Old October 31st 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Senior Member

Default Grundig G1 (Satellit 1000)

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/2001.html

Eton issued the following statement on 10/29/07:

Dear Valued Customers,

Recently, some information regarding the Grundig Satellit 1000/Grundig
G1 was publicized. This information was inaccurate, as Eton
Corporation's current plans do not include the introduction of this
unit in the foreseeable future, most certainly through 2007 and 2008.

As you may know, our E1 and E1XM units represent some of the
industry's best performing portable units, and have been awarded the
prestigious "Passport's Choice" award from International
Broadcasting's Passport to World Band Radio the last three years since
its introduction. We are dedicated to these units, and to continually
supporting our customers through the unit's innovations.

Thank you for your continued support and interest in Eton products.

Best regards,

Etón Corporation

Old October 31st 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 31, 9:18 am, junius wrote:
[...]

Junius,

I am still waiting . . . for news on the replacement for the
'Discontinued' Grundig Satellit Satellit 800 Millennium Radio
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0800.html

waiting, Waiting. WAITING ! ~ RHF
.

Old October 31st 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 31, 4:35 pm, RHF wrote:
On Oct 31, 9:18 am, junius wrote:

[...]

'Discontinued' Grundig Satellit Satellit 800 Millennium Radiohttp://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0800.html

waiting, Waiting. WAITING ! ~ RHF

I'm confused. I thought the E1 was the Satellit 800's successor. Is
that not right?

When GRUNDIG or SONY makes another high end portable, then wake me up.

Old November 1st 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

-
- When GRUNDIG or SONY makes another high end portable, then wake me
up.

Steve,

Grundig Satellit Radios :
http://www.geocities.com/grundig_satellit/

Larger Table Tops : 3400 600 650 {Eton} 800 Millennium

Smaller Portables : 300 400 500 700 900 {Eton E1XM}

Therefore the Number "1000" would be the next Number
in the 'Grundig Satellit' Brand Name Series . . .

NOTE - The Produce Development and Manufacturing usually
'alternated' between the Table Tops and the Portables in a
1~3 Year Cycle putting the 'replacement' Cycle at 3~6 Years :
The Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium Radio was released in
the Year '2000' -and- It's "Replacement" Radio is long overdue
{7-Years} in the Table Top Radio Market :
Where Fresh-and-New Sells Radios.

NOTE - The Eton E1XM Radio came out in the Year '2005' :
So it still has a Year or two left before it is 'old-news' and
sales drop-off.

Eton has used the Numbers '1', '5', '10', and '100'
in the 'Eton' "E" Series of Brand Named Radios
-and- All of these have been 'portable' Radios.

The replacement for the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium
could be a 'Grundig Satellit' -or- an 'Eton' -and-

Grundig Satellit : '1000', '1100', '1200', etc

Eton E {Portables} : 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, etc {Odd #s}

Eton E {Table Tops} : 2, 4, 6, 8, etc {Even #s}

Then there is the Tecsun S-2000 {Mini Version}
of the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium Radio
http://www.tecsun.com.cn/asp/ShowBod...urrent Page=1
? Could It Be The Replacement For The "800" ?

i c numb3rs ~ RHF
.