and
expanding program base.

So much for the Clear Channel concept which would be very useful in the case
of REAL NATIONAL EMERGENCY. Considering that most of the AM superstations
can cover at least half the country if not more, I wonder what they will do
if TSHTF.

I'm certainly not waiting for it or hoping but you know, I find it ironic
that they are going to **** can AM clear channel broadcasting. Especially in
the light of Hurricane Katrina and every other disaster that has hit the
country over the years. I wonder if these useless *******s have ever
considered the national emergency scenario.

Like the case in New Orleans where some of the best information transfers
and information clearinghouse came from WWL 870. Which to Mr. Dwardo can be
heard over a great deal of the country. I'm sure that doesn't matter as
profits reign over the consumer or people in general.

Interestingly, they use statistics that say that their listenership base is
this or that. However, I wonder if they really know how many outside of the
major metros listen to night time AM. I don't care what some so called book
of statistics says because statistics can say anything you want it to.

However, I find it blatantly stupid to sabotage one of the greatest means of
long distance communication we have in this nation which is the clear
channel broadcasting system.

I guess it helps the media conglomerates and the government in that they
can centalize information further. That way if TSHTF no one knows when the
satellite dishes take a hit from Chinese space missiles or some other
country using an EMP device.