Old October 15th 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default ( OT ) large Moulins in Greenland causing an Alarm

On Oct 14, 1:29 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,

dxAce wrote:
" wrote:

http://global-warming.accuweather.co..._moulin_1.html

Professor Robert Correll, chairman of the Arctic Climate Impact
Assessment

http://www.acia.uaf.edu/

said that newly invented ice penetrating radar showed that the melt
water was pouring through to the bottom of the glacier creating a melt
water lake 500 metres deep causing the glacier "to float on land.
"These melt water rivers are lubricating the glacier, like applying
oil to a surface and causing it to slide into the sea. It is causing a
massive acceleration which could be catastrophic."

Correll stated that one particular glacier puts enough fresh water
into the sea in one day to provide drinking water for a city the size
of New York for a year.

Correll believes that the estimates of a 20 to 60 centimeter sea level
rise this century from the IPCC report in February had been
"conservative" and feels that it would be at the upper end of this
range at a minimum. Some scientists fear that number could be 2 metres
(200 centimeters), which would obviously have catastrophic effects for
European and U.S. coastlines.

Howash. This has all happened before and is part of a very large cycle.

Take your man-made global warming on a long hike.

To late DxAce, Al Gore turned man made global warming into a religion.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California- Hide quoted text -

Had an interesting discussion with some friends Friday nite about Gore
winning the Nobel prize. I'm still not sure what he won for. My
friend was contending that he increased awareness of global warming -
my question was - so has the hole in the ozone gotten smaller - are
emissions down by any noticiable percentage.?? And I followed with "
if we were going to award the ENVIRONMENTALIST OF THE YEAR to
someone, I'm sure there are others out there more deserving. He
wanted to know who I had in mind - and was blaming my dislike on Gore
as a REPUBLICAN/DEMOCRAT issue. Trouble is: I do know someone who has
done more to promote environmental health than Gore ever will be able
to do. He finally told me he was bored by the discussion. But I'm
still wondering why GORE got the award. Maybe someone can help me
with that?:?

Old October 15th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article .com,
" wrote:

On Oct 14, 1:29 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,

dxAce wrote:
" wrote:

[...]

Simple. Liberal man of the year.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old October 15th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Gore gets carbon credits everytime he belches and farts.
cuhulin

Old October 15th 07, 10:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 14, 4:24 pm, "
wrote:
On Oct 14, 1:29 pm, Telamon

wrote:
In article ,

dxAce wrote:
" wrote:

[...]

with that?:?- Hide quoted text -

Gore Ain't Bush -in nobel speak- Gore Good : Bush Evil
Old October 15th 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Simple. Liberal man of the year.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

A few things were ( Possibly ) wrong in Gores film;

The shrinking glaciers on Killamenjaro are Probably due to land use
changes;

- People cutting down rain forest, which generated moisture to feed
them, replacing it with farm land which doesn't
put out that much moisture;

But over all, I believe hes right; the planet is heating up, due to
mans activities.

- And it isn't just C02 . Deforestation is changing how the planet
stores / releases sunlight.

expect more deforestation to result in hotter, drier weather in parts
of the world that were tropical.

This will add heat to the atmosphere, slowly heating up the oceans,
which will slightly expand;
etc.

- but what's a foot or two rise in sea level, anyway? Doesn't affect
you;

right ?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...l_warming.html

Old October 15th 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

" wrote:

Simple. Liberal man of the year.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

A few things were ( Possibly ) wrong in Gores film;

The shrinking glaciers on Killamenjaro are Probably due to land use
changes;

- People cutting down rain forest, which generated moisture to feed
them, replacing it with farm land which doesn't
put out that much moisture;

But over all, I believe hes right; the planet is heating up, due to
mans activities.

Wrong! Al Gore is mentally ill, and if you believe him, you may be in the same
boat.

But hey, the practice of religion is un-fettered here in the USofA, so enjoy!

Old October 15th 07, 12:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,5559471.story

Gore's recital of climate facts in his movie "An Inconvenient Truth"
contains some flaws, but most experts agree he is correct on the
biggest point: The earth is on a path toward a perilously warm climate
and the release of greenhouse gases is playing a key role.

Old October 15th 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

" wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,5559471.story

Gore's recital of climate facts in his movie "An Inconvenient Truth"
contains some flaws, but most experts agree he is correct on the
biggest point: The earth is on a path toward a perilously warm climate
and the release of greenhouse gases is playing a key role.

Guess you'd better hunker in your bunker.

Now go away, and leave the shortwaves to the big boys.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 15th 07, 01:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 15, 7:53 am, dxAce wrote:
" wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...e-scienceoct13,...

Gore's recital of climate facts in his movie "An Inconvenient Truth"
contains some flaws, but most experts agree he is correct on the
biggest point: The earth is on a path toward a perilously warm climate
and the release of greenhouse gases is playing a key role.

Guess you'd better hunker in your bunker.

- Bunkers get flooded ! Only a fool would build a bunker to escape
Rising sea levels..

Not much on Shortwave right now

Good show on NPR / about Rising Sea Levels in Bangaldesh and their
impact

Old October 15th 07, 01:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

" wrote:

On Oct 15, 7:53 am, dxAce wrote:
" wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...e-scienceoct13,...

Gore's recital of climate facts in his movie "An Inconvenient Truth"
contains some flaws, but most experts agree he is correct on the
biggest point: The earth is on a path toward a perilously warm climate
and the release of greenhouse gases is playing a key role.

Guess you'd better hunker in your bunker.

- Bunkers get flooded ! Only a fool would build a bunker to escape
Rising sea levels..

Not much on Shortwave right now

Good show on NPR / about Rising Sea Levels in Bangaldesh and their
impact

Heck, I heard a show the other day about k00ks and religious zealots...

Seek help.

Navy causing Noise/interference? Radioman390 Shortwave 1 June 17th 04 02:10 AM
Greenland - Interesting! N8KDV Shortwave 1 April 7th 04 10:46 PM
Greenland N8KDV Shortwave 28 March 6th 04 07:16 AM
Greenland-Interval Signal N8KDV Shortwave 4 January 24th 04 11:28 PM
Randy causing trouble again Prince Charming CB 1 January 8th 04 02:17 AM