Old November 25th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Is Pacific Gas and Electric charging you a monthly fee forlistening to over-the-air radio?????!!!!!

This is an outrage!
Old November 25th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default The Great Debate : Free Internet Radio - It Ain't Free ! -while-Free Over-the-Air Radio Is FREE !

On Nov 24, 4:47 pm, Steve wrote:
On Nov 24, 6:50 pm, RHF wrote:

Steve,

The Great Debate : Free Internet Radio - It Ain't Free !
-while- Free Over-the-Air Radio Is FREE !
[ Arguing-the-Absurd ]

Question - Do You Pay For Internet Service {Access} ?

Of course I pay for internet access.

Hell No ! - I Have 'Free' Internet Access - * Its Free -and-
Therefore Your Internet Radio Too "Is Free" ! - Lucky You }

-OR- Are You Like the Vast Majority of Internet Users -and-
Must Honestly Say : Oh Yeah ! - I "Paid" For Internet Acce$$
- It Does Cost Me Money - Every Month / Every Year .
Therefore Your Internet Radio Too "Is Not Free" ! - Reality :-{
-cause- WIthout the Fees for Intenet Acce$$ : You would NOT
have Your Internet Radio as Part of the Acce$$ / $ervice [.]
-TBL- Internet Radio It Ain't Free [.]

Of course my internet access isn't free. Nor is the electricity that I
use to run my over the air radios. So what? You said that there is a
monthly fee SPECIFICALLY for listening to internet radio. I would
appreciate it if you would explain this, as I've yet to receive any
internet radio bills in the mail.

Now it is true that -if- you get your Internet Radio "At Work" :
It Cost You Nothing -but- Your Employer Is Paying For
Internet Acce$$.

Plus -if- you get your Internet Radio "Via WiFi" at StarBucks :
It Cost You Nothing -but- StarBucks Is Paying For Internet Acce$$.
-and- Your Two Dollar Cup-of-Coffee was Not Free.

Now 'At-Home' My Pocket AM/FM Radio -IS- "Free".
* Any Where Around The House Inside and Out.

Now 'At-Work' My Pocket AM/FM Radio -IS- "Free".
* Any Where In The Work Place.

Now 'In-Any-Store' My Pocket AM/FM Radio -IS- "Free".
* Any Where Throughout The Mall - StarBucks included.

Now 'In-the-Car' My Car AM/FM Radio -IS- "Free".
* Any Where I Drive.

Yes I Am Free-To-Be-Me -with-
My "Free" Over-the-Air Radio ~ RHF

So far as I can tell, we're in complete agreement about all of this.
We only seem to disagree about whether there's a monthly fee that is
not for electricity and not for internet but is specifically for
internet radio. Can you tell us more about this fee?- Hide quoted text -

Steve,

Built-in-Cost - Internet Radio as a 'Sub-Set' of the Internet Service
{Access} Fee is a Built-in-Cost. -Note- This is a Direct Payment.

BUT - Technically everytime that I buy a Product or Service
that is Advertised on the Radio - It Too Has The Built-in-Cost
of Radio Advertising [IN-IT]. -Note- This is an In-Direct Payment.

In Reality - We (As Consumers) Pay for Both :
At Some-Point-In-Time [.]

- yes it is that simple ~ RHF
Old November 25th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 24, 8:08 pm, RHF wrote:
On Nov 24, 4:47 pm, Steve wrote:

On Nov 24, 6:50 pm, RHF wrote:

Steve,

[...]

That what I hoped you meant. Thanks for the clarification.

Steve
Old November 25th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Nov 24, 5:02 pm, Steve wrote:
-
- This is an outrage!
-

We Are Now 'Off-the-Grid' and have Free Solar Electricity !
http://www.links2love.com/love_lyrics_203.htm

Oops - It Cost $135K for the Solar Power System . . .

free can be very expensive - sometimes ~ RHF
Old November 25th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default IBOC "HD" Radio - The Radio Listening Public Is Just Being TakenAlong For The Ride

On Nov 24, 4:04Â*pm, wrote:
On Nov 24, 6:53Â*pm, RHF wrote:

On Nov 24, 11:48Â*am, wrote:

On Nov 23, 9:22�pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

"IBOCcrock" wrote in message

iBiquty has already mentioned exit-strategies:

�Exit strategies are usually focused on the point where venture capital
cashes in, and takes a company public or sells to a larger one. That can
occur well before the company is profitable and only requires a perception
of value.

iBiquity has nearly all the viable AM and FM stations in the top 100 markets
on board. If the market improves, they could probably do a very profitable
LBO immediately.

