Old October 5th 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default What quick painless ways are there to learn morse code?...

David wrote:
You learn by hearing:

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...prodid=MFJ-413

Some people can, some can't. I tried for 29 years and finally found
out that I could not learn by listening.

I'm very out of practice now, but thanks to learning with Code Quick
and "upgrading" wih Jerry Zilliack's 35pwm words tape I was able to
copy 35WPM in my head.

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/
Old October 5th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Yep, Morse Code is an Alphabet.Check with a Boy Scouts club or an
Amateur Radio club or CB radio club near you.See can you get a little
plastic card (you will need a practice key too and something to hook it
up to that makes the audible sounds) that has the Morse Code on
there.Alternativley, I think) you can look up the Morse Code on the
internet and practice with your computer keyboard.Sometimes, if you put
a radio near your keyboard and turn up the sound and tune to an empty
space between stations, you can hear the dits and dahs.I know it works
with my WebTV.
cuhulin

Old October 5th 07, 02:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Old October 6th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 12:59:10 +0000 (UTC), (Geoffrey
S. Mendelson) wrote:

David wrote:
You learn by hearing:

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...prodid=MFJ-413

Some people can, some can't. I tried for 29 years and finally found
out that I could not learn by listening.

I'm very out of practice now, but thanks to learning with Code Quick
and "upgrading" wih Jerry Zilliack's 35pwm words tape I was able to
copy 35WPM in my head.

Geoff.

If you learn wrong first (e.g. Boy Scouts) it's much more difficult to
learn by sound.
Old October 6th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David wrote:

If you learn wrong first (e.g. Boy Scouts) it's much more difficult to learn by sound.

In my case it was what is now clasified as a learning disability.

However Code Quick works for everyone.

Old October 6th 07, 08:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 17:59:06 +0000 (UTC), (Geoffrey
S. Mendelson) wrote:

David wrote:

If you learn wrong first (e.g. Boy Scouts) it's much more difficult to learn by sound.

In my case it was what is now clasified as a learning disability.

However Code Quick works for everyone.

Geoff.

Perhaps you could favor us with a hyperlink.
Old October 6th 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I taught myself when I was 12. Found code characters in dictionary.
Took a few weeks. Got a code oscillator. Sent to myself. Takes a
little regular discipline and practice. It's not the impossible task
that today's ham radio wannabees make it out to be.