Old November 3rd 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Double V Shortwave Australia

Double V Shortwave Australia here

Can anyone here tell me please what they get on 2368.5
at the moment ?. What is that in meters?

Our Organisation is Vale Vision and we are
a print handicapped service in many languages
Our website is at
http://www.radio2doublev.org/

I m planning to use it from Fairfield NSW and Darwin
NT Australia with 1kw in English Mandarin Cantonese Samoan

Punjabi. Arabic Indian Greek Italian

Urdu Cambodian Lao

Thai Indonesian Turkish Assyrian Tagalog and Vietnamese. But will
anyone hear it?

These are the only private ones that exist now and they are all on
2368.5 . But do not transmit How can the
ACMA put them all on the same frequency?
Wont we need thwe best chance frequencies of our own?
-------------------

Here is what is licenced at the moment

Frequency (kHz) Station Location Tx Power (W) Content Reception
Approx. Distance (km)
2368.5 Radio Symban PEAKHURST, NSW Narrowcast - Greek Nil 1200
2368.5 Station X SOUTHPORT, QLD Narrowcast - Music from the 1960s
to today Nil 1900
2368.5 Craig Allen, GLENMORE PARK, NSW FANNIE BAY, NT Nil
TOWNSVILLE, QLD Nil
CRAIGIEBURN, VIC Nil
WEST SWAN, WA Nil
PARALOWIE, SA

maybe you or some of your members
can help./

.. We are interested in obtaining from the ACMA two shortwave
broadcasting licences
to broadcast 24/7 one to cover sydney and the other
Darwin and if possible some of Timor, Indonesia and PNG
.. Our Organisation is Vale Vision and we are
a print handicapped service in many languages
Our website is at
http://www.radio2doublev.org/

We will need to pay technicians or organisations to instal and
maintain the sites
to use a site in sydney and darwin
and the best option up there is AARDS?

The 4 transmitters will be from
http://www.transmitter.be/hcj-tb1000.html

Are they good units?

If you have any ideas or can suggest anything that will help we would
be grateful. By way of return we will havea weekly DX Show.

Our Studio is at Canley Vale N

What Frequency?

What Power?

Please cpntact us if you want to help
Double V Shortwave Australia

Kind Regards

Keith

Old November 3rd 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article . com,
"australia.radio.broadcast.moderated -" wrote:

Double V Shortwave Australia here

Can anyone here tell me please what they get on 2368.5
at the moment ?. What is that in meters?

That's the 120 meter band. This time of day on 120 meters is just noise.

Snip

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old November 3rd 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default "Tropical Band DXing"

On Nov 3, 10:22 am, "australia.radio.broadcast.moderated -"
wrote:
[...]

The 2368.5 kHz Frequency is in the 120 Metre "Tropical Band"
and at 1KW is simply used for Local Region Broadcasting which
can often run 24/7.
http://groups.google.com/group/short...1e56cc1504085a

Were we in California -USA- may have Noise all over the Band
at that UTC Time they may be in a Quiet Period in Australia.

Plus even on a Noisy Band -if- you are 'close enough'
{in Country} 1 KW will get through.

READ - "Tropical Band DXing" -by- Don Moore
http://donmoore.tripod.com/genbroad/tropical.htm
The Where, When, Why, What, and How of Tropical Band DXing

Check-Out - "Tropical Band Loggings" -source- NASWA Journal
http://www.naswa.net/journal/bycolum...ical-loggings/

Read -Tropical Band [Blogs] -source- WordPress.Com
http://wordpress.com/tag/tropical-band/

Check-Out - "Tropical-Band.Com"
http://www.geoo.de/trop/trope/includ...path=start.php
-source- Online HF-Frequency Database

SEARCH - The Shortwave DX Frequency List ©
DX WORLD = http://dxworld.com/cgi-bin/troplist?.
Search for Tropical Band and Rare Shortwave Radio Stations
-source- © 2000 Bob's Radio Web

$PPV$ - The "Tropical Band List" (TBL)
TBL = http://www.radio-portal.org/wp/tbl.html
Part A is Sorted by Frequency
Part B is Sorted by Countries

and now you know -cause- i just told you - iane ~ RHF
.

Old November 4th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Could we expect 30km Daytime????

To all much apprecited
Could we expect 30km Daytime
and what at night?

any ideas o the best portable receivers
for 120Meters ????

can often run 24/7.http://groups.google.com/group/short...eports/msg/de1...

Check-Out - "Tropical Band Loggings" -source- NASWA Journalhttp://www.naswa.net/journal/bycolumn/tropical-loggings/

Read -Tropical Band [Blogs] -source- WordPress.Comhttp://wordpress.com/tag/tropical-band/

Check-Out - "Tropical-Band.Com"http://www.geoo.de/trop/trope/include.php?path=start.php

Old November 4th 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

To all much apprecited

wrote:
[...]

Thats with 1kw

Old November 4th 07, 06:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"australia.radio.broadcast.moderated -" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Nov 4, 2:09 pm, "Burr" wrote:
Just Noise here in the Philippines.

0308z 11:28L

Burr
LW Slower "L"

can you hear Anything else on
120 metres and from where ?

Nope, nothing. 0636z

20 miles north of Manila.

Burr

Old November 4th 07, 12:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 4, 2:09 pm, "Burr" wrote:
Just Noise here in the Philippines.

0308z 11:28L

Burr
LW Slower "L"

can you hear Anything else on
120 metres and from where ?

This morning I can hear the ABC Northern Territory Service on 2310 (Alice
Springs), 2325 (Tennant Creek) and 2485 (Katherine) at 1240, with 2485 currently
the best.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 4th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 4, 2:09 pm, "Burr" wrote:
Just Noise here in the Philippines.

0308z 11:28L

Burr
LW Slower "L"

can you hear Anything else on
120 metres and from where ?

I don't spend much time below the 60 meter band but when I do there is
at a few NA stations WWCR, WWV, some hams, central and south America,
China, Korea, Japan. I have not caught anything from Australia or NZ on
those bands but I have not tried either.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old November 6th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

How far will the daylight groud wave go with 1kw
from the stick on 120 meters and what are the best trnsmitting aerials?

Old November 7th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article . com,
"australia.radio.broadcast.moderated -" wrote:

On Nov 6, 2:50 pm, "australia.radio.broadcast.moderated -"
wrote:
How far will the daylight groud wave go with 1kw
from the stick on 120 meters and what are the best trnsmitting aerials?

Grateful for info

The question is a little open ended. Theoretically the answer is forever
but you probably mean how far away can you have a usable signal.

You only stated the transmit power but you have to consider the path
losses and also the frequency. Generally in order to reduce ground
losses the signal should be vertically polarized. The distance will
improve when both the transmit and receive antennas are higher off the
ground.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California