Old October 10th 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default This is a joke:"BSWLFH"

Not all RFI problems can be solved with diplomacy or simple filters.

I had a "local" CBer/freebander. His 27MHz signal had spurs well
down into the lower HF. Since the FCC is only interested in selling
RF spectrum, and the local police were unable or unwilling to
intervene
I needed to take some drastic action. A couple of calls suggesting
his
involvement with the meth trade resulted in him losing his interest in
CB.

Hint: a 5lb Freon container full of anhydrous ammonia, a half gallon
of acetone, a bunch of lithium batteries and 100 packs of "pseudo
ephedrine" left discreetly under a bush next to his home gave him
a whole new set of communication issues to ponder. The fact he
had some meth on him didn't help his claims of a frame up.

Noisy street lights can be quieted by the careful application of
a CO2 driven BB. The ones protected by a Lexan globe require
a .22.

Noisy transformers and insulators require a more powerful technique.
I often find a suppressed .223 does wonders. But every now and then
I come across a really tough transformer that requires a more
substantial
bullet, for these I have found a .308 does the trick.

Noisy substations require a more drastic option. It simple takes too
long
to silence every RFI source so a more drastic solution is needed.
Several
Molotov's properly deployed general work nicely.

Leaky CATV systems may require drastic action as in cutting down their
poles or climbing up and using a winch to pull a large section of
their coax.

Sadly not all RFI solutions have nice technical fixes.

The ******* SWL From Hell
The idea was stolen from the BOFH series. Simon was a great
instructor.
All of the above incidents were fantasies inspired by the stress of
trying to
solve some really tough RFI problems with people who, at best, could
be
described as clueless.

www.theregister.co.uk/odds/bofh

The only truth was the CBer was busted for meth use and "possession
with intent to sale".

And I had nothing to do with his bust.

Really, I mean it, I don't know who tipped the police......

Terry

Old October 10th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 10, 11:05 am, IBOCcrock wrote:

WTF?

A serious approach to RFI mitigation,

Also a joke

Terry

Old October 10th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 10, 11:23 am, wrote:
On Oct 10, 11:05 am, IBOCcrock wrote:

WTF?

A serious approach to RFI mitigation,

Also a joke

Terry

Have you ever been laid?

Old October 11th 07, 08:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 10, 9:35 am, IBOCcrock wrote:
On Oct 10, 11:23 am, wrote:

On Oct 10, 11:05 am, IBOCcrock wrote:

WTF?

A serious approach to RFI mitigation,

Also a joke

Terry

Have you ever been laid?

IBOC - Have You Been Potted ? -because- Clearly You Are Crocked !