Old October 22nd 07, 03:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Speech intelligibility??

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:42:33 -0700, wrote:

Recently someone in this group wanted information on speech
intelligibility.
http://www.isvr.co.uk/index.htm

Some background information:
http://www.meyersound.com/support/papers/speech/appen.htm

Terry

You can't hear without echoes.
Old October 23rd 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 22, 3:03 pm, David wrote:
On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:42:33 -0700, wrote:
Recently someone in this group wanted information on speech
intelligibility.
http://www.isvr.co.uk/index.htm

Some background information:
http://www.meyersound.com/support/papers/speech/appen.htm

Terry

You can't hear without echoes.

It has been a long night and longer day I am plain tired of idiots.
FOAD

Look up 'acoustic anechoic chamber' ;
Try wiki first http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Anechoic_chamber#Acoustic_anechoic_chambers.

Human speech is perfectly intelligible.

BTDT

If your attempt was one of humor, it was a flop, or your attempt
to educate simple showed you for the idiot that are.

It has been a long night and longer day I am plain tired of idiots.

FOAD

or

ESAD

I was merely trying to help a fellow SWL who needed to improve
"speech intelligibility".

PLONK

Terry

Old October 23rd 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:22:51 -0700, wrote:

On Oct 22, 3:03 pm, David wrote:
[...]

I may be an idiot, but I know more than you do about speech indoors.
Localization via reflections is an essential factor in decoding spoken
words.

Old October 23rd 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I need to go pee, (Gals) Move dog, let me get up off the couch.
cuhulin

Free speech Kim Policy 0 December 11th 05 04:06 PM
Free speech Asimov Antenna 0 December 11th 05 07:01 AM
FS:SPEECH PROSCESSOR SP1-A Kb9igg Swap 0 December 13th 03 04:55 AM
FS:SPEECH PROSCESSOR SP1-A Kb9igg Swap 0 December 10th 03 02:03 PM
FA: CPI SPEECH COMPRESSOR nukem Swap 0 November 5th 03 02:41 AM