Old October 31st 07, 10:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Let's Play Music Media Trick or Treat, Eduardo!

"Let's Play Music Media Trick or Treat?"

"Trick. Buy an HD radio and you get many new channels of music and
radio programming. No. Buy an HD radio and get taken for a fool. The
radio operators, however, won't be taken for fools. They're investing
relatively nothing in the future of HD (wisely for them) and propping
up the HD proponents with a meaningless HD initiative. (HD is the
equivalent of trick or treating and returning home with an Apple that
has a razor blade in it)."

"Trick. That diary-based radio ratings are more accurate and reliable
than the Portable People Meter. Are you kidding? I want to be WCBS-FM
when the PPM kicks in and they get credit for all the listeners
they've always had but were never recorded manually in the diary. (I
guess I'm saying the diary argument is the equivalent of a burning bag
of dog dirt that is thrown on the front porch of an old grumpy
person's house and when you ring the doorbell they run out and stomp
out the fire and the...well, you get the picture)."

http://insidemusicmedia.blogspot.com...-or-treat.html