Old October 19th 07, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Good Question (super glue)

Fixing the case on a radio and I got super glue on my fingers, how do I get
it off???

Burr

Old October 19th 07, 05:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That has happened to me before.When it dried, I bit it off with what few
teeth I have, I am always chewing my fingernails anyway.Otherwise, it
will fall off/wear off by itself after a while.Best thing though is two
part Epoxy Resin like the kind that is used for fiberglassing.I haven't
used any superglue in about thiry years, I don't like that damn stuff,
superglue.
cuhulin

Old October 19th 07, 05:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I don't use a brush when I fiberglass something.I smear it on with my
bare fingers, then I clean my fingers off with a rag and Acetone.Works
like a charm.
cuhulin

Old October 19th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:52:14 +0800, "Burr"
wrote:

Fixing the case on a radio and I got super glue on my fingers, how do I
get
it off???

Burr

The top layer of skin will shed, with glue attached. Try some Lava
soap maybe.

It's all gone David, thanks. I was working in the rose garden and the water
sweat and dirt got it gone.

Thanks.

Burr

Old October 19th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Fingernail remover usually works for me. It's readily available in small
amounts and doesn't have the fumes that some other potential solvents do.

Best to use cheap latex? gloves when using super glue. Otherwise no matter
how hard I try, I always get some on my skin.

Old October 19th 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 19, 7:33 am, "Long time Ham" wrote:
Fingernail remover usually works for me. It's readily available in small
amounts and doesn't have the fumes that some other potential solvents do.

Best to use cheap latex? gloves when using super glue. Otherwise no matter
how hard I try, I always get some on my skin.

I usually just get one those coarse sand files they sell at drugstores
for fake nails - that'll grind it off just fine.

Bruce Jensen

Old October 20th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Burr" wrote in message

Fixing the case on a radio and I got super glue on my fingers, how do I
get
it off???

Acetone - nail polish remover.

Old October 20th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You are not suppose to get Acetone on your bare fingers and don't be
sniffing the vapors either.But who cares about that? I don't.
cuhulin