Let's not forget how Peter Ferrera spouted off that HD Radio would
appear in Apple products:

"Radio on the iPod? Only if it's Internet Radio"

"He said (with a straight face) that Apple had no immediate plans for
a 'radio-type' function on its players because "Steve considers
traditional radio to be a an old technology and he doesn't want to
'taint' his cutting edge technology. How about Internet radio? That's
a different story" my contact stated!"

http://www.hear2.com/2007/11/radio-on-the-ip.html

Here is one of Ferrera's most-famous quotes:

"...I can tell you that 30 different product lines of automobiles will
have HD Radio as optional or standard equipment by the 2008 model
year."

- Your whole industry is full-of-****!

PocketRadio - 'full-of-****!' - Finally An Opinion On
Something That You Are An Expert On ! ~ RHF
Â*.- Hide quoted text -

-
- The HD Radio industry:
-
- http://www.forumspile.com/You-Are-Fu...t_(Toilet).jpg
-

PocketRadio,

Think more creatively - You wrote : 'The HD Radio Industry'
http://www.forumspile.com/You-Are-Fu...t_(Toilet).jpg
- - - Gets a 'Ho Hum' Reader Reaction.

When you could have wrote : 'This Is Your Mind On "HD" Radio'
http://www.forumspile.com/You-Are-Fu...t_(Toilet).jpg
- - - Gets a 'Ha Ha Ha' reader Reaction.

posting should be both informational and entertaining
creating reader interest in what you have to say ~ RHF

Old November 25th 07, 04:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Nov 24, 8:37 pm, RHF wrote:
On Nov 24, 5:15 pm, Steve wrote:

On Nov 24, 8:08 pm, RHF wrote:

On Nov 24, 4:47 pm, Steve wrote:

On Nov 24, 6:50 pm, RHF wrote:

Steve,

[...]

Steve- Hide quoted text -

Internet Radio -can-it-be- "Kindle"d ?http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Amazons...evice/dp/B000F...

More specifically an "eRadio" Stand-A-Lone Internet Radio
* Table Top AC Powered
-or- Portable Long Life (40~60 Hours) Battery Powered
* Phone Line / Cable Connection
-or- Direct Cellular Service
* No PC / No WiFi
Still looking for a Toaster Like Internet Radio {eRadio}

~ RHF
Old November 25th 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 24, 11:46 pm, RHF wrote:
On Nov 24, 8:37 pm, RHF wrote:

On Nov 24, 5:15 pm, Steve wrote:

On Nov 24, 8:08 pm, RHF wrote:

On Nov 24, 4:47 pm, Steve wrote:

On Nov 24, 6:50 pm, RHF wrote:

Steve,

[...]

I'm not sure why this matters to you. Why do you object to wireless? A
cellular connection would have horrible audio quality, and so would a
phone line connection.

In five years it's going to be hard to find a direct, wired connection
between a computer and anything else. And you know what? When internet
radio finally takes hold, some of the big threats to our AM spectrum
that we fret about today will be squashed like bugs. Then you can
enjoy your over the air AM radio under nice, quiet conditions again.

You of all people ought to be thanking the producers of internet
radio.
Old November 25th 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:
On Nov 24, 5:15 pm, Steve wrote:
On Nov 24, 8:08 pm, RHF wrote:

On Nov 24, 4:47 pm, Steve wrote:
On Nov 24, 6:50 pm, RHF wrote:
Steve,
[...]

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Amazons.../dp/B000FI73MA
.

When I'm mo-bile...

....I still have the Sirius and the ATS-606A.

When I'm home I can listen to thousands of radio stations on the old
$200 Green gPC. If I want to read I'll kill a tree.

Eye-On-IBOC - Looking for Information about IBOC and HD Radio RHF Shortwave 1 March 2nd 08 04:41 AM
Latest e-mail about IBOC IBOCcrock Shortwave 0 November 21st 07 11:47 AM
AIR Latest Changes dxAce Shortwave 1 July 31st 06 07:11 PM
Lunaris Mail : UNLIMITED Mail Box size [email protected] CB 0 May 19th 05 11:21 AM
Attempting to e-mail Howard Stern's show, can't find 'direct e-mail addy' Mr. Viagra Broadcasting 0 October 3rd 04 04:50 PM