Old October 2nd 07, 11:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AM Ratings after 7pm - How many are listening?

I looked on arbitron.com, but they don't share that info with the
public.

Anybody know?

Old October 2nd 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 6:57?am, wrote:
I looked on arbitron.com, but they don't share that info with the
public.

Anybody know?

Why do you want to know - say "Hi" to Struble for me!

PocketRadio / 700WLW / SayNoToIBOC

Old October 2nd 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 2, 6:57?am, wrote:
I looked on arbitron.com, but they don't share that info with the
public.

Anybody know?

Why do you want to know - say "Hi" to Struble for me!

Only subscribers get this data. It is not licensed only for sales and
programming purposes. Struble does not work for Arbitron.

Old October 2nd 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 6:57 am, wrote:
I looked on arbitron.com, but they don't share that info with the
public.

Anybody know?

There are very few listening now. Since HD AM broadcasts began last
month, there's just not much there to listen to. However, there are a
lot of people listening via the internet.

Old October 2nd 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 03:57:05 -0700, wrote:

I looked on arbitron.com, but they don't share that info with the
public.

Anybody know?

Apparently the only people who listen during prime time TV are snooty
intellectuals who read books and clean guns.

Old October 3rd 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 9:54?am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On Oct 2, 6:57?am, wrote:
I looked on arbitron.com, but they don't share that info with the
public.

Anybody know?

Why do you want to know - say "Hi" to Struble for me!

Only subscribers get this data. It is not licensed only for sales and
programming purposes. Struble does not work for Arbitron.

"News/Talk/Sports:Radio's Last Bastion"

"Music FMs of any flavor are utterly screwed... Right now -- while FMs
are losing the music audience to new media -- satellite radio is
offering more News/Talk/Sports programming than we can fit on AM
radio..."

http://ftp.media.radcity.net/ZMST/daily/IS031005.htm

Struble works for the FCC.

Old October 3rd 07, 10:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 2, 7:42 pm, wrote:
On Oct 2, 9:54?am, "David Eduardo" wrote:

wrote in message

oups.com...

On Oct 2, 6:57?am, wrote:
I looked on arbitron.com, but they don't share that info with the
public.

Anybody know?

Why do you want to know - say "Hi" to Struble for me!

Only subscribers get this data. It is not licensed only for sales and
programming purposes. Struble does not work for Arbitron.

"News/Talk/Sports:Radio's Last Bastion"

"Music FMs of any flavor are utterly screwed... Right now -- while FMs
are losing the music audience to new media -- satellite radio is
offering more News/Talk/Sports programming than we can fit on AM
radio..."

- http://ftp.media.radcity.net/ZMST/daily/IS031005.htm

Struble works for the FCC.

PR,

After Reading the Link/URL and Thinking About It
-IF- Most of the AM/MW Radio Stations that I like to
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...d4b1b90e57ec26
Listen-To when to had a simulcast on the FM Radio Band
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulcast
-or- Transitioned to the FM Band : I could most likely hear
then all better both Day and Night up here beyond the
10mv/m Contour in Twain Harte, CA.

KSFO 560 kHz
KMJ 580 kHz
KSTE 650 kHz
KCBS 740 kHz
KGO 810 kHz
KMPH 840 kHz
KVIN 920 kHz
KNEW 910 kHz
KQKE 960 kHz
KSRO 1350 kHz
KFBK 1530 kHz

Even more reason to convert the old Analog TV Channels
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_high_frequency
5 and 6 over to an Expanded FM Radio Band {76-88 MHz}
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM_radio
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM_broadcast_band
http://www.cs.iit.edu/~wan/lecture2.pdf

~ RHF
Old October 3rd 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 3, 4:47 am, RHF wrote:

Even more reason to convert the old Analog TV http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_high_frequency
5 and 6 over to an Expanded FM Radio Band

What the hell are you talking about? Channels 5 and 6 are *already
occupied* by ATSC DTV channels. I routinely watch channel 6 out of
Philadelphia, and you are NOT going to take it away from me. TV is
more important than some fm station.

(Besides the TV was there *first* and has a right to stay there.)

It's bad enough we lost UHF channels 51 and up. Now you want the FCC
to take away channels 5-6 too? **** that idea.

Old October 4th 07, 06:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 3, 4:40 am, wrote:
On Oct 3, 4:47 am, RHF wrote:

Even more reason to convert the old Analog TVhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_high_frequency
5 and 6 over to an Expanded FM Radio Band

What the hell are you talking about? Channels 5 and 6 are *already
occupied* by ATSC DTV channels. I routinely watch channel 6 out of
Philadelphia, and you are NOT going to take it away from me. TV is
more important than some fm station.

(Besides the TV was there *first* and has a right to stay there.)

It's bad enough we lost UHF channels 51 and up. Now you want the FCC
to take away channels 5-6 too? **** that idea.

SFTV - Open Mouth Insert Foot. ~ RHF
Old October 4th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 3, 7:40 am, wrote:
On Oct 3, 4:47 am, RHF wrote:

Even more reason to convert the old Analog TVhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_high_frequency
5 and 6 over to an Expanded FM Radio Band

What the hell are you talking about? Channels 5 and 6 are *already
occupied* by ATSC DTV channels. I routinely watch channel 6 out of
Philadelphia, and you are NOT going to take it away from me. TV is
more important than some fm station.

(Besides the TV was there *first* and has a right to stay there.)

It's bad enough we lost UHF channels 51 and up. Now you want the FCC
to take away channels 5-6 too? **** that idea.

Hmmm. Sounds like you don't like the idea of someone going in and
messing up that particular piece of spectrum, huh?

Well, now you know how WE feel. Take it and suck on it!