Old November 13th 07, 11:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Solh

Any body trying to pick up Radio Solh starting at 1200z on 17700.

Burr

Old November 13th 07, 12:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Burr" wrote in message
Any body trying to pick up Radio Solh starting at 1200z on 17700.

Burr

I'm being over powered by
something on 17702 in Chinese "I think"
It started with Arabic music for the first 10 minutes then someone started
reading in "Chinese"

What does "Dari or Pashto sound like?
They just started playing something like Chinese music

Burr

Old November 13th 07, 01:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Burr" wrote in message
Any body trying to pick up Radio Solh starting at 1200z on 17700.

Burr

from about 1235 I have been getting Arabic music

it's 1304 now

Burr

Old November 13th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Burr,

I haven't been hearing R. Solh on 17700 for at least several weeks.
Now, I'm hearing it around 1300 UTC on 15265 (I think that's the
frequency, I'm not around my logs at the moment.) Remember, it's being
relayed out of Rampisham, UK, so that might not be as easy from your
location

Happy DXing,

Mike.

Old November 14th 07, 02:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Burr,

If you ever heard R Solh on 17700, that was also out of the UK. It's a
whopping 500kW, so it might be possible for you to hear them.

Mike

On Nov 13, 6:00 pm, "Burr" wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message

oups.com...

Burr,

Looking at the new HFCC list, the Arabic music is probably Voice of
Turkey. HFCC is not showing R. Solh on 17700 any longer.

Mike

On Nov 13, 8:05 am, "Burr" wrote:
"Burr" wrote in message

Any body trying to pick up Radio Solh starting at 1200z on 17700.

Burr

from about 1235 I have been getting Arabic music

it's 1304 now

Burr

Thanks Mike, If it's coming out of the UK then I would have a hard time
picking it up in my part of Asia.

I just thought I would work on it hard last night and see what I could do.

Maybe I'll try something after I get back from the gym.

Burr- Hide quoted text -