Old October 19th 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Heard KIDO 580 kHz @ 7 AM

Briefly heard KIDO with Station ID on 580 kHz 5 KW
from Boise, ID @ 7 AM over KMJ-AM Fresno, CA
about 500 Miles to the North.

KIDO 580 kHz = http://www.580kido.com/
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...=KIDO&sr=Y&s=C
http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/amq?list=0&facid=17396

Then back to the Blinking Blue Light from KMJ 580 kHz
50 KW in Fresno, CA about 100 Miles to the South.
KMJ 580 kHz = http://www.kmj580.com/
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...l=KMJ&sr=Y&s=C

With Three Exceptions - I Ask Myself : What IBOC ?
All I See Is The Blinking Blue Light !
In That Distant Land* Where IBOC Fears To Go :
Life Exists and Radio Listeners Live Beyond the 10mv/m Contour.
* Twain Harte, CA -USA-
Radi-Osophy HD-100 Radio
Single-Turn 70-Foot Triangle Loop Antenna
Old October 20th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I recently got AM580 CKUA Edmonton Alberta on my radio in Winnipeg Manitoba.
It was around 7:30 in the morning, but it only lasted less than 5 min. It
came in so clear that I thought it was a local specialty AM station CJML
that was broadcasting temporarily, but then I heard the station call
letters.

"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...
Briefly heard KIDO with Station ID on 580 kHz 5 KW
from Boise, ID @ 7 AM over KMJ-AM Fresno, CA
about 500 Miles to the North.

KIDO 580 kHz = http://www.580kido.com/
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...=KIDO&sr=Y&s=C
http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/amq?list=0&facid=17396

Then back to the Blinking Blue Light from KMJ 580 kHz
50 KW in Fresno, CA about 100 Miles to the South.
KMJ 580 kHz = http://www.kmj580.com/
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...l=KMJ&sr=Y&s=C

With Three Exceptions - I Ask Myself : What IBOC ?
All I See Is The Blinking Blue Light !
In That Distant Land* Where IBOC Fears To Go :
Life Exists and Radio Listeners Live Beyond the 10mv/m Contour.
* Twain Harte, CA -USA-
Radi-Osophy HD-100 Radio
Single-Turn 70-Foot Triangle Loop Antenna
.
hy dee ray dee oh ~ RHF
Hello and Welcome to the "HD Radio" NewsGroup
HD RADIO = http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/
.

Old October 22nd 07, 10:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I saw this post and decided to give a listen myself since I would be driving
home from work around 11:30pm. Saturday night, I caught an ID at the bottom
of the hour then went into Coast to Coast AM. Not a bad catch on the car
radio while driving along the suburbs of Las Vegas, NV.

Jeff

"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Heard on BBC... Larry Dighera Shortwave 29 May 6th 07 08:28 PM
Heard on BBC... Rod Steel Shortwave 1 April 29th 07 03:05 PM
Just heard this on the BBC ( 5.975 ) Diverd4777 Shortwave 2 February 10th 04 11:07 AM
Anybody actually heard "BIG AL" on the air? W3HY Antenna 0 September 25th 03 04:59 AM